Carmen

Twitter Updates

Just now, Clampigirl said:

I mean, if I were her, I would feel the same? Ever since that QOTC post (which I still donā€™t understand why she felt the need to post - just say you think your colleagues are cool, and that you want to do sexy and sad things again like theyā€™re doingĀ and then justĀ do it?), people have been saying sheā€™s racist, that sheā€™s a Trump supporter, that sheā€™s a Karen and overall just mocking her. Sheā€™s tried several times to make people see that she isnā€™t any of that, but itā€™s not working and some people just donā€™t want to listen. Itā€™s been going on for months, even over a year because people called Lana a racist after her fight with Azealia too, I understand if she snaps. I would too.

Iā€™m sad for her too, she kinda put herself in this position with that badly worded QOTC post, and I hope she wonā€™t mind what people write about her too much. But I understand that itā€™s hard - youā€™re a person people wonā€™t see, and youā€™ve been called a fraud and fake after your big debut too... I think it takes a lot when youā€™re criticized a lot for several years. Which might explain her ā€œIā€™m the victimā€ way of seeing things.

Ā 

I dunno, I feel like Iā€™m rambling too now lol.

Bottom line:Ā trying to get rid of certain labels, certain people have stuck on you isn't an easy taskā€”in fact any attempt at trying to get rid of those just reinforce these perceptions. We live in a society...

Again, beforeĀ anyone comes for me, I don't agree with everything (if anything)Ā sheĀ said both today and yesterday, but cancel/call out culture is messed up.

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

idk what she said i haven't read it yet but maybe this is part of her publicity campaign??? like being controversial on purpose to boost interest, hence why she's doing it so much?? like maybe this is supposed to be her new "brand" or smth idk lmfao maybe she just really acts like this tho idk

Ā 

I think she's fully aware of what she's doing too. She's been playing the good girl ever since LFL and now she's tired... I stand by what I said months ago about how NFR was an album she made for the critics and to get the rave reviews she got and I think she decided it wasn't worth it and she's tired.

into your eyesĀ tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifĀ my face remains

2 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Ā 

Exactly! The hive mind is insane around here, one or two users decide she's embarassing them and suddenly everyone is acting embarassed as well.Ā 

Ā 

I find it so funny and pathetic like darling itā€™s very obvious youā€™re saying it for just the sake of it

:smile3:

2 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I mean, if I were her, I would feel the same? Ever since that QOTC post (which I still donā€™t understand why she felt the need to post - just say you think your colleagues are cool, and that you want to do sexy and sad things again like theyā€™re doingĀ and then justĀ do it?), people have been saying sheā€™s racist, that sheā€™s a Trump supporter, that sheā€™s a Karen and overall just mocking her. Sheā€™s tried several times to make people see that she isnā€™t any of that, but itā€™s not working and some people just donā€™t want to listen. Itā€™s been going on for months, even over a year because people called Lana a racist after her fight with Azealia too, I understand if she snaps. I would too.

Iā€™m sad for her too, she kinda put herself in this position with that badly worded QOTC post, and I hope she wonā€™t mind what people write about her too much. But I understand that itā€™s hard - youā€™re a person people wonā€™t see, and youā€™ve been called a fraud and fake after your big debut too... I think it takes a lot when youā€™re criticized a lot for several years. Which might explain her ā€œIā€™m the victimā€ way of seeing things.

Ā 

I dunno, I feel like Iā€™m rambling too now lol.

yes but i mean - she has been critically acclaimed and well liked ever since she released Honeymoon... its not like any of that was recent. She started receiving backlash after qtfc only, which pretty much came out of nowhere.

Ā 

the only possible explanation ive got is that lana began to realize how awfully unfair she was treated in the beginning of her career with the acclaim of NFR but who knows... i dont wanna make assumptions about whats going on

image.png

17 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

thinking abt how i used to wonder if there would ever be another scandal like the israel one where lana would get a lot of backlash lol

Ā 

Well you thought too much about it and manifested... unwonder!

Lanarat.png

i don't really feel embarassed, but i just really dread the fact that people are going to have a really negative and exaggerated view of her, and although that doesn't really impact me, i'd hate to see someone i really look up to go through that, even if it's a little bit warranted for, like, i just want to listen to her music and not feel weird about itĀ :bebe:

WGe8ynS.gif

I don't even find thisĀ too bad tbh, we've seen worse. Yeah the "you're jealous" thing is pretty childish but other than that whatever...Ā 

I do feel bad for Rolling Stone though. It's like a mother telling her child to behave in advance and the child wasn't even planning to misbehave :sadcore6:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey,Ā you makeĀ me feel I'm invincible

18 minutes ago, partymonster said:

oop im a cancer rising i hope i dont come offĀ like thisĀ :awkney:

Ā 

UGH THERE U GO JUMPING TO UR OWN DEFENCE FOR NO REASONĀ :eyeroll2:Ā :eyeroll2:Ā :eyeroll2:

Ā 

Spoiler

hehe just kidding! from what i see of you on these boards id say definitely not!Ā :kiss2:

Ā 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Benā€™s gotta change her password or deactivate her twitter account for awhileĀ :toofunny:Ā and hire PR team while heā€™s at it.Ā 
Ā 

I feel bad for LanaĀ since as other users have said, she seems to be in an insecure place at the moment. These paranoid, kind of manic tweets just make me worried for her.Ā She has got to stop readingĀ articles about her or random hate tweets.Ā 

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

Just now, Sugar Venom said:

ok i finally read it, whats the issue with what she said idgi

Ā 

i don't think it's the fact that she said anything really, it's just that people are going to get even more angry and upset at her and it's kinda fueling the fire :crai:Ā 

WGe8ynS.gif

Even though Iā€™m not a fan of her past statements, especially her BBC1 interview, I donā€™t think some of you are aware of the kind of disgusting comments thatĀ she gets everyday all over her social media for almost a year now. And her main problem is - she wants to respond to each one of them and she usually does it in form of some long, messy statements that can easily be interpreted in a bad way. Stan Twitter is truly disgusting and even IĀ got death threats from only running a LanaĀ updates account and I can only imagine what kind of dark and twisted messages she gets everyday. So do I think all this mess is unnecessary and could be easily avoided by Lana? Of course. But Iā€™m also truly sorry for her and I alsoĀ think that how general public and critics treated her in the first 3 years of her career is what brought her to this point and she didnā€™t deserve it at all.