Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

My 2 cents... :derpna:

I think the live version of National Anthem is breath taking. I really want a copy of it where there's not someone screaming OH MY GOD LANA I WANT TO FUCK YOU SO MUCH for my collections.

I don't like a lot of the unreleased tracks :eek: I don't really like the fluffy sound.

I don't consider the AKA album to be a failed pop effort. I think most of it is very anti-genre. Fuck you hipster runoff!

Body Electric live= :bodyisready: Body Electric studio= :heidi:

I think a lot of the tracks on Paradise seem rather rushed. Some of the bridges are so mechanical :icant:

I really prefer Lana's look when her hair was strawberry or auburn colored. The black is just too much.

And I thought Lizzy's platinum look was really unflattering!!!

Phew... That felt good.

I don't consider the AKA album to be a failed pop effort. I think most of it is very anti-genre. Fuck you hipster runoff!

:gclap:  :woot:  :)  :deadbanana:  :flutter:  :legend:  :party:  :sluttybunny:

Paradise ... Some of the bridges are so mechanical :icant:

:sluttybunny: :party: :legend: :flutter:  :deadbanana:  :)  :woot:  :gclap:

or: I agree, strongly.  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

:gclap:  :woot:  :)  :deadbanana:  :flutter:  :legend:  :party:  :sluttybunny:

:sluttybunny: :party: :legend: :flutter:  :deadbanana:  :)  :woot:  :gclap:

or: I agree, strongly.  

Phew! I'm so glad someone agrees. Its so sad, I feel that Paradise had so much potential. I like the darker cinematic turn, the vocals, the overall feel. But some of the lyrics were so weak. As I previously mentioned, the bridges were slapped together in such a pitiful fashion, they were all almost the same. Body Electric was just butchered! With the nature of the song, it needed to be more epic, and swooping, instead of an anticlimactic drone. I think maybe it needed to be a full length album, with time and care put into it. And the sound quality :facepalm:

I really thought Blue Velvet was gorgeous though. And Ride, though it isn't perfect, is a beautiful song.

I would just love to hear a more refined production of the AKA songs. Mermaid Motel remodeled? :bodyisready:

Phew! I'm so glad someone agrees. Its so sad, I feel that Paradise had so much potential. I like the darker cinematic turn, the vocals, the overall feel. But some of the lyrics were so weak. As I previously mentioned, the bridges were slapped together in such a pitiful fashion, they were all almost the same. Body Electric was just butchered! With the nature of the song, it needed to be more epic, and swooping, instead of an anticlimactic drone. I think maybe it needed to be a full length album, with time and care put into it. And the sound quality :facepalm:

I really thought Blue Velvet was gorgeous though. And Ride, though it isn't perfect, is a beautiful song.

You have really touched on some of my exact (kind of conflicting and complicated) thoughts on Paradise and some the biggest issues i have with it as a whole. I wrote a ridiculously long post in the Paradise Reviews thread that goes into detail about most of what you've mentioned above, if you happen to be interested in your eyes glazing over from too many words about a 33 minute long album. Though, ultimately, i like the album despite all of its shortcomings.  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

You have really touched on some of my exact (kind of conflicting and complicated) thoughts on Paradise and some the biggest issues i have with it as a whole. I wrote a ridiculously long post in the Paradise Reviews thread that goes into detail about most of what you've mentioned above, if you happen to be interested in your eyes glazing over from too many words about a 33 minute long album. Though, ultimately, i like the album despite all of its shortcomings.  

I found your review very sound indeed! I personally rate Body Electric lower than Gods and Monsters :P I had very mixed feelings about the reverb on Yayo. It automatically felt like a "palm-face", botched kind of effort, but I can't deny that it adds to the haunting vibe of the song. And I have to say that, while its such an insignificant detail, the whisper-repeating of each line in the pre-choruses of Ride really bothered me, I felt that it was overdone, clichéd maybe?

Did you ever review National Anthem? I would love to hear your take on that.

Honestly....the only song Lana has made that I hate is RADIO. I hate it so much -_-

CINNAMON ISNT EVEN SWEET LANA :icant:

Well, you don't pour the stuff over your oatmeal because it's bitter, now do you?  :emma:

Aaaand... I always skip body electric. It was the song that never grew on me from Paradise. 

1olt2g.jpg

I found your review very sound indeed! I personally rate Body Electric lower than Gods and Monsters :P I had very mixed feelings about the reverb on Yayo. It automatically felt like a "palm-face", botched kind of effort, but I can't deny that it adds to the haunting vibe of the song. And I have to say that, while its such an insignificant detail, the whisper-repeating of each line in the pre-choruses of Ride really bothered me, I felt that it was overdone, clichéd maybe? Did you ever review National Anthem? I would love to hear your take on that.

I'm literally In love with that whisper repeating. It slays me over and over again :uh:

My 2 cents... :derpna:

I think the live version of National Anthem is breath taking. I really want a copy of it where there's not someone screaming OH MY GOD LANA I WANT TO FUCK YOU SO MUCH for my collections.

I don't like a lot of the unreleased tracks :eek: I don't really like the fluffy sound.

Body Electric live= :bodyisready: Body Electric studio= :heidi:

I think a lot of the tracks on Paradise seem rather rushed. Some of the bridges are so mechanical :icant:

I really prefer Lana's look when her hair was strawberry or auburn colored. The black is just too much.

And I thought Lizzy's platinum look was really unflattering!!!

Phew... That felt good.

:) x

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

When my dad first showed me Video Games (my typical grandparents sent him it because you know, it was viral), I laughed and I was like "what kind of boring people listen to this?" And now my parents hate her and I'm the one loving her.

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I actually hated her when I pic of her for the first time. Someone had posted a link for the BTD video so I thought it was another pop shit. I started to like her a few days later though ( DMD demo got me).

I actually don't like some of her live performances. There are some times where she doesn't even sing the words pronouncing them and it sounds not that good. C'mon Lana, you know you can do better.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I actually hated her when I pic of her for the first time. Someone had posted a link for the BTD video so I thought it was another pop shit. I started to like her a few days later though ( DMD demo got me).

I actually don't like some of her live performances. There are some times where she doesn't even sing the words pronouncing them and it sounds not that good. C'mon Lana, you know you can do better.

''we was born to die''

lmfao at some of her live performances, it's very lana tho

VyIsfwC.jpg

I actually hated her when I pic of her for the first time. Someone had posted a link for the BTD video so I thought it was another pop shit. I started to like her a few days later though ( DMD demo got me)..

Luckily I've managed to convert most of my friends to Lana /evil cackle Edited by radiodasirius

B8wHSYZ.jpg

''we was born to die''

lmfao at some of her live performances, it's very lana tho

There are times that she is not even trying to be understood  :toofunny: I

Luckily I've managed to convert most of my friends to Lana /evil cackle

Nobody I know likes Lana  :noparty:

EotAQlJ.jpg