Honeybear

Twin Peaks

Twin Peaks is a cult TV show created by David Lynch and Mark Frost that aired during the 90s. It is set in the eponymous fictional town and revovles around the investigation into Laura Palmer's murder, a seemingly innocent teenage girl who everybody loves but is later revealed to have been invovled with drugs and prostitution. Though very melodramatic, Twin Peaks is known for its surrealistic atmosphere and often disturbing scenes. Fire Walk with Me, the feature-length continuation of the show, has a completely different tone compared to it, being more unsettling, devoid of any similarities to soap operas, and portrays the final week of Laura's life.

I recently watched this series and was quite arrested, and considering that there is a new season coming this year, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread wherein to discuss it. Also, I am curious to hear - do you prefer the TV series or the film? 

P.S. I cannot begin to describe how the title sequence makes me feel.

I love Twin Peaks so much, I first started watching it in summer 2011 and I've rewatched all the episodes countless times since then... the great thing about this show is that it offers so much, there's good music, beautiful scenery, dreamy atmosphere, great characters and amazing storyline. Every time I watch it I find a new way to interpret the show. Can't wait for the new season, I'm sure it's going to be something absolutely out of this world :flutter:

I absolutely adore it and the whole vibe but I'm an absolute pu$$y and I can't watch scary things and I didn't had the strength to finish season 2 :cuteface: I was depressed last spring and bingewatched it all in a week, sweet memories. Btw Floating Into The Night is actually one of my favourite albums of all time but this is definitely my favourite musical piece from the show:

ZKcaooE.png

Firewalk with me was actually a later movie, that was a prequel to the rest of it

and the continuation was announced exactly (as planned) 25 years after (it was no coincidence it is returning, though originally it was going to be on in 2016

David Lynch is directing the entire continuation (the # of episodes is still not known(at least 10 to 18)

One of the greatest tv events of all time (though the 1st season stands far above the first part of the 2nd, though the end of the 2nd was again directed by Lynch himself

(it was never supposed to be a second season).

Almost all the original cast is back (obviously David Bowie won't be, and for some reason odd-ball Michael Onktean seems to not be involved, basically seems

he isn't doing much (retired???) living in Hawaii with his wife (anyone remember from the 1970s Jamie Smith Jackson (she played Alice in "go ask alice" a movie that was based on the song and hasn't acted since the 1980s

She and Glynnis O'Connor might have been the two biggest teen/20s actresses that were not superstars in the 1970s

btw- David Lynch is THE artiste' director. Quentin Tarentino can't lick his boots (but wishes he could),  but stole so much from him.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I looooove Fire Walk With Me, it is far too underrated, but I only came to it after watching more of his movies and getting used to the style he uses in those

My Laura Palmer in a body bag poster is staring at me as I type :flutter:

May 21 on Showtime first two hours

then the next two episodes available to watch in the normal places

followed by one a week

18 hours total

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp