Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

Another Lana-related confession: I do not miss lanadelrey.fm, and I think this forum is better than LDR.FM could ever be.

(...)

Did anything I write make any sense? Does anyone agree/relate to it? I swear, I'm not crazy.

i totally agree! 100%. here, people aren't groveling for leaks, we all appreciate listening to and discussing her released and unreleased music yet are more respectful and aware, i think. i also love that everyone can feel free to start new threads, which range from fun to thoughtful (many times both). i guess this relates to a certain feeling of democracy in this community, and i love it :)

i wasn't a member of ldr.fm, and it makes me sort of sad that i joined the boards so late (and during all the drama) but i guess better late than never, because i don't have much people around me irl that i can talk to about lana, and this place seems really nice.

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

I never quite felt as though they fit in; there was some odd sort of hierarchy, some sort of unattainability, like "us" and "them". I don't know. Was I the only one that felt this way?

You've hit the nail on the head with this, Maru. That's exactly how I feel and felt about them!

20r46kx.jpg

-The first time I listened to Blue Jeans, when she says "we don't need no money, we could make it all work, but he.." i thought she actually said "we could make it all work buddy"

same :D

There was something very special about the fm. And I'm not talking about the leaks, deer.

Yes, I definitely agree that what Jldr, Calendar Girl, and Jesse originally started out trying to do was, in every sense of the word, noble. Say whatever you will about ulterior motives (and yes, Alex, Jesse and I weren't friends either) and 'greed--' these three were special people.

I myself can personally vouch for the generosity of CG. She has done so much for other people, and not just for Lana...I'm sad she left, but seriously, after all she's done, it needs awhile to sink in. For reasons that are neither here nor there, I believe she is definitely alright, but I haven't had anything conclusive, so we'll just have to have faith that she left by choice. Can we really blame her?

jesse is fine. i can vouch for his fine-ness, and i think he will continue to be fine for a long time to come.

Also, seeing as the other two are effectively disinterested in Lana from this fashion, I believe it was Jldr who returned for that brief stint in September to leak "Fake Diamond." Thus, it's safe to say he's alright as well--no one is behind bars.

But yes, as Maru mentioned, the disparity between us and the administration on the old forum was often very frustrating. Knowing that we were at the same time so close and so far to the source of virtually every song was sometimes overwhelming, and jesse especially did nothing to help ease the tension.

So yes, I understand and emphasize with the feeling of being 'over' the old forum. It became something it wasn't supposed to be, and I'm sure the administration felt that it had. It's a very important and special chapter in Lana Fan History, but for now at least it's only appropriate that it has ended.

Kudos to you, Lana Boards, and may your reign be long and prosperous.

You have a secret and you can't keep it? we will take it to the grave

We won't judge you, too much

Tell us a flop fan confession about you and Lizzy Grant/Lana Del Rey/May Jailer

I'll start:

I didn't buy her early stuff (Video Game & BTD singles) because I thought I wouldn't be her hardcore fan

tumblr_mcucdaj1cs1rdehy9o1_500.gif

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I hated Born To Die, the song, during my first listen,. :3

I still hate it. I own only one Lana remix, don't have any CDs, and think her career is on a downward slope.

I used to forget whether it was Ray or Rey. To remember that it was Rey I'd have to think Del and remember that Rey/Ray have the same middle letter as Del.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Before I liked her I remember talking to my friend about that interview at the Q awards when she was basically complaining about having to tour and saying how pathetic it is of this singer.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome