BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

She is not a great lyricist...nor does she have good melodies. 

It feels like words just strung together ..

Well. She is still young. Will get better.

Mmeow~

1 hour ago, DeluluKing said:

good writers/composers are good from a very young age, Fiona Apple wrote her first album at 16, Lorde too, etc... I doubt she’s gonna get much better with time than this 

2 hours ago, DeluluKing said:

I understand. But I just dont get what the enormous  hype about her is at all.

Everyone on YT/Twitter/IG are hailing her as a legendary songwriter ??

6 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

She is not a great lyricist...nor does she have good melodies. 

It feels like words just strung together ..

She’s very average compared to Lana 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I like the EP but everytime I listen to it I feel very hollow inside (it feels incredibly generic to me honestly I do not get the hype) I definitely prefer her debut

This album seems to be a bit of a stepdown so far but I still have liked the singles quite a bit

I feel like Lost Cause is too boring, too generic. ugh :/

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

26 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

I’ve liked everything I’ve heard so far tbh, but I’ve noticed a real lack of interest for her nee stuff. No doubt the album will sell well, but it seems the “hype” may have worn off already.

Her music videos also seem to be less hyped. I remember "When the Party's Over"'s video was EVERYWHERE in 2018/2019 (currently has 700m views) and Bad Guy broke 1 Billion within a year. 

These new ones still haven't picked up that traction. 

And honestly, none of the new songs have even touched "When the Party's Over" for me

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, Mer said:

Her music videos also seem to be less hyped. I remember "When the Party's Over"'s video was EVERYWHERE in 2018/2019 (currently has 700m views) and Bad Guy broke 1 Billion within a year. These new ones still haven't picked up that traction. 

her new music videos (the ones that are self-directed) are boring as hell. xanny was literally her sitting on a bench with dead eyes, everything i wanted was her sitting in a car with dead eyes. these new videos have more "energy," but they're still quite dull.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, Charlottexseax said:

good writers/composers are good from a very young age, Fiona Apple wrote her first album at 16, Lorde too, etc... I doubt she’s gonna get much better with time than this 

yes, prodigies (lana, fiona, lorde) exist and their young genius helps propel them to fame, but suggesting that you can't practice a skill and slowly improve on it is just ludicrous. it isn't a "you have it or you don't." you either have a natural affinity for it, or you work hard and practice and get better. I have hope that she will get better.

anyways. I have a lot of mixed feelings about ms Eilish right now. when I first heard When the Party's Over, I was instantly struck by the beautiful, melancholic atmosphere, the alluring dread, the gorgeous melodies. I quickly caught up on her disco and although nothing came quite close to that song, her EP was very very fresh and musically interesting, and several of her album songs were great too.

this new era, these new songs... it's dull. i mean, they're okay, but she's no longer capitalizing on her gorgeous breathy tone and piercing high notes (whisper-singing or not), nor is she exploring a more powerful chesty sound. it's mumblesing revenge songs about previous friendships and relationships and it just isn't doing it for me. she also threw out her previous dark themes and dark vibes for more neutral tones, which is fine, it's growth, but it's so far proven to be a regression.

i think the problem is that Billie is taking more of a lead on the writing/direction of her projects. it's no secret that Finneas was the brains behind Billie Eilish for many years- most of her melodically brilliant songs are written solely by Finneas. Billie herself has said many times that she hates songwriting and leaves much of it to Finneas. but she's said in recent months that she's finally come into her own with songwriting and... well, it shows :rip:

anyways... maybe the album is hiding a few beautiful gems. i do think the hype is wearing out (especially because the GP know and love the girl with the neon roots and dark songs, not this blonde sorority girl), but she has an incredibly strong fanbase so she'll still do well. she's taking more of a Lanaesque route with her career- chasing her muse and the art rather than making music tailored to be chart hits (the only difference is miss lana is doing it way better :toofunny:), so it'll be interesting to see her sound grow in the next few years.

It’s weird because everything I wanted was such a great follow up to her debut. Even my future was good but since that song it’s been downhill. Therefore I Am was a blatant attempt to replicate bad guy’s success and I think it definitely underperformed (hence why they don’t have more “hits” to release pre album).

But honestly I can’t see this album flopping whatsoever. I predict 300-400k but it’ll be frontloaded and it wont have the longevity her debut had unless the album tracks are great. And even if this album underperforms she has such a huge team backing her that they’ll know what to do for the next album.

I also think it’s too early for her to be taking this mature route to songwriting and production. These are the years for her to release upbeat music and tour it. I feel like she needs to discover herself more as an artist outside of Finneas’ influence.

I liked her but havent listened to her in a long time or heard the new songs or if I have I didnt like them and don't remember it.

The music videos from the WWAFAWDWG era are so boring.

While her music videos for the upcoming album are a bit of a mixed bag for me, they are an improvement.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Very excited to get the new album as I really love all new songs so far. I wish No Time To Die and Everything… were on the album too. 
Her new merch looks really great but since Corona there have been exploding prices for merch, not just in Billie‘s case. Almost 200 € for a hoodie - it ain’t fun.