Carmen

Twitter Updates

I just really want her to follow me so I can tell everyone we're bffs. Her and me and 950 other people.

I sent her some fanmail over seas but I'll never know if she read it.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Don't get me started on how frustrated I am over Lana not tweeting and NOT FUCKING FOLLOWING ME.

I've been humiliating myself tweeting her for almost 2 years and SHE JUST DOESN'T CARE.

Seriously, I know she knows who I am...she just chooses to ignore me 'cause she likes the attention  :smokes:

Y73CfAP.png

I like the documentary with Eartha Kitt. It´s really a big question whether or not to compromise in relationship. You may lose something of yourself when you compromise but if you dont - there might be no relational evolution  with influencing each other...

More general question which goes hand in hand with this is whether to try to be perfect human and  get rid of any bad habit of yours or to fully accept  yourself with all your imperfections ? 

I admire Eartha how strong and stubborn person she was but on the other hand she surely knew the price of her attitude with a lot of wrecked relationships. After all  I still see her being happy in life, she was what  she was and she knew it and didnt try to change it.

Hey, she changed her twitter bio. In the past it's been Without You and Body Electric lyrics, prior to either of these songs premiering but now it's just "American Poet. Angel Headed Hipster." (I'm sure y'all have some thoughts on that.)

Hey, she changed her twitter bio. In the past it's been Without You and Body Electric lyrics, prior to either of these songs premiering but now it's just "American Poet. Angel Headed Hipster." (I'm sure y'all have some thoughts on that.)

Excuse my 'English is my 2nd language' but what's Angel Headed Hipster supposed to mean? A hipster with an angel head? A hipster headed by angels? An angel giving head to a hipster?  :creep:

american poet is what lots of ppl call jim morrison (see jim morrison merch shirts) and i guess she sees herself as that too and the angel headed hipster is part of the frequently quoted opening line of howl:

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,

Angel-headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection

to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Also, hipster in the original sense of the word, not *ahem* the current one. Which should be pretty obvious since she's quoting Ginsberg and has frequently said she identifies with Beat Generation poets.

The hipster adopted the lifestyle of the jazz musician, including some or all of the following: dress, slang, use of cannabis and other drugs, relaxed attitude, sarcastic humor, self-imposed poverty and relaxed sexual codes.

Remind of you anyone? :smokes:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Lana makes me want to have studied more @ uni about the American culture and literature etc. I always thought it was not interesting enough for me, well, Lana changed my mind, I guess :D

Lana makes me want to have studied more @ uni about the American culture and literature etc. I always thought it was not interesting enough for me, well, Lana changed my mind, I guess :D

So there IS American culture after all :hdu: ...ever since that random debate I had my doubts  :icant:

So there IS American culture after all :hdu: ...ever since that random debate I had my doubts  :icant:

Which debate are you talking about? Well, I actually took a subject @ uni called exactly ''American Culture'', starting from settlers and so on. However, I kind of only did that coz I prefered the professor we got and coz my friends were there. So that's how I ended up there. Otherwise I would have definitely chosen to study British culture, that's just a preferance. Anyways, I always see America as this big 'boiling pot', because there are people from different races and so many different cultures combined. And when I thought of 'American culture' the only things that came into my mind were 'fast-food' and 'baseball + American Football' and that's pretty much it. Very stereotypical of me, no offence intended. Well, yes, America is confusing. But the good thing is that I got to know about many things concerning America I didn't know before, some American writers, that is actually quite interesting, all those literary movements, ideas etc.

Which debate are you talking about? Well, I actually took a subject @ uni called exactly ''American Culture'', starting from settlers and so on. However, I kind of only did that coz I prefered the professor we got and coz my friends were there. So that's how I ended up there. Otherwise I would have definitely chosen to study British culture, that's just a preferance. Anyways, I always see America as this big 'boiling pot', because there are people from different races and so many different cultures combined. And when I thought of 'American culture' the only things that came into my mind were 'fast-food' and 'baseball + American Football' and that's pretty much it. Very stereotypical of me, no offence intended. Well, yes, America is confusing. But the good thing is that I got to know about many things concerning America I didn't know before, some American writers, that is actually quite interesting, all those literary movements, ideas etc.

It was on the thread about Lana shooting Tropico, someone wrote: America has no culture, and then there was a long sad discussion about it with lots of explanations and reasons and stuff like that.

You would have done well with the British Culture tho, it's more fun because they had all those colonies :creep:

It was on the thread about Lana shooting Tropico, someone wrote: America has no culture, and then there was a long sad discussion about it with lots of explanations and reasons and stuff like that.

You would have done well with the British Culture tho, it's more fun because they had all those colonies :creep:

Well, they incorporated a bit of British into the course as well :) Of course, people will always have different opinions about things and when it comes to America, it is always a great source for the discussion. By the way, if I can ask, what do you think about the subject?

Well, they incorporated a bit of British into the course as well :) Of course, people will always have different opinions about things and when it comes to America, it is always a great source for the discussion. By the way, if I can ask, what do you think about the subject?

I think both countries have interesting cultures.

America is lucky because WW 1 and 2 didn't hit it as hard as Europe so there was more cultural development in the 20th century which, musically, is really interesting to look into. Like '50's and '60's music.

I think both countries have interesting cultures.

America is lucky because WW 1 and 2 didn't hit it as hard as Europe so there was more cultural development in the 20th century which, musically, is really interesting to look into. Like '50's and '60's music.

Yep, I agree...sorry for not replying earlier, I kind of lost my i-net connection