BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

9dKp.gif anyways

first impressions so far:

xanny: a little boring for my tastes and kind of preachy but a good message i guess, a lot of billie's fans seem like young impressionable people so hearing her say to stay away from xannies is cool and wasn't something I expected from this song

atgggth: a cute bop but the lyrics are repetitive and kind of boring

8: sounds too much like Party Favor for me to be interested

my strange addiction: another good bop, but at this point a lot of songs are starting to blend together

ilomilo: i KNEW the beat at the end of bury a friend would be from the next track!! anyways this one is sweet and i feel like it might be partially about xxxulypieceofshit's death, she talks a lot about dying in LA and losing friends

listen before i go: billie's vocals are gorgeous on this one and these types of songs from billie leave a pit in my stomach because she writes a lot about committing suicide. but a pretty melancholic track

i love you: another in the same vein as lbig, IMO this one is pretty boring although the lyrics are nice

goodbye: a cool way to end the album, seems like just a selection of lines from Billie's favorites on the album

overall i was expecting a bit more from billie on this one, there are only two types of songs and in each of the categories all the songs sort of start to mold together. i give it a 6.5

all of my friends and I love billie so one of the things I look in her music is stuff that we can jam in the car to, but also have a good cry and this album is good for both, its easy boppable and nice to listen to, and the production is very good and what I was hoping for. 10/10

giphy.gif

overall i was expecting a bit more from billie on this one, there are only two types of songs and in each of the categories all the songs sort of start to mold together. i give it a 6.5

Perfect wording for how I felt. Honestly the single choices shouldve been different because after getting ‘when the party’s over’ none of the ballads hit that level.

Perfect wording for how I felt. Honestly the single choices shouldve been different because after getting ‘when the party’s over’ none of the ballads hit that level.

I think the single choices were good because they're all song that are by faaaar the strongest. I don't think i would have been as interested in this album if other songs were chosen. but you're right, none of the ballads were as good as wtpo and none of the bops were as good as baf or yssmiac

The singles slapped af but the rest is kinda meh,,,,, also I’m kinda over her breathy voice, she can sing but she needs to vary a bit

can someone pls send me it !!!

Omg they deadass wrote where you can download the album in the other page

The production carries most of the songs, which isn’t really a bad thing tbh. Overall it’s a good album, but I’m kinda underwhelmed since she chose the best songs as the singles. I didn’t expect that xanny was gonna be one of my favorite songs off of this album, but it’s really good, i love the thing they did w the vocals.

qfrWuBl.png

my pms are open for a HQ link im too lazy to go looking for one, i just downloaded a pitched distorted mess and im mad

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

This album was GOOD. My Strange Addiction and i love you were the only songs that were just okay. But I still liked them enough. For a debut this is cohesive and catchy. I give it a 8. It's very slow. Spooky, loud, but in the other room music is her sound. I do want more vocal variation though.

my cd and casette still haven't shipped despite me ordering back on the same day she announced it i... okay.  at least there's digital copies coming (hopefully)

update it literally just shipped so at least it shipped beforehand?  was worried it wouldn't ship until after the release which is yuck

i wonder how fast the shipping will be/if it's a digipak or actual jewel case 

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

bad guy, ilomilo, (EDIT) my strange addiction (IDK HOW I FORGOT IT), and goodbye were my favorites from a first listen

love the lyrical references in goodbye it feels like a great wrap-up

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother