Recently I’ve watched a few queer films and I’m hoping to have time for more soon :)

A Million Happy Nows - Super beautiful and poignant lesbian film but have the tissues ready :defeated:

Beginners - It’s been a while since I saw it, but I thought this one was really sweet :crai:

Oy Vey, My Son is Gay - This one wasn’t amazing but it had some really nice heartfelt moments + Jewish representation

I picked up about 5 other queer films from my library’s Pride Month display so I will update after I’ve seen more :kiss3:

Saturday Church was amazing! It has a few cast and crew members in common with the show Pose. The singing/musical scenes were kind of awkward, but it was a really beautiful story.

Ideal Home was decent. It didn’t hit the mark for me in any notable way, but it was a little bit funny and overall a nice story.

Editing this to add more films:

Blackbird was a really good idea, but it tried to do too much and just turned out messy by the ending. Also the love interest was not my taste at all :eek: But that “You Suck” song was so cute

The Danish Girl was really well-made and I appreciated Eddie Redmayne’s acting even though he’s not actually trans himself. This movie did a great job of fleshing out both Lili and Gerda, and they were both great characters.

Monster Pies was better than I expected. Even though it was extremely white, it was a sad but refreshing take on the typical gay teenager story.

I'd like some movie suggestions that WILL make me cry. I already watched 'your name engraved herein', 'brokeback mountain', 'holding the man', 'call me by ur name'..... :bebe:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

On 3/22/2022 at 7:17 AM, Paris Hilton said:

I'd like some movie suggestions that WILL make me cry. I already watched 'your name engraved herein', 'brokeback mountain', 'holding the man', 'call me by ur name'..... :bebe:

Blue Is The Warmest Color tore my soul into a million pieces :byeh8rs2:

Paris is Burning

I Don't Wanna Be A Boy (I have a YouTube link to that)

Mirror, Mirror: Limitation of Life (I have a YouTube link to that)

The Normal Heart

giphy.gif

On 3/21/2022 at 4:17 PM, Paris Hilton said:

i loved YNEH :bebe:

these are series, but

this is one of my favs https://www.viki.com/tv/36410c-history-3-trapped

and this one was really fucking good but the ending was completely out of nowhere and made me and many viewers angry https://www.viki.com/tv/36748c-history-3-make-our-days-count

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

i loved YNEH :bebe:

these are series, but

this is one of my favs https://www.viki.com/tv/36410c-history-3-trapped

and this one was really fucking good but the ending was completely out of nowhere and made me and many viewers angry https://www.viki.com/tv/36748c-history-3-make-our-days-count

YNEH was soooo good. I'll defoo bookmark these. Ty!

On 6/11/2022 at 2:22 AM, Coney Island King said:

Blue Is The Warmest Color tore my soul into a million pieces :byeh8rs2:

I have seen posters of this movie and it never caught my attention. If it tears souls then I'll watch it for sure. Tyyyy 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."