Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I agree, this joke is not even funny anymore. I've been debating with myself if I should say something, but I would officially thank you for saying all the things I wanted to say. Thank you, Monicker, thank you, thank you. 

I've made my first a few days ago and felt dirty/weird after posting it, then i saw one yesterday and didn't even smile :ohno:

Forgive me Ben :icant:

I've made my first a few days ago and felt dirty/weird after posting it, then i saw one yesterday and didn't even smile :ohno:

Forgive me Ben :icant:

You know, I'm not saying that making a harmless joke about it once in a while is bad, because in context it is pretty funny sometimes. But I am so annoyed to see him blamed for everything which is supposedly is not working out the way it should. 

You know, I'm not saying that making a harmless joke about it once in a while is bad, because in context it is pretty funny sometimes. But I am so annoyed to see him blamed for everything which is supposedly is not working out the way it should. 

That is, verbatim, what i was trying to express. Thank you for expressing it so succinctly. 

Ben apologists  :lanasrs: 

Ha. I am going to get a kick out of seeing the collective reaction of this forum when one day it is revealed that the driving force behind Ben's iron fist managing was one Elizabeth Woolridge Grant and her desire for things to be handled in that manner. 

Have you guys thought about that one? What if all the shit that pisses us off about Ben is simply the result of fulfilling Lana’s requests? If they are as close as it seems, and she truly does regard him as highly as she’s indicated, why would their interests always be in conflict? 

Heroes & Villains 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

yeah, I believe it was a creation of NEAL, which explains it well as I have never understand anything he has written on here (not in a mean way)  :ohno:

Neal popularised it here but 4chan invented it

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I agree, it's funny sometimes but now it became redundant and way less funny.

That is, verbatim, what i was trying to express. Thank you for expressing it so succinctly. 

Ha. I am going to get a kick out of seeing the collective reaction of this forum when one day it is revealed that the driving force behind Ben's iron fist managing was one Elizabeth Woolridge Grant and her desire for things to be handled in that manner. 

Have you guys thought about that one? What if all the shit that pisses us off about Ben is simply the result of fulfilling Lana’s requests? If they are as close as it seems, and she truly does regard him as highly as she’s indicated, why would their interests always be in conflict? 

Heroes & Villains 

I think it's a joke and to my knowledge, no one takes it that srsly or harbors any sort of hatred for Ben. + we all know that some of the things that annoy us about Lana are solely b/c of her actions and no one else's (i.e. hyping up videos that r never made, institute of thinkers?? , etc) don't start making a leave ben alone video just yet 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I believe that many people don't want to see the side of her that's in charge. She doesn't really make the impression of someone who makes decisions as she's very modest, relatively quiet in interviews and generally reserved. But we have plenty of sources confirming that she's an artist, and a business woman, with precise ideas and goals whose realization she's uncompromisingly pursuing. Those sources reach from current associates, to people she worked with yeas ago. I'm not saying that being that focussed is bad, in fact, it is what will enable her to go very far with her career, but in the end, I am convinced that Ben is the one executing what he was told by his client, Lana. 

Have you guys thought about that one? What if all the shit that pisses us off about Ben is simply the result of fulfilling Lana’s requests?

I've never doubted that might be the case. However, it's not just what he does that I think deserves criticism, but how he does it, which I don't think you can pin on Lana. And if he is merely carrying out her wishes, then I think he's done a disservice to her as a manager if he hasn't told her certain things were a bad idea.

You know, the Nazis were just following orders too. :troll:

#InvokingGodwinsLawOnMyself

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

However, it's not just what he does that I think deserves criticism, but how he does it, which I don't think you can pin on Lana. 

I agree with that. 

You know, the Nazis were just following orders too. :troll:

Yeah, you're helping my point. That is, LANA IS HITLER. This is my ultimate Lana confession, you guys. 

MOAR Godwin's Law.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

It's not really a Lana confession but

I hate hearing about all this pushing and shoving like crazy at her shows, can't even enjoy the concert properly with people all over me  :facepalm: I guess it's my fault I didn't catch Lana when her fan-base wasn't made of screeching twitter-kids.Wish there were more lanaboards-like fans - least for the sake of seeing her live in a civilized way. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Everyday when I get home and there's nobody else in the house (except my cat and I think this is the reason why she's nearly deaf), I go in the bathroom where it's really echo-y and I sing on the top of my voice to the live version of Million Dollar Man. I've managed to get myself to believe I sound really cool, just like Lana but once I recorded myself just out of curiosity and... I don't want to talk about it  :horror:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

The first songs I listened to from Lana were Born To Die and Blue Jeans - I disliked them, I thought her voice was too deep and weird... but I listened to BTD more and fell in love with it. Blue Jeans doesn't appeal to me as much though.

I used to think her lips were ugly and weird  :horror:

I used to think she was Hispanic and as a Hispanic myself I was like "YES REPRESENT" until I Googled her and found out she was a white girl from New York.

I don't think using the headdress in Ride was appropriate or respectful or even accurate. The headdress isn't a symbol of freedom; it's basically a Northern equivalent to a Purple Heart, from what I understand. I really wish she hadn't used it.

The Million Dollar Man video with the demo is my favorite LDR video.

The studio version of Body Electric is my favorite song off Paradise.

I hate the live versions of Body Electric. Her vocals are just cringe-inducing, "emotional" as they may be. The instrumental sounds joyful??? and I like the very dark feeling behind the studio version (the bells in the second verse give me shivers~~~).

I haven't seen a single live performance of Lana's that I liked, to be honest. I like "Million Dollar Man" on "L'album de la semaine" because it honestly just dips into that "so bad it's good" range, but that's it.

Ride is incredibly boring. I do not see all the hype and it isn't even the best song on Paradise, let alone her entire discography.

I think Million Dollar Man and Lolita are criminally underrated. I routinely see these given the worst scores and it makes me so unhappy. :( MDM has a great jazzy feeling, which is a welcome break from whatever the rest of BTD is, and Lolita has a interesting chord progressions and makes the best use of her artificial little girl voice. Everyone seems to hate these two songs, though.

The second line of Blue Jeans is painful. "And you made my eyes BURN."

tumblr_mqf92yn0F91so3wywo2_500.gif

I think her low voice sounds very forced and unnatural.

Her voice sounds best on Sirens.

I wish she'd play guitar live; I don't think I've seen any performances of her with a guitar? (post Born To Die, not her Lizzy Grant/May Jailer/omgwtfbbq days).

I think Paradise was a huge step down from Born To Die.

It really bothers me she claims she wrote the song for "The Great Gatsby" when we know she announced the song for Paradise as "Will You Still Love Me When I'm No Longer Young And Beautiful," along with "In The Land Of Gods And Monsters" and "I Sing The Body Electric." I don't mind that it went towards the film at all and I know that they have to say she wrote it for the film to get dem awards, but it still bugs me.

I wouldn't mind if she were more popular; at least then I'd have people irl to fangirl over her. I have one friend who likes the idea of Lana Del Rey but only knows Video Games and another who only knows Young and Beautiful. The rest saw her SNL performance and think she's a manufactured fake who can't sing live.

The amount of leaks this fandom gets is astonishing. I thought the Gaga fandom got a bunch of stuff! Please note, my first experience as a fan of any artist was with ABBA, and we have a handful of LQ leaked songs, a few HQ snippets we are never going to get full versions of, and countless titles, some of which we don't even know are for. When you're good to Lana, Lana's good to you.

ok that's REALLY embarrassing but when I saw Video Games for the very first time on TV back in 2011 I really liked the song but I was sure that Lana would be kind of a one hit wonder.... and I thought she was from a country like Ukraine... I don't mean this in any cruel way but I think she looks different in that video and her style is like uhhhggg  :tsk:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Love Lana but don't know and can't explain why. Every other artist I've seen mentioned on these forums since I joined a few weeks ago is totally not my cup of warm sake. Except maybe charli xcx, her shit is pretty interesting.

Also film is my thing, more than music, and I love her videos and that she used to do them herself. You can tell she's got tons of individuality, vision and that she's for real when you watch them.