Carmen

Twitter Updates

5 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I don't see how she doesn't realise that this happens every time she tries to talk about world problems, diversity and feminism. 

And instead of realising that maybe she still has a lot to learn, and that she should listen to the people who are doing this kind of work and education daily, she insists on proving herself via social media rants and only listens to her rich LA friends. 

I feel bad for her and I know she can do better!!

very very this!! i think its been clear for a while that she surrounds herself with 'yes men', likely because she's hardheaded and can't handle criticism (again not to be an astrology hoe but im shocked her only personal Taurus placement is her Venus sign lol) its sad, because i really want her to do better but she just won't accept that she can be wrong :( 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

while i totally understand and even agree it would be wonderful if someone sat down with lana and explained things to her, i think being disappointed that she isn't some woke queen is like ... idk you're only gonna keep being disappointed. like that's never been her, idk what made everyone suddenly want that from her other than it now being trendy to perform allyship for other's satisfaction. i also think a lot of the ppl who are cringing at her might be newer stans, i've kept up w her literally since i was in middle school (im 22 now) when i first saw the video games mv and fell in love. she's been treated horribly her entire career. i'm happy that she's finally standing up for herself and finding her voice. i know she's acting messy and causing drama and i'm not trying to excuse her privilege, but i think she keeps talking about herself and issues regarding her and yall keep turning it into other things like wanting her to understand racial history (which again, nothing wrong w that & i agree) but it's just like so missing the point. she's not a politician, she's clearly not super educated in this department and so to keep expecting this from her is just setting yourself up for disappointment and only perpetuating the very thing lana is tired of and speaking about here. even besides that, she's fully allowed to have different opinions than what you want from her, and she doesn't have to speak about certain things if she doesn't want to. i'm sorry if this doesn't make sense i can barely keep my eyes open rn, i just feel like some ppl might have a narrower perspective of what she's been saying ever since her qftc. she has said some pretty stupid things and i'm not excusing that, but i think ppl are focusing on one specific aspect and missing the bigger picture. i wish we would stop forcing celebs to be politicians it's so weird and unhealthy, and again it only further perpetuates your disappointment in her and her frustrations with us, so this mess will only keep on going 

UbsOye5.png

Just now, Sugar Venom said:

while i totally understand and even agree it would be wonderful if someone sat down with lana and explained things to her, i think being disappointed that she isn't some woke queen is like ... idk you're only gonna keep being disappointed. like that's never been her, idk what made everyone suddenly want that from her other than it now being trendy to perform allyship for other's satisfaction. i also think a lot of the ppl who are cringing at her might be newer stans, i've kept up w her literally since i was in middle school (im 22 now) when i first saw the video games mv and fell in love. she's been treated horribly her entire career. i'm happy that she's finally standing up for herself and finding her voice. i know she's acting messy and causing drama and i'm not trying to excuse her privilege, but i think she keeps talking about herself and issues regarding her and yall keep turning it into other things like wanting her to understand racial history (which again, nothing wrong w that & i agree) but it's just like so missing the point. she's not a politician, she's clearly not super educated in this department and so to keep expecting this from her is just setting yourself up for disappointment and only perpetuating the very thing lana is tired of and speaking about here. even besides that, she's fully allowed to have different opinions than what you want from her, and she doesn't have to speak about certain things if she doesn't want to. i'm sorry if this doesn't make sense i can barely keep my eyes open rn, i just feel like some ppl might have a narrower perspective of what she's been saying ever since her qftc. she has said some pretty stupid things and i'm not excusing that, but i think ppl are focusing on one specific aspect and missing the bigger picture. i wish we would stop forcing celebs to be politicians it's so weird and unhealthy, and again it only further perpetuates your disappointment in her and her frustrations with us, so this mess will only keep on going 

100% agree.
I think her biggest issue at this point is learning to let go of what the media thinks. Like she’s been on this rodeo for like a decade now, headlines can be misleading by nature and it only garners her more hate when she responds like this sadly.

It's definitely a bit tiring seeing so many people repeatedly tell Lana how she should do things and who she should be. I get that she's not handling everything that well, but she's also her own person, not a child, and if she's choosing to lash out right now then maybe it's what she mentally needs to do. My friends tell me to stop calling 911 on the culture, but it's either that or I 5150 myself. 

The media and the general public have been extremely unkind and unfair to her since the beginning of her career and we can't imagine what kind of effect that has had on her, mixed in with the insanity of fame. We know that she's a very good intentioned person who's doing her best, but people have decided that her best isn't good enough for them, and are treating her brutally as a result. The amount of awful things people have said about her online since QFTC (and long before that) is insane. I even saw her photoshopped into the Capitol riots on Twitter which is just so disrespectful to both Lana and the severity of the riots.

She's not perfect, but nobody is, so I think people need to relax a little and just let her be authentic to herself, even if she can be messy. At the end of the day, she never actually says anything awful. She delivers her points in poor ways sometimes, sure, but those who take the time to understand what she's saying can clearly tell that her intentions are good and her points are valid. Silencing her is offensive when she's really not that problematic overall, and I for one am interested in her perspective on things. I would love for her to learn to ignore all this shit about her, or to apologize and clarify her points more clearly when need be, but if that's not what she can do right now then so be it. She's been telling us that she's wild and crazy since day one. I'm just grateful for the art and the journey that she's taking us on, and will accept her for who she is.

Ben needs to LOG her off like right now. 

7 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

She just wouldn't have to feel this hurt if someone in her life told her not to do it :defeated:

Exactly she brings it on herself, now she’s virtue signalling  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

But is it really so much to want an artist to be better at what they say they're good at 'without even trying'? 

There are so many good examples of celebrities learning from past mistakes, even in the face of equal or more backlash, especially when they're known for being nice and generous the way Lana clearly is to everyone she meets. 

I think Lana doesn't understand that it is her fans that desperately want her to do better, not just critics and straight-up haters. We love her and don't want her to keep going down this road. 

Have you not seen the comments of black and latinx fans under her posts saying "please Lana you are making it so hard to love you" "Lana I'm begging you please stop" "Lana we love you but don't do this" ?

I am actually concerned. I am not here to hate her and try to manipulate her moves. I want her to actually stop making her fans sad like this :toofunny: pls 

And if she's not gonna listen and learn then I agree, she needs a total break from social media

Her social media comments as of late radiate a lot of insecurity.

It really sucks nobody in her circle is telling her to just lay low and keep her thoughts to herself since she keeps subjecting herself to more criticism..

(The criticism of her commentary is warranted imo- life isn't all "when the world was at war we kept dancing" as she seems to think)

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Reposted from her IGTV -

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS