Carmen

Twitter Updates

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:

Even though I’m not a fan of her past statements, especially her BBC1 interview, I don’t think some of you are aware of the kind of disgusting comments that she gets everyday all over her social media for almost a year now. And her main problem is - she wants to respond to each one of them and she usually does it in form of some long, messy statements that can easily be interpreted in a bad way. Stan Twitter is truly disgusting and I even got death threats from only running a Lana updates account and I can only imagine what kind of dark and twisted messages she gets everyday. So do I think all this mess is unnecessary and could easily avoided by Lana? Of course. But I’m also truly sorry for her and I also think that how general public and critics treated her in the first 3 years of her career is what brought her to this point and she didn’t deserve it at all.

Agreed. Twitter culture is toxic and these people have said and done probably way worse, but aren't in the public eye to be attacked 24/7. She should get off of social media for a long while, though. How sad your life must be to be hiding behind a fake picture and sending death threats to someone who made a mistake.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i'm not necessarily embarrassed but this isn't some YAAAS QUEEN DRAG THEM moment some of you are making it out to be. i feel bad for her that she lets this shit affect her so much, i understand calling out complex considering her relationship with them but then going for tone deaf articles that get an average 1 like per tweet who nobody is checking on just makes it seem like she's obsessed and paranoid with how everyone perceives her which isn't good for your state of mind. she shouldn't even have to waste her energy on a bunch of irrelevant magazines and grown gay men on stan twitter who feed off out of context drama. i really hope she's okay and she can take a step back from social media and not let this eat her up.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I dont think she's evil, I dont think she's a bad person, I dont think she's necessarily any of that. must be tough being a celeb and seeing headlines about yourself that you feel are painting a false picture

BUT

why does she not see why the words that she herself said can paint a particular picture of her? why, instead of lashing out in anger and these delusional statements ("you're jealous"), can't she say "sorry for my bad wording yesterday guys, let me clarify - what i meant was [insert explanation here]"? why can't she acknowledge that her comments have insulted a number of marginalised people? you guys know what i mean?

like i said yesterday - a little sensitivity and tact can really go a long way

Wq9zHLl.jpg

24 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I mean, if I were her, I would feel the same? Ever since that QOTC post (which I still don’t understand why she felt the need to post - just say you think your colleagues are cool, and that you want to do sexy and sad things again like they’re doing and then just do it?), people have been saying she’s racist, that she’s a Trump supporter, that she’s a Karen and overall just mocking her. She’s tried several times to make people see that she isn’t any of that, but it’s not working and some people just don’t want to listen. It’s been going on for months, even over a year because people called Lana a racist after her fight with Azealia too, I understand if she snaps. I would too.

I’m sad for her too, she kinda put herself in this position with that badly worded QOTC post, and I hope she won’t mind what people write about her too much. But I understand that it’s hard - you’re a person people won’t see, and you’ve been called a fraud and fake after your big debut too... I think it takes a lot when you’re criticized a lot for several years. Which might explain her “I’m the victim” way of seeing things.

I dunno, I feel like I’m rambling too now lol.

I agree. I think she got tired of people hitting her and now she won't be silent when she thinks it's unfair. Some criticisms of her are valid and she should learn to listen. But many others are unfounded and even malicious. She got tired of being silent and decided to fight back, for better or for worse. Action and reaction.

2 minutes ago, new gods said:

i'm not necessarily embarrassed but this isn't some YAAAS QUEEN DRAG THEM moment some of you are making it out to be. i feel bad for her that she lets this shit affect her so much, i understand calling out complex considering her relationship with them but then going for tone deaf articles that get an average 1 like per tweet who nobody is checking on just makes it seem like she's obsessed and paranoid with how everyone perceives her which isn't good for your state of mind. she shouldn't even have to waste her energy on a bunch of irrelevant magazines and grown gay men on stan twitter who feed off out of context drama. i really hope she's okay and she can take a step back from social media and not let this eat her up.

The YESS QUEEN WE GET YOU, DRAG THEM comments are all I'm seeing right now. 

Unfortunately I think it's just going to let the cycle continue, because now this blind support is all she will see, not the comments of fans genuinely concerned and wanting her to learn something more about systematic oppression and being an ally. 

I really wish someone would quietly sit her down and explain it because it's not gonna work over social media. 

20 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I mean, if I were her, I would feel the same? Ever since that QOTC post (which I still don’t understand why she felt the need to post - just say you think your colleagues are cool, and that you want to do sexy and sad things again like they’re doing and then just do it?), people have been saying she’s racist, that she’s a Trump supporter, that she’s a Karen and overall just mocking her. She’s tried several times to make people see that she isn’t any of that, but it’s not working and some people just don’t want to listen. It’s been going on for months, even over a year because people called Lana a racist after her fight with Azealia too, I understand if she snaps. I would too.

I’m sad for her too, she kinda put herself in this position with that badly worded QOTC post, and I hope she won’t mind what people write about her too much. But I understand that it’s hard - you’re a person people won’t see, and you’ve been called a fraud and fake after your big debut too... I think it takes a lot when you’re criticized a lot for several years. Which might explain her “I’m the victim” way of seeing things.

I dunno, I feel like I’m rambling too now lol.

i think all of it is just very odd, to begin with her press coverage during her debut was a mess but in the end it was very different to what we have now, the press was much more based on bs, rumours, vague knowledge about her past and not so much meddled with valid points about her majorly messing up mutltiple times which.. well puts people defending her (and her defending herself) in a very different position.

And as Dominik said,  she build up such a good platform for her work and position inside the industry and after accomplishing that she just started to lash out and make that big news for weeks? And okay i get that you can mess up but QFTC was a very stupid situation she put herself into, not something that would haunt you forever though if you went the right way about it. 

Since then she just runs into the same issue all the time, if she desperately wants to put this point across (now for like the what? 10th time or smth) WHYYY don't u just hire some people who can help you put that point across, this entire thing would have been left in 2020 except for the occasional bitter? review (which we're ALWAYS going to get no matter what) if she put out ONE or maybe TWO sensible statements that are phrased well and not lash out to repeat the mess every time again. 

i76mrxw.png 

27 minutes ago, Marius said:

She made some points... but I've never wanted her to take a break like I do rn. Some people are going to hate her forever and they won't change their mind no matter what she'll do. Taylor Swift got so much shitty comments from Trump supporters and she stayed quiet. Lana shoud delete twitter and stop reading this shit.

agreed, lana just post your random photo dumps on IG, turn off comments, and forget the rest challenge :smokes:  

aOaIzH2.gif

4 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

why can't she acknowledge that her comments have insulted a number of marginalised people? you guys know what i mean?

i mean.. the issue is she doesn't even seem to be able to acknowledge that she can be wrong, make mistakes, even just be bad at phrasing things or go on about something the wrong way at the moment so.. 

i76mrxw.png 

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

i mean.. the issue is she doesn't even seem to be able to acknowledge that she can be wrong, make mistakes, even just be bad at phrasing things or go on about something the wrong way at the moment so.. 

she interprets every criticism as a personal attack and its gonna be the death of her 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

11 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

I dont think she's evil, I dont think she's a bad person, I dont think she's necessarily any of that. must be tough being a celeb and seeing headlines about yourself that you feel are painting a false picture

BUT

why does she not see why the words that she herself said can paint a particular picture of her? why, instead of lashing out in anger and these delusional statements ("you're jealous"), can't she say "sorry for my bad wording yesterday guys, let me clarify - what i meant was [insert explanation here]"? why can't she acknowledge that her comments have insulted a number of marginalised people? you guys know what i mean?

like i said yesterday - a little sensitivity and tact can really go a long way

I don't see how she doesn't realise that this happens every time she tries to talk about world problems, diversity and feminism. 

And instead of realising that maybe she still has a lot to learn, and that she should listen to the people who are doing this kind of work and education daily, she insists on proving herself via social media rants and only listens to her rich LA friends. 

I feel bad for her and I know she can do better!!

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

4 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

she interprets every criticism as a personal attack and its gonna be the death of her 

This is it. 

This

Is

It 

:sadcore2: 

Is it her stubborn Leo moon? The moon rules emotional reactions

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

ughhhh this. the irony of her talking about trump's delusions of grandeur but........

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i’m only gonna say this. I’m happy enough that she’s not silencing over the system behind journalism and politics and she’s totally standing firm to her beliefs. it’s sad enough to say at her 35’s that she shall stay silenced, she don’t need that anymore, she made her career, she got her money to live the rest of her life. like chile people. It’s sad that the press made her turn against them that harsh cause there will be a doubt about future releases. i can’t imagine and you can’t even imagine what’s is like to be a celebrity in many ways. but coming from a kinda corrupted politically country , i’m happy that even if i don’t believe her 1OO% cause in the end of the day it’s a celebrity game, that she’s there for her beliefs. of course she could have said in one hundred different ways the way she feels or sees things, but in the end of the day she wouldn’t be her. please stop saying how she should act, because you’re privileged enough to stay at your couch, commenting and pointing fingers digitally. Thanks, i don’t mean to offend anyone. Sorry if you felt this way, but my intention is clear enough. love it here,  we share our opinions . peace 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

6 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I don't see how she doesn't realise that this happens every time she tries to talk about world problems, diversity and feminism. 

And instead of realising that maybe she still has a lot to learn, and that she should listen to the people who are doing this kind of work and education daily, she insists on proving herself via social media rants and only listens to her rich LA friends. 

I feel bad for her and I know she can do better!!

she was literally all out attacking AB and Kanye for this some while ago but apparently she threw out all the mirrors in her house in early 2020 or something.

i76mrxw.png