Favourite Lana Instrumentals

art deco, west coast, black beauty, shades of cool, venice bitch, and grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep sea fishing

these are the first ones that come to mind

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

def 24, freak, hawaiian tropic, body electric and shades of cool

also the random male background vocals in this is what makes us girls' instrumental are catchy af :smile3:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

wolf (demo)
lolita
i talk to jesus (alt version)
west coast
a&w
judah interlude 
all of aka tbh
sad girl
flipside
if you lie down with me (especially the end!!)
thunder (bb version)
florida kilos
summer wine
velvet crowbar
jfk 

cinnamon girl (almost forgot this bitch :w8ing:)

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Honeymoon

Florida kilos 

Born to die 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

Those that I listen to just as much as the actual songs:

- West Coast (Rob Orton mix)

- Ultraviolence (I especially like the TV mix)

- High By The Beach

- Shades of Cool

- Born To Die

- Blue Jeans (the music video instrumental)

- Chemtrails over the country club

- Gods and Monsters

- Doin Time

I love listening to instrumentals even though I can't recognize any instrument so bear with me, musicians. :slayty: 

Off To The Races: absolutely iconic, I love the chants at the beginning, the weird hauting sound at the end of the verses, the frantic chorus and those strings during the bridge. Plus, the moment the pre-chorus kicks in is just *chef's kiss*. 

24: I just live for those trumpets or whatever it is (French horns?). Such a slow but dramatic song. The build-up towards the end is to die for.

Ultraviolence: it's probably the instrumental I listened to the most. It's quite empty during the verses without the vocals but the chorus and the bridge are so intricate and mesmerizing... I might be crazy but the instrumental also gives off a very different vibe, almost more hopeful?

Music To Watch Boys To: I'm just soooo in love with the melody of the flute. I think it's the song that started my obsession with instrumentals, I just wanted to listen to it over and over again. I feel like it's one of Lana's richest instrumentals because of the flute, the strings, the synth, the piano, the drums... And I mean, you can hear it all? Just incredible. 

13 Beaches: for me, it's the song that blends the best orchestral sound and trap beats or whatever. I don't know how to describe them but the little sci-fi alienish weird sounds are so cool and really adds something peculiar, almost suffocating and ill-omened to the vibe of the song. I kinda have the same hauting feeling during Heroin's chorus.