Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I think more than anything I'm just excited to see the first glimpses of the visuals of this era, that helps get the kind of 'vibe' of the album? And then once we get a track list also that helps to get a 'feel' for what lyrical themes we may expect?

(I'm guessing love and heartbreak will of course make an appearance as they are consistent themes Lana writes about)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Ok but i would love for Lana to do something acoustic, since she loved performing Yayo with only her guitar this summer it would be amazing if she wrote something like that again <3

giphy.gif

The horror description is interesting to me. Not a descriptor I expected to see. When I see that, I immediately think of the production of Gods & Monsters and Body Electric (and the opening strings in Honeymoon; kind of). I wish we had more to discuss, but at the same time, I love being in the dark. The anticipation is the best part tbh

So two days ago an insider from another forum I'm a user told that a big star would make her return this week and a "famous alternative singer" will return as well by the end of this month. Now is confirmed that the big star is Katy Perry who is releasing her new single on Friday. My guess for the "alternative singer" is either Lana or Lorde.

He also said this artist is with everything ready to release her new stuff and since YAIL is in the orizon, i truly think it's Lana.

PS: This guy have friends on Universal Music Brazil so he is a really reliable source and has told some truly infos in others occasions.

I want her to make a psychedelic

album with music like this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29uruM5-VYo

Is this Angus Stone's new band ? It's cool but a bit overdone, I'd like Lana to keep developing her own psyche sound. Back in 2014 I thought it was really smart of her to use FMWUTTP vocals as background textures in UV, and this is something she did a lot on HM (HBTB vocals in Swan Song, insects noises in GKIT etc.). So I hope she keeps doing this, it's kind of a trademark thing know and it's really hypnotic.

omg new thread. i feel like my sins are washed away. :yesnod:

anyways, i have very high hopes for this album. it's something she's been working on for almost a year now and i think she's really trying to do something that's gonna slay our existence. although i don't understand when people say "she won't release it *at this time* because *this person* will be releasing at the same time and it would ruin her chances of getting noticed" or whatever. ive read things like this so much but like...last friday, big sean dropped his new album, mansionz dropped their new single as well as imagine dragons did. and um... i'm bopping to them all!!! :thankyou:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I sort of go with images for what I want Lana to do, so basically I want palm Trees, sun, big lips, beehive hair, smoking, sexy daddy. Basically I want her album to be summer af! I would love it if she went a bit more upbeat this time, and I love Honeymoon but a change would be great which is what Lana usually does for each album anyway.

qsVmBMd.png

I sort of go with images for what I want Lana to do, so basically I want palm Trees, sun, big lips, beehive hair, smoking, sexy daddy. Basically I want her album to be summer af! I would love it if she went a bit more upbeat this time, and I love Honeymoon but a change would be great which is what Lana usually does for each album anyway.

yes please ! We need a new summer album.

giphy.gif

or like that insta pic i think one of her photographers posted recently that was captioned "silent room". i think visuals like that would be amazing. like a darker and more vivid BTD

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I know this sounds silly but I hope this era has a plant as a symbol for its music. BTD had the rose, Paradise the Palm Tree, UV the hydrangea and HM... well, nothing :( 

giphy.gif

OMG! I ADORE Susanne Sundfør! I'd love for Lana to make a song with that kind of vibe, or perhaps something with a similar vibe to her 'Ten Love Songs' album? I can see Lana at least enjoying songs like 'Darlings' or 'Memorial'

I secretly wish Ten Love Songs was a Lana album :poordat:

Wondering what cover she will do for LDR5... I am desperately hoping for Why Don't You Do Right like she did on the Endless Summer Tour

I would rather see her do Ain'tcha by Betty Boop Boop since that one is more interesting & jazzy. (Lana has a song titled 'Betty Boop Boop' too so she probably heard that song)

that is way too obscure for Lana

thats your opinion but she would rock that so well.  :)

Is this Angus Stone's new band ? It's cool but a bit overdone, I'd like Lana to keep developing her own psyche sound. Back in 2014 I thought it was really smart of her to use FMWUTTP vocals as background textures in UV, and this is something she did a lot on HM (HBTB vocals in Swan Song, insects noises in GKIT etc.). So I hope she keeps doing this, it's kind of a trademark thing know and it's really hypnotic.

she needs to get into that thoo

So two days ago an insider from another forum I'm a user told that a big star would make her return this week and a "famous alternative singer" will return as well by the end of this month. Now is confirmed that the big star is Katy Perry who is releasing her new single on Friday. My guess for the "alternative singer" is either Lana or Lorde.

He also said this artist is with everything ready to release her new stuff and since YAIL is in the orizon, i truly think it's Lana.

PS: This guy have friends on Universal Music Brazil so he is a really reliable source and has told some truly infos in others occasions.

That better be true! Idc if it's Lana or Lorde as long as there is exciting new music. The only musical highlight of 2017 so far was Miynt's 2 minute song

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!