Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

Had to write this, I had to.. :(

I have a Lana confession. I'm scared she is going to stop making music that I like. I'm actually terrified of it. I've been a fan for a long time now, about a year and half, and I've loved almost all her music up to today. Young & Beautiful just isn't my style. If that's what the new record is going to sound like, I'm not going to love it like I love Born to Die. I don't like the way she's described the new album.. The whole "stripped down" thing. I want more music with hip-hop influenced beats and orchestral strings and that damn loon that I love. I want more music like AKA and the upbeat songs in Born to Die. I want more Off to the Races and Diet Mountain Dew. And I have a feeling this next record is going to be nothing but stuff like Paradise Edition. It scares me. It scares me so much. I've been so in love with Lana, and I'm sure I won't fall out of love with the music we already have, but I just want her to keep making music that is interesting and makes me happy. Young & Beautiful doesn't do that for me. 

That felt good to let out.

I used to have this really organized discography but since Fall I haven't been keeping track of new leaks, new covers, new videos, radio versions, remixes, etc, and I don't have most of the new media. #badlanafan  :ohno:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I finally broke down and bought the Paradise Edition box set, my first Lana purchase. I feel decidedly less evil.

money in bens pocket

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

I used to have this really organized discography but since Fall I haven't been keeping track of new leaks, new covers, new videos, radio versions, remixes, etc, and I don't have most of the new media. #badlanafan  :ohno:

Same here. I don't have the dark paradise radio edit, dynamite, butterflies pt.2 or back to tha basics

and ive watched about 1 and a half tour videos :creep:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I don't know if I said this already, but when I first heard of Lana Del Rey, I was convinced that Universal Music España was heavily promoting one of their latest exports. She did looks somewhat exotic to me, and I was amazed by her accent-free pronunciation.  :gclap: Little did I know that Summer/Fall of 2011.  :flop:

Same here. I don't have the dark paradise radio edit, dynamite, butterflies pt.2 or back to tha basics

and ive watched about 1 and a half tour videos :creep:

Yet you had an aneurism and meltdown when a few outtakes from old photo shoots were revealed in the tour programme?  

---

I don't know if this belongs here, in Lana confessions, or in Unpopular Lana Opinions, so you know what? I'm going to write half of it here and continue the second half in the ULO thread  :deadbanana:

So, here is my confession/unpopular opinion:

I know that it's used as a joke and a metaphor, but even still, to be frank, i'm getting weary of the Ben Mawson vilification. It’s just a very reductive hero/villain sort of thing, and i think it's gotten a bit out of hand, unfair, and somewhat baseless. I'm not singling anyone out here, i’m just referring to the consensus on the board. He has become the scapegoat for anything and everything negative in Lana's career, and the default culprit for any deterrent in fans' pursuit of her work (examples: when WMG blocks a video on her YT channel it is automatically attributed to Ben; lack of promo...

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

It comes to a point where we have so many Lana songs that I actually feel bad for listening to them as they were never supposed to be out. And because of this I think seeing previously unpublished outtakes from such ICONIC nicole nodland shoots as Born To Die is a lot more exciting :flutter:

I havent even listened to dynamite or butterflies pt.2

Yet you had an aneurism and meltdown when a few outtakes from old photo shoots were revealed in the tour programme?  

---

I don't know if this belongs here, in Lana confessions, or in Unpopular Lana Opinions, so you know what? I'm going to write half of it here and continue the second half in the ULO thread  :deadbanana:

I know that it's used as a joke and a metaphor, but even still, to be frank, i'm getting weary of the Ben Mawson vilification. It’s just a very reductive hero/villain sort of thing, and i think it's gotten a bit out of hand, unfair, and somewhat baseless. I'm not singling anyone out here, i’m just referring to the consensus on the board. He has become the scapegoat for anything and everything negative in Lana's career, and the default culprit for any deterrent in fans' pursuit of her work (examples: when WMG blocks a video on her YT channel it is automatically attributed to Ben; lack of promo...

I agree about Ben, I really don't understand it and I think that response to Evil above is the first time ive mentioned him, as I was trying to think of a witty comment to reply to Evil's post  :ohno:

i think there are a lot of inside/private jokes on this forum that can alienate a lot of members, i don't understand most of them. Especially that old guy emote, "Mario" or this "Op.U.Lence" thing 

and where is Ed Millett?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

---

^ I've not seen one serious example of that? You've said it's used as a joke and that's all it is, a running joke. We used to blame it on the boogie, now we blame it on the Ben. I've seen no evidence of him being treated as an actual hate figure and until it descends into that I don't see why it should be seen as anything more than it's light hearted intent.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I have a Lana confession. I'm scared she is going to stop making music that I like. I'm actually terrified of it. I've been a fan for a long time now, about a year and half, and I've loved almost all her music up to today. Young & Beautiful just isn't my style. If that's what the new record is going to sound like, I'm not going to love it like I love Born to Die. I don't like the way she's described the new album.. The whole "stripped down" thing. I want more music with hip-hop influenced beats and orchestral strings and that damn loon that I love. I want more music like AKA and the upbeat songs in Born to Die. I want more Off to the Races and Diet Mountain Dew. And I have a feeling this next record is going to be nothing but stuff like Paradise Edition. It scares me. It scares me so much. I've been so in love with Lana, and I'm sure I won't fall out of love with the music we already have, but I just want her to keep making music that is interesting and makes me happy. Young & Beautiful doesn't do that for me. 

THIS^ 

So okay I edited the quote a bit but I've to say that I planned to post a confession like this.

Maybe it's just a phase.

But really I miss sometimes the lana from last year. She changed a lot and maybe I don't like all the changes but I still love her and still am a big Fan of her.

#Soulmates

i'm getting weary of the Ben Mawson vilification.

Am I vilified that much? I get the impression at least half of this forum wants to fuck me. You're just worried I'm going to shut this motherfucker down, aren't you?

Am I vilified that much? I get the impression at least half of this forum wants to fuck me. You're just worried I'm going to shut this motherfucker down, aren't you?

omg so true, please shut us down we leak so many songs and lana has 100 other fanbases websites you dont need this one. 

(Like your even the real Ben) 

TZk1z.png

i think there are a lot of inside/private jokes on this forum that can alienate a lot of members, i don't understand most of them. Especially that old guy emote, "Mario" or this "Op.U.Lence" thing

Yeah, I consider myself one of the chief perpetuators of forum memes and even I don't get those two.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

yeah, I believe it was a creation of NEAL, which explains it well as I have never understand anything he has written on here (not in a mean way)  :ohno:

Been considering merging them so that the Unpopular Opinions thread is less inherently...bad...

Any opinions on this?

I think Lana's released stuff totally tops the majority of her unreleased stuff, I also disliked the weird little patch of hair from when she was Lizzy. I also loved BTD (album) a lot more than Sirens.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Been considering merging them so that the Unpopular Opinions thread is less inherently...bad...

Any opinions on this?

I personally wouldn’t. I think the topics and their aim are distinct enough from each other. I was just unsure where to put mine because it’s both an unpopular opinion and a confession of sorts (though neither directly about Lana). Also, remember that if you merge them, since the two threads have been running concurrently for a while, it’s going to turn into The Clusterfuck Thread Part 2 because all the posts would be ordered chronologically, so it would jump back and forth between posts from both threads, making it a very confusing thread to read through for those coming in late.  :ohno:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I agree, this joke is not even funny anymore. I've been debating with myself if I should say something, and I would like to officially thank you for saying all the things I wanted to say. Thank you, Monicker, thank you, thank you.