Sign in to follow this  
AKASAKA SAWAYAMA

Love

The lyrics are really simple and I truly love them. Maybe the "love" is not about a romantic relationship and it is about the love we need to show towards each other to change the world.

I think so too. Being in love with the world, in love with music, art, creativity, the love humanity is capable of :)

Well its not about Donald Trump. I'm not Lana do I don't know the meaning, but judging the title, its probably about LOVE

And Love Trumps Hate, which coincidentally was a Hillary Clinton campaign slogan, I'm SHOOK. 

Me and my vintage music. My troubles with growing up. My dressing up with nowhere to go. And now Lana telling me it's okay to be crazy and young. She's literally telling me not to worry. I'm crying :defeated: She knows her fanbase too much lol But now I'm sadder that I will never meet her and never become her friend. I feel like me and Lana share some mystic bound. And I bet I'm not the only one. The same retro soul and the saddest girl on earth aesthetics, romanticizing things that shouldn't be romanticized, escaping to the fictional world... Sorry for the rant but this song makes me feel soooo emotional :defeated:

nsaalk.jpg

Me and my vintage music. My troubles with growing up. My dressing up with nowhere to go. And now Lana telling me it's okay to be crazy and young. She's literally telling me not to worry. I'm crying :defeated: She knows her fanbase too much lol But now I'm sadder that I will never meet her and never become her friend. I feel like me and Lana share some mystic bound. And I bet I'm not the only one. The same retro soul and the saddest girl on earth aesthetics, romanticizing things that shouldn't be romanticized, escaping to the fictional world... Sorry for the rant but this song makes me feel soooo emotional :defeated:

I actually thought about you while I was listening to it haha. Edited by CrazySister

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I actually thought about you while I was listening to it. You and @daytonadeath haha.

How sweet!!!!  When I was writing my rant about how much I love this song I was like: I'm wondering if CrazySister will see it :kiss:

nsaalk.jpg

Y'all need to stop.. This song was written possibly over a year ago- I highly doubt she wrote it with political intentions. It's probably just about how beautiful it is to be young, like a tribute to her young fans.

you do know trump announced his candidacy a year before she wrote this song and had his minions spread hate across america right? building the wall and banning muslims wasnt an idea that was just brought up last month lmao

I painfully have to kind of agree... The song is amazing nonetheless in my opinion and goes way above everything getting played on the radio, but I feel like... I dunno... Shes done better lyrically. I was frankly let down by the bridge. Still an icon though and the lyrics are good don't get me wrong just not her absolute best

i agree. i liked the IG video where she sings "to feel young and have love in your heart". WHY didn't she make that the lyric, at least in the final chorus? it's a much deeper sentiment and it would've transformed the message of the song into something more all-encompassing.

I honestly think this song is a love letter to her fans and basically saying, you don't need to worry when you are young and have love.

Queen of loving her fans

@The Blackest Day read my second comment.. She possibly wrote the song back in august or september of 2015- yes, trump was in the race at that point but his candidacy was a huge joke.. plus, lana, back in February 2016, made a comment to Elle magazine about how she needed to study all the candidates more to form an opinion on them- and this included trump.. so I don't think Lana was very politically involved in the campaign up until very recently. (as in the summer of 2016)

There's so much packed in this record that it would be a travesty to overlook it all. 1st and foremost to me is the apparent message that can be conveyed. I feel like it speaks to the current political climate in america. With everything that has gone on these past few months.

The lyrics: 

Look at you kids, you know you're the coolest

The world is yours and you can't refuse it

Seen so much, you could get the blues

But that don't mean that you should abuse it

[Pre-Chorus]

Though it's enough just to make you go crazy, crazy, crazy

I know, it's enough just to make you go crazy, crazy, crazy. 

And to mention the last few lines of the 1st verse: 

You're part of the past, but now you're the future

Signals crossing can get confusing.

Another thing i'd like to point out is the "Don't Worry Baby" song lyric and brief melody usage which references the Beach Boys' 1964 record of the same name. Also If you listen back to both Love and Don't Worry Baby you can definitely pick up on a feel and hints of the Beach Boys' record throughout Love. The soundscape of music give mes the feeling of spacious, majestic, outside space with floating satellites. Which is why the poster and Lana's reference is well placed. There's a lot going on with this record as always with any of her music.

pls lana give me any cover from the beach boys im begging you bb

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

If the video she did back in June of 2016 is for Love then the whole political thing wouldn't really make any sense. At that time, I think the idea of Donald becoming pres would sound as plausible as the us all being aliens or smth

Lana pretty much confirmed my feeling about Love having slight political undertones with her recent interview for BBC radio about the new album:

"I started out thinking that the whole record was gonna have a ’50s/’60s feeling, like some kind of Shangri-Las, early Joan Baez influences. But as the climate kept on getting more heated politically, I found lyrically everything was just directed towards that. So because of that, the sound just got really updated, and I felt like it was more wanting to talk to the younger side of the audience that I have. I guess it’s just a little more socially aware. It’s kind of a global feeling."

http://www.stereogum.com/1926671/lana-del-rey-talks-miles-kane-collab-more-socially-aware-new-album/news/

Lana pretty much confirmed my feeling about Love having slight political undertones with her recent for BBC radio about the new album:

"I started out thinking that the whole record was gonna have a ’50s/’60s feeling, like some kind of Shangri-Las, early Joan Baez influences. But as the climate kept on getting more heated politically, I found lyrically everything was just directed towards that. So because of that, the sound just got really updated, and I felt like it was more wanting to talk to the younger side of the audience that I have. I guess it’s just a little more socially aware. It’s kind of a global feeling."

http://www.stereogum.com/1926671/lana-del-rey-talks-miles-kane-collab-more-socially-aware-new-album/news/

omg

I still don't know what she means with "Seen so much, you could get the blues / But that don't mean that you should abuse it"

I get it as that getting the blues, to Lana, is like getting sad or depressed, as she has said before, "getting blue", so I think that what she means in that lyric is that it's ok for us to get sad sometimes for all the horrible things we see happening around the world, but that don't mean we should abuse that feeling and stay sad and negative all the time, it's a little advice from her for us to try and not be so depressed all the time.

Woke Queen!

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I still don't know what she means with "Seen so much, you could get the blues / But that don't mean that you should abuse it"

I interpreted blues as xanax but then again xanax comes in different colours. Who knows honestly, Lana uses the word blue so many times in her songs they probably all have different meanings.   :eek:

dreaming away your life...

I get it as that getting the blues, to Lana, is like getting sad or depressed, as she has said before, "getting blue", so I think that what she means in that lyric is that it's ok for us to get sad sometimes for all the horrible things we see happening around the world, but that don't mean we should abuse that feeling and stay sad and negative all the time, it's a little advice from her for us to try and not be so depressed all the time.

Woke Queen!

I interpreted blues as xanax but then again xanax comes in different colours. Who knows honestly, Lana uses the word blue so many times in her songs they probably all have different meanings.   :eek:

thanks! :3

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I think it's one of her best songs; lyric-wise and song-wise. I love how she appreciates us so much and she's writing stuff for us. And how she's telling us that having love in our hearts gives us strength to go on with our struggles. She's such a kind person I can't

k0AnwZF.gif