Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I was looking at a few old videos and articles about how fake Lana was because of her look, and how vapid and melodramatic her music was. It made me think about how much I loved her fake beauty queen look. I loved her puffy (fake) lips in video games, and how dramatic and over produced BtD was and how dramatic the MV's where. I loved how in the Ride video she was playing a girl that hitchhikes and hangs around at truck stops and sings at sleazy bars, all while looking glam. When I was 13 and I found out who she was, I thought I had found my artistic soul mate.  I started painting my nails red and over lining my lips. I wore mini dresses and skirts all the time (even in winter lmao). I remeber telling everyone at school about her. And you know when I look at pics of Lana from 2011-2013 I get the same magically feeling I did when I first saw them, but that's how I feel everytime I look at anyone I consider a beauty icon. Lana also showed me how far being yourself can get you (I know that's super fucking corny).

GIRL SAME!

The reason why I was so drawn to her was that I connected with her so deeply, and I still do! I also find it funny that Lana and I have the same personality type INFP and we have the same Chinese zodiac (Ox) and I find it beautiful how we have very similar traits!

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

i think so far this is her worst/most boring tour yet

It's not her worst by any means, but it is her most boring. I wish she would change up set list, that would help so much. No one would be mad if she cut BtD songs from the setlist. The best set list would be mainly Honeymoon and Lust for Life then some Ultra songs (preferably ones she hasn't done live or hasn't done often), Video Games, and an unreleased track or two.

I was looking at a few old videos and articles about how fake Lana was because of her look, and how vapid and melodramatic her music was. It made me think about how much I loved her fake beauty queen look. I loved her puffy (fake) lips in video games, and how dramatic and over produced BtD was and how dramatic the MV's where. I loved how in the Ride video she was playing a girl that hitchhikes and hangs around at truck stops and sings at sleazy bars, all while looking glam. When I was 13 and I found out who she was, I thought I had found my artistic soul mate.  I started painting my nails red and over lining my lips. I wore mini dresses and skirts all the time (even in winter lmao). I remeber telling everyone at school about her. And you know when I look at pics of Lana from 2011-2013 I get the same magically feeling I did when I first saw them, but that's how I feel everytime I look at anyone I consider a beauty icon. Lana also showed me how far being yourself can get you (I know that's super fucking corny).

Oh here's the tea! 

Agreed 100% over  :mariah:  the reasons why alot of gays and girls fell in love with Lana in the first place was because she was 100 percent committed to her aesthetics was never seen without a lash or a nail and always brought us drama through her music and videos. She just oozed femininity and sex appeal and it was iconic, these days I get the feeling she's over that and doesn't really care much about aesthetics and serving looks and wants to get away from that image because of all the backlash she got so I can see why and we can all agree we want her to be happy and respected but to me it just makes these era's a little boring the music is there but the visuals and drama gone

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

i hate honeymoon and it is a stain on her discog save for a couple tracks oops

Lust for Life is even worse

Honeymoon could've been better with additional production but it's far from bad compared to LFL, which I think really lowered her musical standards. It's her most generic sounding album yet. Mediocre songwriting and production plague a good number of the tracks. At least her heart was in it :flop:

Lana needs to slow down on the lip injections and face fillers. She's so naturally beautiful. I'm not against surgery but... Lana is like, 10 lip injections away from looking like Priscilla Presley.

priscilla-presley.jpg

Priscilla is 72 and she looks gorgeous for her age plus that she was a victim of a bad cosmetic job with low grade silicon similar to that used by mechanics to grease car parts injected by an unqualified plastic surgeon.He ended up in jail.I'm pretty sure Lana will be absolutely fine :flutter:

giphy.gif

Priscilla is 72 and she looks gorgeous for her age plus that she was a victim of a bad cosmetic job with low grade silicon similar to that used by mechanics to grease car parts injected by an unqualified plastic surgeon.He ended up in jail.I'm pretty sure Lana will be absolutely fine :flutter:

Funny how you only ever comment on this site unless it's to @ me. Not to mention bringing up a comment I made in MAY. :awk: and I never directly said Priscilla was ugly. Chill.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana needs to slow down on the lip injections and face fillers. She's so naturally beautiful. I'm not against surgery but... Lana is like, 10 lip injections away from looking like Priscilla Presley.

I know that this is an old post, but now that it's been brought up again... maybe that was the plan all along.

25785024238_4e6e2f5a16.jpg

(This is not meant to be offensive, I genuinely think they are both stunning women before & after. But over time, they both chose to have an added "dip" in their top lip.)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Funny how you only ever comment on this site unless it's to @ me. Not to mention bringing up a comment I made in MAY. :awk: and I never directly said Priscilla was ugly. Chill.

the thread got bumped and read it now.something wrong with that?i'm chill lol perhaps you need to take on your own advice.i didn't say you called her ugly you okay?   :awk:

giphy.gif

I'd like to know what made her "click" that changed her mindset and message almost overnight. Doing charity openly, saying she doesn't drive fast, not singing Cola, stating she doesn't like her old tattoos, the lyrics to Get Free, Heroin, and so on. It's like she realized how influencial she really is now or something. Maybe the panic attacks and the fear of dying affected her deeply, I don't know. While I miss the unapologetic persona she used to convey, I prefer the person she has become, more humane and conscious.

I'd like to know what made her "click" that changed her mindset and message almost overnight. Doing charity openly, saying she doesn't drive fast, not singing Cola, stating she doesn't like her old tattoos, the lyrics to Get Free, Heroin, and so on. It's like she realized how influencial she really is now or something. Maybe the panic attacks and the fear of dying affected her deeply, I don't know. While I miss the unapologetic persona she used to convey, I prefer the person she has become, more humane and conscious.

yes!the reality is different from what we think,sadly

the notorious bad lana del rey will be forever alive through her old music 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I totally agree with you! I also think just growing up a bit added to this; between 2014 and 2015, Lana truly did change a lot. 

Comparing Ultraviolence interviews to Honeymoon interviews, Lana truly seemed to have gained a clearer sense of herself, and I think the panic attacks, hyperawareness of her own mortality, and all the criticism from 2011-2014 really made her reevaluate herself and the choices she was making, not that any of them were negative, I think she just wanted to grow within herself. 

While I'm sure Lana's early image was what drew a lot of us in for her, looking back on her persona then compared to how she is now just makes me appreciate the person she has become. It's not that I suddenly hate or dislike how Lana used to portray herself or think, it's that I am constantly moving forward with Lana, and if she evolves in a positive way, I am happy to live in the present moment with her! :)

I totally agree with you! I also think just growing up a bit added to this; between 2014 and 2015, Lana truly did change a lot. 

Comparing Ultraviolence interviews to Honeymoon interviews, Lana truly seemed to have gained a clearer sense of herself, and I think the panic attacks, hyperawareness of her own mortality, and all the criticism from 2011-2014 really made her reevaluate herself and the choices she was making, not that any of them were negative, I think she just wanted to grow within herself. 

While I'm sure Lana's early image was what drew a lot of us in for her, looking back on her persona then compared to how she is now just makes me appreciate the person she has become. It's not that I suddenly hate or dislike how Lana used to portray herself or think, it's that I am constantly moving forward with Lana, and if she evolves in a positive way, I am happy to live in the present moment with her! :)

THIS!! I always thought that the ''I wish I was dead already''  thing was the drop that filled the glass for Lana, not in terms of ending her career because she obviously perservered and she did it really succesfully, but in terms of self evaluation...like she genuinely tried to find a better version of herself and Honeymoon was the perfect record to do it. She went with her feeling, doing a ''jazz album'' not caring what her label was telling  her because that's what she needed at that time. clarity, calmness, peace of mind...a mental break where she could search that better version of herself and try to strive for it. Honeymoon was the album that made her a more mature person who knows that she can improve if she really wants it and Lust for Life is the album where she's actively striving for that better version of herself by engaging her in more important subjects than her own person, by collabing more, having good intentions and letting them be known, and making her contribution to society even if it's just as small as hoping. 

She's really evolving and it can go only up from here which sounds amazing. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

THIS!! I always thought that the ''I wish I was dead already''  thing was the drop that filled the glass for Lana, not in terms of ending her career because she obviously perservered and she did it really succesfully, but in terms of self evaluation...like she genuinely tried to find a better version of herself and Honeymoon was the perfect record to do it. She went with her feeling, doing a ''jazz album'' not caring what her label was telling  her because that's what she needed at that time. clarity, calmness, peace of mind...a mental break where she could search that better version of herself and try to strive for it. Honeymoon was the album that made her a more mature person who knows that she can improve if she really wants it and Lust for Life is the album where she's actively striving for that better version of herself by engaging her in more important subjects than her own person, by collabing more, having good intentions and letting them be known, and making her contribution to society even if it's just as small as hoping. 

She's really evolving and it can go only up from here which sounds amazing. 

Yes! I know people complain about how the Honeymoon era was so eventless and boring, but I think that was what Lana needed in order to evolve. 

The whole process of making Honeymoon was probably therapeutic - I think the fact that there is no strong narrative throughout each song, and that it really focusses on a feeling, or a vibe, was among the first steps towards Lana's newfound lightness. I think not focussing on such heavy themes of her own life was a way through which she could really make peace with her past and allow herself to move on from what was bringing her down.

I think during the first half of making Lust for Life, Lana was in her ideal, "Yosemite-described"place, but she herself stated that she wasn't fully changed, as she thought she'd be, and that's why there are a few more contemporary songs where she sounds annoyed about her situation - I want to say that around May to June 2017, she wasn't completely evolved, and that's why she made songs like Coachella and Change, because, perhaps, making physical charges in the form of songs  that were about her wanting to change would manifest into a change; it evidently seems to have worked - Lana has never looked happier, and I think she's in the place where she's ready to release Yosemite and move forward with a more positive outlook. 

So sad for me to say this but I'm getting so personally offended / annoyed with the way she's been using playback lately. I know it's not easy to put on a long tour and sing every night, but people are paying for expensive tickets to hear her sing.

In my opinion, she's been serving the worst vocals lately. I'm not even watching the whole concerts like before because much of the setlist is her singing some high notes over playback. I'm really disappointed.

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

So sad for me to say this but I'm getting so personally offended / annoyed with the way she's been using playback lately. I know it's not easy to put on a long tour and sing every night, but people are paying for expensive tickets to hear her sing.

In my opinion, she's been serving the worst vocals lately. I'm not even watching the whole concerts like before because much of the setlist is her singing some high notes over playback. I'm really disappointed.

Ugh yes she’s barely even signing Cherry anymore and she really seems to enjoy performing that one. Not to mention other artists usually do shows back to back and she has a day or two in between shows so her voice should be fine. Watching the videos suck but seeing it live I don’t really notice it as much. I guess we know we stan :pft:

Ugh yes she’s barely even signing Cherry anymore and she really seems to enjoy performing that one. Not to mention other artists usually do shows back to back and she has a day or two in between shows so her voice should be fine. Watching the videos suck but seeing it live I don’t really notice it as much. I guess we know we stan :pft:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll love the concert when I get to see her live in March because of the whole performance, seeing her dancing, singing together etc but...  :um3:

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif