Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I've never listened to a remix of LDR apart from one time, and I refuse to.

The only time I did, I had to endure the VG remix that came with the album, and believe me - it was SO awful that I deleted it after 10 seconds of listening.

Never again. :wat:

I'm a fucking flaw free fan apart from...

1. i have never watched summertime sadness, and i have no intention of watching it.

2. i have never heard any of her remixes, and i have no intention too.

3. i do not own a physical copy of her records...but i'm gunna buy the BTD: PE soon!

...okay i'm not that flaw free... :what:

black-forest-cake.jpg

Hello :creep:

this cake is amazing, black forest gateau *dribbling..*

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

I love none of the PE edition song. They're just okay to me, the work on the lyrics is lazy.

PS: I love Ride.

That's exactly what I thought too. I kind of got into them now and I like most of them (except Gods&Monsters) but my initial impression of the lyrics was quite poor.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

That's exactly what I thought too. I kind of got into them now and I like most of them (except Gods&Monsters) but my initial impression of the lyrics was quite poor.

The album is growing on me, I sing-a-long to the tracks of course. But I don't find the lyrics anything great either. I feel like such a party pooper since other people say, "The album is perfect" "The album is amazing" etc. But I think it's a somewhat-weak album. Cola I love, but the vocals sound odd, it sounds like they were recorded in her bathroom on garageband. Gods & Monsters had a lot of potential until basically a minute in, then it became such a mess in my opinion. It built up to nothing, and as it went on and on the lyrics became lazier and more forced in my opinion. American, I'd excuse the simple lyrics if the song was catchy, but it isn't for me, at all. I think the problem with a lot of the songs on the album is they seem to forced to me. I love the instrumental for American though, it's really lovely. Yayo is good. Yayo is a strong song overall, no matter which version you listen to. I've never been a fan of Ride either. I love that recent live performance she did of it though. Overall, It's certainly not a favorite album of mine out of Lana's work. I really hope this doesn't foreshadow Lana's future work. I really hope her next album will be more like BTD or AKA. Of course other people will have different views, and that's their views - everybody's tastes differ - this album though is not the cherry on top of Born to Die sundae in my opinion, or the whipped cream, or the sprinkles.

I get that from a more literary stand point that the lyrics aren't particularly eloquent but like with a lot of spoken word poetry, it has a lot to do with delivery. Like in Cola "I pledge allegiance to to Dad, for teaching me everything he knows" I choked up really hard. And you know it probably has a lot to do with the fact I come from a family of women with insane daddy issues but at the same time maybe not. Also in American "Springsteen is the king don't you think? I was like, "hell yeah that guy can sing."" That just sounds like a conversation I would have to be honest. The lyrics are very casual and in that sense I find them very intimate. But then again this could just be me projecting all over the place.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Also in American "Springsteen in the king don't you think? I was like, "hell yeah that guy can sing."" That just sounds like a conversation I would have to be honest. The lyrics are very casual and in that sense I find them very intimate. But then again this could just be me projecting all over the place.

I completely agree with this! They are simple lyrics, but they feel so personal. I love them.

14417469274.gif

Just as critics are attaching themselves to "my pussy tastes like Pepsi cola", fans are attaching themselves to those Elvis and Springsteen lyrics. She obviously wasn't intending genius with those lines. The delivery is where it's at. Sunrise, sunset.

I get that from a more literary stand point that the lyrics aren't particularly eloquent but like with a lot of spoken word poetry, it has a lot to do with delivery. Like in Cola "I pledge allegiance to to Dad, for teaching me everything he knows" I choked up really hard. And you know it probably has a lot to do with the fact I come from a family of women with insane daddy issues but at the same time maybe not. Also in American "Springsteen is the king don't you think? I was like, "hell yeah that guy can sing."" That just sounds like a conversation I would have to be honest. The lyrics are very casual and in that sense I find them very intimate. But then again this could just be me projecting all over the place.

I actually quite like those! I always liked when she has conversation-like lyrics in her songs, like in Every Man Gets (Has?) His Wish or Trash.(And while I can't relate at all to the dad quote in Cola, I think it's one of the most eloquent in that song) I just think the songs lack substance in a way. Half of American is 'Like ooh, ooh, whoa, ooh, ooh Ooh, ooh, whoa, ooh, ah'. And she's not going very far with it, lyrically - I think the song is good, has a bit of an old-Lana vibe, but not the personality those songs had.

Cola's fine actually. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me a lot - no lyrical genius again, but it's so fun it wouldn't really work to get too complicated.

But really, do I think Paradise has some lazy lyrics? Yea, pretty much. Does it stop me from enjoying it? Nope with one exception

You guys, don't kill me, but it actually really bothers me when she belts out Million Dollar Man live. It doesn't work for her voice and it doesn't sound good to me at all. Phew, it feels good to let that out.

I respect your opinion but you basically just took my beating heart, poured gasoline all over it, lit it on fire, and then urinated on it.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I actually dreamt about her one night. I met Lana at a restaurant (in the dream ofc). I walked timidly towards her and asked her if I could get a hug, but she just stared at me and said no, because I didn't have awesome nails like her. Then she walked away and left me there to pay for her food :defeated: I hope Lana is nicer IRL :aw:

1olt2g.jpg

I actually dreamt about her one night. I met Lana at a restaurant (in the dream ofc). I walked timidly towards her and asked her if I could get a hug, but she just stared at me and said no, because I didn't have awesome nails like her. Then she walked away and left me there to pay for her food :defeated: I hope Lana is nicer IRL :aw:

omg i had my first dream about her and she was mean to me too!! I was in a meet and greet line for kassidy (idk why i haven't even listened to one song) and she was sitting next to barrie and wouldn't let him sign my cd lol

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I can't recall having any dreams about Lana tbh. :uh:

I've probably had some, but only my weirdest dreams stand out to me. Most of them are really weird, but some of them just get really ridiculous. Ugh, I love dreams. They're so interesting. Why don't we have a thread about this?!? smh flopforum

14417469274.gif

I can't recall having any dreams about Lana tbh. :uh:

I've probably had some, but only my weirdest dreams stand out to me. Most of them are really weird, but some of them just get really ridiculous. Ugh, I love dreams. They're so interesting. Why don't we have a thread about this?!? smh flopforum

Well make one :creep: (although my dreams are mostly retarded and I don't sleep enough to enjoy them fully if they're good)

Not to be completely off-topic, I almost used the opening line from Cola last week :creep: in context (but then I thought let's not ruin the moment, he never heard Lana's music)