Sign in to follow this  
sparklrtrailrheaven

THE *HONEYMOON* ERA

With the HM era seemingly coming to a close, and the new age of LDR5 being ushered in, I thought it would be a good time to discuss what our favorite parts of the much-maligned HONEYMOON era were! 

lana-del-rey-honeymoon-youtube-lyrics-20

So, what were your favorite:

Photoshoots...?

Songs...? 

Videos...? 

Other moments/parts...? 

Let's take some time to appreciate this era and all it had to offer! :kiss3:

I was going to post this as a status, but thought it deserved a thread. Mods, please let me know if this is unnecessary! 

o4qjp4j.png

tbh i have to say that it is a fact that this was her best record, on lyrical terms she has improved a lot and the sound and ambiance for this record was the  appropriate, the only reason people don't like this one as much as BTD or Uv is because they cannot shake their twink asses like in BTD  or cut their veins like in UV

the only thing that i can agree with is that the production of the videography was the worst cause they only used recycled material from the UV era.

i will love you until the end of time.

The HBTB video was great, so was the album trailer. The other videos could all have been better.

The performance at the Freak premiere was nice, so are the live variations of Honeymoon, Lolita and Carmen she did on her mini-tour.

The only interesting photoshoot was the V Magazine one, the promo-pics of her in the white outfit with the yellow rose and some of the HM-Album-Shoot's pics were nice aswell.

The part where she was blonde again but decided not to do any photoshoots was kind of exciting too :toofunny:

But generally, the era was as dull and boring as the album's pace

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't like Honeymoon as much as her previous records, but it still has some fantastic songs. My favorites would be Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, High By The Beach, The Blackest Day and Swan Song.

Regarding videos, promotion etc., I'm honestly just happy it's over and hope that she will try at least a little harder for LDR5.  :facepalm:

tbh i have to say that it is a fact that this was her best record, on lyrical terms she has improved a lot and the sound and ambiance for this record was the  appropriate, the only reason people don't like this one as much as BTD or Uv is because they cannot shake their twink asses like in BTD  or cut their veins like in UV

the only thing that i can agree with is that the production of the videography was the worst cause they only used recycled material from the UV era.

Well I'd rather shake my ass than fall asleep trying to listen to it.  :w8ing:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I don't like Honeymoon as much as her previous records, but it still has some fantastic songs. My favorites would be Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, High By The Beach, The Blackest Day and Swan Song.

Regarding videos, promotion etc., I'm honestly just happy it's over and hope that she will try at least a little harder for LDR5.  :facepalm:

Well I'd rather shake my ass than fall asleep trying to listen to it.  :w8ing:

GIRLLLLL YOU BETTA STOP IM TRIGGERED 

i will love you until the end of time.

I'm grateful for Honeymoon for the following songs:

- Honeymoon

- Terrence Loves You

- High By The Beach

- Salvatore

I think the main problem for this album is the fact that it sounds the same throughout. However, Mariah had the same issue on "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" (spare me the remarks about the title, we know ! hahaha). It sounded the same because she had worked with the same people, both in terms of lyrics and production. But now, when you take each song individually, there's some great stuff. 

I appreciate the instruments that were used. My main criticism is the effect they put on Lana's voice (but that already started with UV, so...) and the lyrics. They're not her best, I find. 

In terms of visuals, well... None worth mentioning, as far as I'm concerned, except maybe the album trailer.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

The best thing about the Honeymoon era is that it ended.

Jk I saw Lana, met het and got this damn record signed so it was all worth it, and Salvatore is a fckn amazing song. And the AnOther Man shoot is gorgeous

ZKcaooE.png

After spending a lot of time away from the record and re-listening recently, it has some very good highlights. A lot of the songs I hated before I can now appreciate.

The album was just such a huge (unwanted imo) shift in sound and energy from the explosion that Ultraviolence was. I think it would have worked better after Paradise.

'daaark blueee', 'stranger than a stranger'.. if that's lyrical improvement i hope she'll stop improving soon :awkney:

I loved the music, it's slower than usual and I know that turned alot of people off but when I'm in the mood for it, this album just kills it. Also, this album is my favorite instrumentally.

Truthfully, HM is my least favorite Lana album, but I still think the album and era had some redeeming qualities. Probably my biggest qualm with it is that everything still felt as if it were in a transitional phase-- the songs didn't quite sound *finished*, the videos seemed thrown together, the visuals weren't as dynamic as they have been for past eras, and Lana never seemed to settle on a certain style/mood/aesthetic for the era, as she had previously. 

That being said, I think the HM era had some high points! I felt like the unreleased Honeymoon video was an extremely beautiful, and an interesting route that I wish Lana had explored further. The V Magazine and Marfa Journal shoots were some of my all-time favorites, and the songs from HM are beautiful, even if they are enjoyed in small doses due to a bit of monotony and repetitiveness, imo. Also, Lana served some beautiful  looks this era (the blonde!!!!!) and some gorgeous stylings (whatever event this was from: :um3:)! 

And, despite being a bit of a side-note to the HM era, Lana's little Instagram videos have been so sweet and cute :flutter:

All in all, I think the best word to describe my opinion of the HM album/era is solid. After a staggeringly incredible run of albums by Lana since 2010, HM didn't blow minds or achieve any levels of perfection, but it wasn't bad by any means-- not a great hit, but not a miss, either. I think it may have provided a bit of respite for Lana, who's been producing knockout albums and dealing with all sorts of publicity ever since Video Games hit it big-- this era was calm, cool, and maybe even sedate-- but, as they say, "solve et coagula", and hopefully LDR5 is a bit more exciting and dynamic ;)

o4qjp4j.png