Carmen

Twitter Updates

On 1/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, SweetHenny said:

Next era the only magazine covers she'll be serving will be on Poland crosswords I see:ma:

A crucial merch item

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

omg i just want to give her a hug :krylie:

Same! She needs a heart to heart! Like damn sis. I can FEEL the message she's trying to show. 

I truly hope she has someone close to her that will hold her and keep her safe. Xxx

"I was asked directly political questions for over 40 minutes" ...girl...you literally were not, Annie Mac tried to get you to stop talking politics multiple times :toofunny:

But anyway, I'm glad she got off Twitter and directly address this on IG. I hope she has a good support system around her.

Also please tell me I'm not the only one who was trying to creep in on her messy bedroom the entire time she was talking

giphy-1.gif 

I'm sorry I just can't follow her down that road. Even if, say, the press had not "misunderstood" her comments, it's still absolutely wild and tone deaf to think that the issue with Trump is "narcissism" - and not that he's heading a proto-fascist movement that will soon exist without him, as he's clearly over. This IS the issue, people actually listened to her & they happen to disagree for very obvious reasons. Good intentions don't mean much. Nobody asked her to comment and as a wealthy, educated person... In these moments... You can't just say that publicly, and then act all delulu that people attack you for it because they're "jealous". All this talk about being the person bringing this to the table, the girl that has no issue with diversity etc... This talk of narcissism and sociopathy when she's visibly unable to reflect on exterior insights over her words ; this delusion of being this mental health innovator... You can't speak on narcissism and you yourself behave that way, it's uncanny and contradictory.

In 2018-2019, with all the acclaim for the songs and the record, the thoughtful interviews, the critic praise... I thought she'd come a long way, that she was maybe building a legend for her name, that as people welcomed her artistry in their hearts she was stripping herself of a whole array of shenanigans she's been sporting for years. An irreversible milestone in her career. But in fact, it seems that it both spurred more bitterness in herself, bitterness over the lack of critical recognition for years ; and also comforted her in the idea that she's this great Rockwellian mind reader, intellectual figure. It's atrocious. 

7 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

"I was asked directly political questions for over 40 minutes" ...girl...you literally were not, Annie Mac tried to get you to stop talking politics multiple times :toofunny:

EYE why did she say this.. she's going to get blacklisted by the BBC if Annie gets mad at her :toofunny:

eye they literally helped your career immensely in the past and were the first station putting ur debut single in heavy rotation 

i76mrxw.png 

13 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

But anyway, I'm glad she got off Twitter and directly address this on IG. I hope she has a good support system around her.

Also please tell me I'm not the only one who was trying to creep in on her messy bedroom the entire time she was talking

the support system in question: takeitdoen

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Honestly I understand that particular point that she talked about in her twitter video. However, she should know that the media and other people who just don't like her are always going to pick apart her words and misunderstand her even when she means well. I wish she would just let it be and stop defending herself so much.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Even if she got a PR person it doesn't change the fact that this is what she's actually thinking at the end of the day, to the people who are so bothered by it... They'd just rather be ignorant to it. I'd rather hear what she thinks and has to say and I admire her candor even if it rubs people the wrong way. It's very lame that celebrities are expected to shut up or make inauthentic statements about things to appease the majority. Even if she was a complete piece of shit (she isn't), I'd rather know...

As for burning bridges, she clearly doesn't care so why should anyone else? I agree that as a public figure it's probably not best for your mental health to read and respond to every single thing said about you, but she should be allowed to defend herself especially when media publications are taking her words out of context and I don't think that should necessarily be attributed to her being unwell eitehr. She may very well be for all we know, but we don't know

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

Her most recent tweet -

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

Her most recent tweet -

I am on my knees please tell me she's not trying to connect her current situation to the Capitol riots

I may be wrong and just be hung up on the use of the word "incite" but PLEASE

Wq9zHLl.jpg

All of us right now:

Spoiler

but seriously let’s just send her good vibes. she came to this place bc of all the criticism, let’s not add to it. I wish she would just stop googling herself or whatever. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 hour ago, orpheline said:

Even if she got a PR person it doesn't change the fact that this is what she's actually thinking at the end of the day, to the people who are so bothered by it... They'd just rather be ignorant to it. I'd rather hear what she thinks and has to say and I admire her candor even if it rubs people the wrong way. It's very lame that celebrities are expected to shut up or make inauthentic statements about things to appease the majority. Even if she was a complete piece of shit (she isn't), I'd rather know...

The entire fandom and people on here today have said that her points are alright most often it's just that she brings them across terribly. Not all of her points are great, some are very insensitive, but sometimes her point is very inoffensive but worded terribly and make people confused about her statements. Her point about the press twisting words is legit, the way she went on about it was very messy and half of it unnecessary. Her point about being wrongfully questioned and heavily criticised during her early years is valid, the way she went on about it terrible. 

Someone telling her saying X is bad because it evokes this or that or makes it seem like you have X intention would maybe also be a start to her realising how insensitive and detached from the world she sounds sometimes.

i76mrxw.png