Mileena

Kerli

8 hours ago, lovemooch said:

Utopia was robbed.. what an album it could’ve been

It aged badly imo, the sound is dated af

I believe SW is more timeless 

I just want her so badly to go full pop rock

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On 2/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, EXODUS said:

It aged badly imo, the sound is dated af

I believe SW is more timeless 

I just want her so badly to go full pop rock

Yeah, I still love most of Utopia (full-album) but it def sounds dated. A pop rock album would be awesome at this point, but I highly doubt it'll happen :defeated: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

To be honest, I was so psyched for her "second" studio album with Feral Hearts, Blossom and Diamond Hard and then Shadow Works was released instead and felt like a slap to the face.

It felt like she went from some of her best work ever to a subpar project :(

j14CYJi.png

8 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

To be honest, I was so psyched for her "second" studio album with Feral Hearts, Blossom and Diamond Hard and then Shadow Works was released instead and felt like a slap to the face.

Not that slander for Shadow Works ma'am :sadcore:

Right, Roots was going to be an unbelievable body of work and possibly a career highlight, but I don't think we lost with Shadow Works. It's my favourite album of 2019 (along with NFR!) and I really like the themes and vibes she transmitted with the record.

That said, I think it's likely that she could get around a concept similar to Roots now that she says she's been revisiting her roots and connecting with her origins and stuff - which I find inspirational. Hopefully we'll get a Roots 2.0 for her next project which I hope is not 8 years apart :eek3:

1 hour ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Same. It felt like she finally found her footing and sound only for her to go back and make a dark version of utopia.

自由になる自由がある

I wonder why she didn't release the rest of the Roots songs. 

I'm afraid it will take her at least 2 more years for a release 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I wonder why she didn't release the rest of the Roots songs. 

I'm afraid it will take her at least 2 more years for a release 

As long as it's not another 11-year wait for a full-length :defeated: I think she could do well releasing a 6-track EP every 18-20 months. I'd be happy - even if I prefer albums over EPs.

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

As long as it's not another 11-year wait for a full-length :defeated: I think she could do well releasing a 6-track EP every 18-20 months. I'd be happy - even if I prefer albums over EPs.

I believe some artists function better releasing EPs rather than full albums, like Florrie, she has a 10 years career and she has not a single album, just 4 ep's and a bunch of singles. But at least she release music regularly... comparing her to Sky Ferreira which has the same career lenght and just an album + 2 EPs and hasnt'r release something in 8 years, well, I prefer Florrie's work ethic.

Bulletproof and Heal are still SO good

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm not opposite to that either, but Kerli is inconsistent af. SW came out 2 full years ago and it was dead on arrival cause she and her manager didn't move a single finger to promote it or generate more content related to it. And there's no sign of anything new coming on the near future either.

自由になる自由がある

1 hour ago, EXODUS said:

I believe some artists function better releasing EPs rather than full albums, like Florrie, she has a 10 years career and she has not a single album, just 4 ep's and a bunch of singles. But at least she release music regularly... comparing her to Sky Ferreira which has the same career lenght and just an album + 2 EPs and hasnt'r release something in 8 years, well, I prefer Florrie's work ethic.

+ Florrie is apparently going to release around 9-10 singles this year, from which we already have 2. I guess in December I'll join them together as an album and call it a day :hype: 

I guess I'd like something like this by Kerli, but as @konnichiwalski said, she is inconsistent. Fingers crossed for that to change this year :ohno:

Well she teased something in her InstaStories, so is something coming?

I hope it's not a feature tho :toofunny: 

The snippet goes like "be on my own, oooh" or something like that. She is working with someone named Kaarel Tamra. I hope it's her song, not his :dua: 

8 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Well she teased something in her InstaStories, so is something coming?

I hope it's not a feature tho :toofunny: 

The snippet goes like "be on my own, oooh" or something like that. She is working with someone named Kaarel Tamra. I hope it's her song, not his :dua: 

Yeah, something must be coming soon and it's definetly not a feature. She also posted she is working with Natalie Shau who did the Love is Dead and Utopia covers.

自由になる自由がある

6 minutes ago, konnichiwalski said:

someone is teasing an old song on dbree, does anyone have more info on it?

I mean, besides the obviousness of it belonging to the Weapons of Mass Creation project (judging by the bubblegum-EDM production which is also present in other known songs as Bullet, Army of Love, Blow the Speakers Up or the title track), I don't think we even know about the title of this. I wonder where did this come from - as I thought we already had all the songs from those sessions.