Carmen

Twitter Updates

6 hours ago, Lentilus said:

Idk who you are but your profile pic is fire. :cumming2:

Thank you; I’m glad my 4th Tropical Red Bull speaks to you.

source.gif

Okay so like...I stand by what she said on her recent Insta video and I'm proud of her for setting lots of things straight...but one thing really irks me

Did she really say she struggled growing up or am I hearing things? Like her family are still pretty well-to-do if you know what I mean

tenor.gif?itemid=7712024

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Okay so like...I stand by what she said on her recent Insta video and I'm proud of her for setting lots of things straight...but one thing really irks me

Did she really say she struggled growing up or am I hearing things? Like her family are still pretty well-to-do if you know what I mean

tenor.gif?itemid=7712024

She has never struggled a day of her life shelter or food-wise. Her father was and is rich. Her mom also comes from money. They use to take private planes to go to Disney Land for goodness sake. Maybe she "struggled" in the music business but in life, she's never gone hungry not even in her trailer days. She needs to stop before someone starts exposing her like they did with "Hilaria" (yo soy de Mallorca) from Spain. lol

:thumb3:

5 hours ago, partymonster said:

i don't agree with lana's points but i still feel bad for her look at these alt-right accs who believe in shite like 'the great replacement' coming to praise and defend her :awkney: not a good look

:what::gurl:

"her extremely difficult upbringing"...

Shut the fuck up Lauren. Lana didn't grow up in the ghetto for fucks sake. 

:shh2:

16 hours ago, Be Free said:

"You're jealous I get it" just seeing her other tweets. She went offfffffffffff

That's the megalomaniac side of Lana. Telling magazine and press sites that they are jealous of her....:facepalm: Ben and her management team should all be fired. Why does she have them on her payroll if they do nothing for her? Then again she's extremely difficult and stubborn. Ben can only do so much when his client is a hardheaded singer who refuses to take advice or shut the fuck up. Look how she treats her own mother. That's says a lot. If Ben and Ed had any integrity, they would quit managing Lana. Instead they take Lana's money and stand by watching as she keeps doubling down, spewing nonsensical rants and picking ugly album covers. Just sad.

2 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She has never struggled a day of her life shelter or food-wise. Her father was and is rich. Her mom also comes from money. They use to take private planes to go to Disney Land for goodness sake. Maybe she "struggled" in the music business but in life, she's never gone hungry not even in her trailer days. She needs to stop before someone starts exposing her like they did with "Hilaria" (yo soy de Mallorca) from Spain. lol

:thumb3:

Editing out my reply bc I don't want ppl coming for me (but I agree w you)

29 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Look how she treats her own mother. That's says a lot. 

Can you shut the fuck up about her mother when you don't even know what happened 

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7712024

yeah i was confused too. i mean i can understand "struggles" in terms of trauma and bad family relationships, but then she said "we had nothing"....????? idk if people who live in lake placid, can afford pro figure skating classes and boarding school have "nothing" but what do i know

Can people stop pretending that they're experts on Lana's upbringing? We don't really know much about her childhood, but we do know she had a heavy drinking problem very young and they sent her away to boarding school. Even if her parents had money, her relationship with them may have been bad enough that she didn't feel supported and felt a very real struggle for herself. I have no idea, and neither does anyone. She's not saying that they were homeless or starving, and I don't think she's lying but rather expressing her perception of that time. She feels like they had nothing, and instead of telling her she's wrong about her own life, maybe respect her own experiences. We also don't know the circumstances around why she was living in a trailer park. I've seen people say it was for fun or aesthetic which is just a ridiculous thing to say. Maybe her parents kicked her out and cut her off and she really was on her own with no option of financial security to fall back on. It's just wild to me how much people try to control Lana's own narrative of her life.

Remember how Paris Hilton said she suffered a lot of abuse at her boarding school. She made a documentary about it too. Rich kids are sent to these type of schools to rectify their behavioural issues. But some schools have been abusing these kids in horrifying ways upon which Paris Hilton has now started to shed light as she doesn't want anyone to undergo what she has gone through. 

I get the feeling even Lana has undergone the same at her boarding school. Regarding her grudge against her mother. I think she only forced her to go to the boarding school like Paris Hilton's mother. Paris Hilton was sent as she was starting to act out and was a rebellious teen. The upper class society are supposed to behave all prim and proper. Paris Hilton's family had even threatened to disown her. That is why Paris created this "dumb blonde" persona and built an empire around it, so she wouldn't ever have to depend on her family's wealth in the event they actually disowned her. This is what Lana has tried to convey about her difficult upbringing. Money is not everything. The physical and emotional traumas she must have suffered can never be healed and no amount of money in the world can bring peace to a soul that has been traumatized beyond belief. This is why Lana created her own separate world of Art in which she lives so as to escape the demons of her real life. 
See James Franco comment about her : 

Lana lives in her art, and when she comes down to earth for interviews, it gets messy, because she isn’t made for this earth. She is made to live in the world she creates. She is one who has been so disappointed by life, she had to create her own world. Just let her live in it.

Do not judge a person based on external wealth alone. Because you never know the price they had to pay to be worthy of that wealth. 

34 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Can people stop pretending that they're experts on Lana's upbringing? We don't really know much about her childhood, but we do know she had a heavy drinking problem very young and they sent her away to boarding school. Even if her parents had money, her relationship with them may have been bad enough that she didn't feel supported and felt a very real struggle for herself. I have no idea, and neither does anyone. She's not saying that they were homeless or starving, and I don't think she's lying but rather expressing her perception of that time. She feels like they had nothing, and instead of telling her she's wrong about her own life, maybe respect her own experiences. We also don't know the circumstances around why she was living in a trailer park. I've seen people say it was for fun or aesthetic which is just a ridiculous thing to say. Maybe her parents kicked her out and cut her off and she really was on her own with no option of financial security to fall back on. It's just wild to me how much people try to control Lana's own narrative of her life.

nvm I'm too tired to argue

6 minutes ago, DCooper said:

sorry but saying you "had nothing" immediately makes me (and the vast majority of people) assume you're talking about money related issues, and as far as we know that's not true. i'm not gonna speak on her other childhood issues like her relationship with her parents because i truly know nothing about that, but i'm speaking about what lana has told us herself... boarding school and pro figure skating isn't cheap lol. anyways.  

My point is that I don't think she's being emotionally inaccurate but rather expressing her perception of that time in her life, which we know very little about. She's not sitting there thinking "today I'll lie about the money we had when I was young." For whatever reason, Lana looks back on her childhood and feels struggle and sadness, and that's her business, not ours, so for people to act like experts on it is frustrating. Anyways, I don't care to argue about whether or not Lana's family had a hard time, I just think people should start respecting her as a human being a little bit more and stop invalidating everything she says about her own experiences.

Re: her family's financial situation. All I have to say is that, in my experience, rich people often do not think that they are rich because they've never known what it's like to have less. So it may be that she compares what her family had growing up to what she has now, and comparatively speaking, they were poor because it'd be like (for example) .. $2m compared to the $50m or so she has now. So I don't think she's lying so much as her privilege means that she has no real perspective of what it means to be poor. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

a lot of people's circumstances can change. we don't know the history of her relationship with her parents. i think a lot of people presume that because lana sings about how she admires her parents or is seen with them a lot that she has a good relationship with them, which we now know is false with Patti.

i mean, i've literally had people indirectly make comments about me on this site (probably because of my lana collecting) presuming that i'm rich or this or that but actually, i'm not. there were times in my childhood where we were particularly poor and my parents just kind of hid it from us. there were a lot of things i didn't question as a kid and i only realised when i was a teen/adult that made me realise things weren't actually great. but, i mean, if you looked at my family NOW you would think everything was all right. my mother now owns her house, i've almost finished my university degree and moved out, we're a little but more stable even if we're not rich. and most importantly i support myself as an adult and can afford my own things.

everyone situation is different. it wouldn't surprised me if post-living with her parents she really was struggling. $10,000 isn't a lot to eat, sleep and make an album on, especially if she worked over multiple months. you guys really need to stop judging people for talking about times in their life where they may have struggled just because you feel like you can't "see it".

22 minutes ago, electra said:

a lot of people's circumstances can change. we don't know the history of her relationship with her parents. i think a lot of people presume that because lana sings about how she admires her parents or is seen with them a lot that she has a good relationship with them, which we now know is false with Patti.

i mean, i've literally had people indirectly make comments about me on this site (probably because of my lana collecting) presuming that i'm rich or this or that but actually, i'm not. there were times in my childhood where we were particularly poor and my parents just kind of hid it from us. there were a lot of things i didn't question as a kid and i only realised when i was a teen/adult that made me realise things weren't actually great. but, i mean, if you looked at my family NOW you would think everything was all right. my mother now owns her house, i've almost finished my university degree and moved out, we're a little but more stable even if we're not rich. and most importantly i support myself as an adult and can afford my own things.

everyone situation is different. it wouldn't surprised me if post-living with her parents she really was struggling. $10,000 isn't a lot to eat, sleep and make an album on, especially if she worked over multiple months. you guys really need to stop judging people for talking about times in their life where they may have struggled just because you feel like you can't "see it".

thank you for pointing this out. my first thought when she said her family was struggling when she grew up was "uhm no you didn't struggle!?!"

but then i realised that i can't possibly know everything about lana's life. even though we love being detectives and finding it "all" out - we will never get the full picture. now, i know that lana is a special case because we caught her lying before, even about little things like her birth year, and that's why we no longer fully trust her (not only when it comes to release dates lol). we've learned to take everything she shares with us with a grain of salt.

we do have a lot of information about her life before becoming famous. however, hearing her talk about it in a way that doesn't fit the narrative that we consider true doesn't give us the right to say she's lying per se tho. 

Lana didn’t have a tough upbringing become she was poor. Her Dad was super rich and still is. She got sent to boarding school and CHOOSE to not use daddy’s money and make it on her own, living in trailer park, waitressing and paying her own debts!  So even though she IS from a wealthy background she worked her way up in an organic way. So she deserves CREDIT.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance