naachoboy

Weyes Blood

The singer-songwriter Natalie Mering, who performs as Weyes Blood, braids together emotional and existential upheaval, capturing the weightiness of contemporary life in sweeping, baroque-pop poetry. The crisis-rich three years since her last release have offered Mering plenty to write about; her upcoming fifth album, “And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow,” layers references to climate change, pandemic and impending civilizational collapse into songs about estrangement and longing. “Living in the wake of overwhelming changes/We’ve all become strangers, even to ourselves,” she sings on the opening track, looking around and within. (November; Sub Pop)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/08/arts/music/fall-pop-jazz-calendar.html

Just now, hotshot2am said:

The singer-songwriter Natalie Mering, who performs as Weyes Blood, braids together emotional and existential upheaval, capturing the weightiness of contemporary life in sweeping, baroque-pop poetry. The crisis-rich three years since her last release have offered Mering plenty to write about; her upcoming fifth album, “And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow,” layers references to climate change, pandemic and impending civilizational collapse into songs about estrangement and longing. “Living in the wake of overwhelming changes/We’ve all become strangers, even to ourselves,” she sings on the opening track, looking around and within. (November; Sub Pop)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/08/arts/music/fall-pop-jazz-calendar.html

OMG I LOVE THE TITLE?????

image.png

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

“And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow,” 

wow... :trisha: the power that that has :oprah: the intelligence that that has :true: the influence that that has :lange: the international implications that that has :air:

and it feels like a such a perfect continuation from the title titanic rising, picturing the sunken ship at the dark depths of the ocean and her illuminating the surrounding area wowwwww :wub:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

assuming this is the cover? if so the absolute collapse this is :gurl: were getting fed so fucking good that photo is so ethereal and painting-esque unghhh :cumming:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

tg4hqNC.gif

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS A SERVE!!!!.. the title the visuals the concept the emotion :typewriter:

At the end of her section it says in parentheses (November, Subpop) which I can only assume its out THIS NOVEMBER :wipe:

9 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

assuming this is the cover? if so the absolute collapse this is :gurl: were getting fed so fucking good that photo is so ethereal and painting-esque unghhh :cumming:

A serve your honor :wipe: Now thats a fucking album cover.. Vinyl better have a light baby pink variant to match the dress SNoC2OP.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

4 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

tracklist possibly leaked on genius, obviously genius isn’t a good source but i have seen a few instances when track lists have accurately leaked on there early somehow so:

1. It’s Not Just Me, It’s Everybody

2. Children of the Empire

3. Grapevine

4. God Turn Me Into a Flower

5. Hearts Aglow

6. And In the Darkness

7. Twin Flame

8. In Holy Flux

9. The Worst Is Done

10. A Given Thing

Hide contents

also i love natalie with my whole heart and i don’t mean this offensively at all but i really don’t think anyone would go out of their way to make a whole fake tracklist and put in the effort of uploading it on genius for an artist like weyes blood so something tells me it’s probably real

Allegedly theres three interludes so if this is the full tracklist would that mean theres only seven songs? Maybe the interludes are within the tracks? That looks really believable too.. only 10 songs but Front Row only has 9 including Three Tears and Titanic Rising has 10 counting Titanic Risen so I guess its pretty standard

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

On 6/26/2022 at 6:46 AM, Brightsun said:

one of my favorite songs from the album is a song called " god turns me into a flower" it gives me Enya vibes :trisha:

and a lot of songs are more then 6 minutes long :paris::air:

@zombie girl bestie the tracklist is real :eartha::understand: 

Also I was wrong about the "there being three interludes" its just "a few interludes" (according to info from previous pages) and one of them is the title track songs, I'm assuming Hearts Aglow, and I'm assuming theres only two interludes to keep with the tradition of 8 tracks- thats my truth SNoC2OP.gif

Thank you @Brightsun :mariah:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺