Sign in to follow this  
trayertrash

Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Manga, Manhwa & Manhua

all i remember is that the main character was a girl and the fact that i liked it. i can't remember anything else  :toofunny:

:toofunny:

Do you know if it was a super hero comic or something like Ghost World where it's based around an average person?  :teehee:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

I used to read a lot more manga as a kid (studying takes up too much time now (and internet distractions lol)), but some of my all time favorites are:

Ranma 1/2 (I looooove Ranma, I don't think I'll ever get over it)

Versailles no bara (or "The rose of Versailles")

Pita-ten

Chobits

Manga that will have a special place in my heart (except for Ranma and PitaTen):

Dragon Ball

Sailor Moon

InuYasha (haven't had the time to finish it + kinda forgot where I stopped... *sobs*)

Magic Knight Rayearth

And I have hundreds I wanna read, but you know... time.

I really like Hergé's comics about Tintin too, I watched the cartoon as a kid and it's kind of nostalgic to read them. ❤️

-----------------

Fun fact: I based my username on the mangaka group CLAMP that created Cardcaptor Sakura and other classic mangas! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

don't know why it took so long for me to come to this thread!

i'm reading chobits right now, and also madoka magica's light novel. its very cute

sailor moon is awesome too, i love sailor v forever

k-on, vampire knight, sakura, tokyo mew mew and your lie in april are some of my faves

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

So... after everything that happened during last month's issue of The Walking Dead... they're ending the series.. tomorrow... without prior warning... like... THEY'RE REALLY DOING THIS? THEY'RE REALLY JUST ENDING IT WITHOUT GIVING US TIME???

I got two simple words for you...

Azumanga Daioh

The best shit they ever translated in Finnish, I haven't really watched the anime though

FirstRipeAsiaticwildass.gif

Things I'm reading this month because I can't control my comic spending habit at this point so why even try? 

Abattoir - 10/10 horror comic I happened to find at 2nd & Charles. First time I went I found 1-4 for super cheap, went to buy the last 2 online, but they were eeeexpensive. Went back to 2&C about a week later and found 5 & 6 :D  

Angel City - 7/10 It's a 1930s Hollywood Noir story. I haven't finished it yet, but I found issues 1 & 2 for 50c and it was good so far

Avatar: Tsu Tey's Path - 6/10 I'm taking a break from it since I feel like I need to rewatch the movie to get back into it, but the first 2 issues were prety good! 

Bad Luck Chuck - 8/10 A born with bad luck gal does crimes and stuff. I like it

Batgirl - 10/10 I have her in my pullbox, because duh, and am taking a break to re-read through Cassandra Cain's series, but the covers are giving me life! 

Calamity Kate - 9/10 A bad ass monster killer, of course I love it. 

Canto - 8/10 I just started it today and I can see myself becoming a huge fan of it! 

Coffin Bound - 10/10 Please read this! 

Crow vs Hack/Slash 7/10 I'm a Hack/Slash fan and don't give a shit about the crow, so... at least I have some more Cassie until a new series starts! 

Fairlady - 4/10 I thought I was going to love this series, but it ended up just being okay. I kept reading up to the end of this arc to see if my feelings of it changed, but nah. 

Faithless - 15/10 One of my favorite currently running series. I absolutely ADORE the art.

Gogor - 8/10 It's a fantasy story that's targeted more towards kids, but it's still really good. 

Headless - 2/10 I thought I would like this a little more, but the first issue didn't impress me at all. The art style was okay and the story was... okay... Also, the comic itself smells really weird? 

Hellchild: Blood Money - 7/10 I feel like at this point in my life I'm just too invested in the Zenescope universe to not continue reading and loving every character they put out

Killers - 8/10 It's about former assassins, which is neat! I'm extremely excited about issue 2 :) 

Mary Shelly: Monster Hunter 10/10 - I fucking LOVE this series even though no one agrees that it's good lol. The art is fantastic... even though that's everyone's biggest complaint lol

Pretty Violent - 9/10 It's a story about a little girl who wants to be a super hero but fucks things up & kills everyone along the way lol

Punk Mambo - 6/10 It's a cool story with magic and stuff, but if it starts back up I don't think I'd continue reading it. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

Reaver 9/10 - I waited a fucking month for issue #1 to come in because it was sold out everywhere but I understand why. 2 issues in and it's already one of my favorite releases this year! 

Resonant 10/10 - It's a unique survivalist story that I'm absolutely in love with. 

ROSE 1000000/10 THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST COMIC SERIES I'VE READ IN YEARS AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND I'M ON ISSUE 12 AND SJSOFJDG I JUST LOVE IT AND HATE MYSELF FOR NOT STARTING IT SOONER!!! 

Sea Of Stars - 7/10 It's about a space trucker who loses his son during a mishap, but he isn't aware his kid is okay. It's cute. I like it. Not sure if I love it?

Sonata - 6/10 I really want to love this series, but it's not clicking. I'll probably keep reading because my partner is reading it. 

Space Bandits - 10/10 Sexy space criminals  :usrs:

Sunstone - 100/10 Sexy kinky newbies who are funny, kind, and all around great. This should be the standard for all things kink related. I just finished up Vol. 1 today and wow, I'm so happy with it  :flutter:

Unearth - 5/10 - I'm going to give it another issue to see if I want to continue reading it or not, but I probably won't. it's okay, but, just not clicking? 

Unnatural 10000000000/10 Outside of Batgirl, this is probably my favorite series of all time! I'm so sad it's ended, but it was so perfect and beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's 12 issues (3 volumes) of pure beauty. 

The Unsound - 9/10 I think I finished it earlier this month or the end of last month? Either way, it's really good! There were times I was a lost, but, a second reading really helped me through. It's about someone working at a psychiatric hospital and there's magic and weird and creepy things :)

White Trees - 10/10 It's a 2 issue mini series that started last week. I really loved it. It's like all of the best parts of the fantasy genre without the extreme use of magic. 

I'm refuse to let this thread die :icant:

My pullbox this week:

Batgirl #39

The Crow: Hack/Slash #3

Faithless #6 (final issue)

Harleen #1 (Harley Quinn origin story)

Last Stop On The Red Line #4 (final issue)

Manor Black #3 

Pretty Violent #2

Resonant #3

SFSX #1

The White Trees #2 (final issue)

My favorite new series: 

Count Crowley: Reluctant Midnight Monster Hunter - A 4 issue flash back to 80's midnight creature features. It's fun, action packed, and all around great. 

Heartbeat - A damn beautifully drawn vampire story. Think True Blood meets Vampire Academy with some of the most beautiful horror art in current comics.

Money Shot - Scientists need funding for space exploration, so they decide to make adult videos with aliens. It's not as cheesy or r-rated as it sounds lol.

Once & Future - Imagine zombie King Arthur comes back, but with the ethnic cleansing goals of Hitler. 

The Plot - Without a doubt the most interesting horror comic I've ever read. 

SFSX - A near distant future where sex is monitored by the government. But in this series, sex workers are the heroes of their own story. 

Pretty Violent - A young super hero from a family of villains tries her best to be good. If you like the idea of Harley Quinn as a kid trying to be good, you'll love this.

Unsacred - An angel and demon love story, though, it's not written as your standard comic. It's mostly one mini story per page. 

Other series I'm reading that are worth checking out:

20XX

Black Stars Above

Butcher Of Paris

The Clock

Family Tree

Folklords

Heart Attack

Lucy Claire: Redemption

Marked

Mountainhead

Nomen Omen