Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I just read some of these posts and I don't even know if I belong here. I love Lana/Lizzy as a person and I pity her burn-out, which she expresses on NFR. If she never gave me one more thing, she gave me a lifetime. I don't care about selfies, or if she performed a certain song, and I'm starting to think there isn't a place for people like me.

Maybe my joining was an impulse I needed to vent.

There IS a place for you here. You DO belong here. [in my humble opinion]

I never listen to BTD and Paradise. I don't like these albums : I And I don't like Video Games - I don't understand how is it better than for example MAC for most ppl. Unreleased songs like Yes To heaven and Sirens album made a huge Lana fan.

Mmeow~

On 10/20/2012 at 7:16 AM, Gangster Bitch said:

I'll go first,

-I actually used to really hate her nails, but now I can't get enough of it, love her claws.

-The first time I listened to Blue Jeans, when she says "we don't need no money, we could make it all work, but he.." i thought she actually said "we could make it all work buddy" and i was like "lol sure buddy" it was quite an embarrassing moment.

That sounds like something that would happen to me! Relatable, thank you! 

On 3/19/2020 at 11:39 AM, AnarKissed said:

There IS a place for you here. You DO belong here. [in my humble opinion]

Yes, you do. She already gave me a lifetime too, and I haven't heard all of her music. Yet*

On 10/20/2012 at 12:56 PM, Eulonzo said:

She's one of the hottest artist out there today.

It annoys me whenever people hate on her the only thing they can hate on her for is her lips.

It took me a while for her lips to grow on me.

I don't like the fact that she smokes.

Her lips are beautiful, and I dont like that she smokes either. But I embrace it as part of her, because.....it's Lana. 💙

On 3/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, DeluluKing said:

I never listen to BTD and Paradise. I don't like these albums : I And I don't like Video Games - I don't understand how is it better than for example MAC for most ppl. Unreleased songs like Yes To heaven and Sirens album made a huge Lana fan.

U deserved to be banned for this take

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

- I 100% prefer AKA and Paradise over BTD. Million Dollar Man is one of my favs tho.

- I'm starting to think LFL isn't really a bad album and this cursed thought scaaaaaaares meee

- I'm gonna be murdered for this take, but I love both Lana and Radiohead. They're literally my favorite artists ever. Btw, I don't think Get Free is a Creep rip off, neither that Creep is a The Air I Breath rip off. They only sound similar instrumentally, it's not even that much.

3 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

- I 100% prefer AKA and Paradise over BTD. Million Dollar Man is one of my favs tho.

- I'm starting to think LFL isn't really a bad album and this cursed thought scaaaaaaares meee

- I'm gonna be murdered for this take, but I love both Lana and Radiohead. They're literally my favorite artists ever. Btw, I don't think Get Free is a Creep rip off, neither that Creep is a The Air I Breath rip off. They only sound similar instrumentally, it's not even that much.

I love Radiohead too, have since the 90's.

I was upset that she got accused of ripping off Creep with Get Free.  There are musical similarities, but it's not even close to a ripoff. Intellectual property is a tricky business, but Lana has proven she doesn't have to copy anyone else to be truly great.💙 

3 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

I actually really love Radiohead too, and was sad to see that dispute lol. I wonder how Lana must have felt, given that she is/was a Radiohead fan — I remember she listed them as influences/one of her favourite bands on her “Lizzy Grant” MySpace page. Love both Get Free and Creep still to this day. 

I think her writing has improved massively and I celebrate her growth but a part of me really misses the glamorous depressed edgy tumblr queen shtick she had in the earlier days.

Just now, White Hot said:

I think her writing has improved massively and I celebrate her growth but a part of me really misses the glamorous depressed tumblr queen shtick she had in the earlier days.

i don’t wanna seem like one of those people but lana’s music from 2015 and earlier is her best work

“I’m wild I’m free, no man can handle me”CWVPmao.jpgQMpCskZ.jpg

The reason I started fully listening to Lana outside of just Video Games was because of a member of a girl group that liked her :bebe:

imageproxy.jpg

On 11/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, YourGirl666 said:

its truly not a bad album. yall just cant get over Coachella lmfao

but in all seriousness, it's a great album. not her best, but its still really good. but i also think people are starting to realize it since thats the last album we had from her that wasn't so acoustic driven and lowkey. it feels like the last true Lana Del Rey album. Everything after is like Lana Del Rey 2.0 (not that that's a bad thing, it's just different)

negAbhB.png

23 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

its truly not a bad album. yall just cant get over Coachella lmfao

but in all seriousness, it's a great album. not her best, but its still really good. but i also think people are starting to realize it since thats the last album we had from her that wasn't so acoustic driven and lowkey. it feels like the last true Lana Del Rey album. Everything after is like Lana Del Rey 2.0 (not that that's a bad thing, it's just different)

i 5000% disagree. I love all of Lanas albums and her as a person but LFL was just rushed, seemingly an attempt at growing unnecessary relevancy (which worked), out of place features, poor song writing, poor production, and poor vocal effects. it’s really not the holy grail a lot of fans think it is. The album cover is her worst as well. Coachella is one of the best written songs on the album, but could’ve done without the trap inspired beat. 

giphy.gif

On 11/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, IanadeIrey said:

I actually really love Radiohead too, and was sad to see that dispute lol. I wonder how Lana must have felt, given that she is/was a Radiohead fan — I remember she listed them as influences/one of her favourite bands on her “Lizzy Grant” MySpace page. Love both Get Free and Creep still to this day. 

Same!! I know Radiohead is a touchy subject among Lana fans, but I'd love to hear her cover Pyramid Song. It's beautifully written, and I can totally hear her amplifying its murky atmosphere.

Part of me wishes she'd dip into something in the vein of Thom Yorke's Dawn Chorus in the future, but I will not allow myself to get my hopes up for that lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath