Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

What kind of universal life-affirming anthem?? John Lennon is SHOOK

Haven't laughed at anything non-funny in a long, long time

Maybe because thats 100% true?? This song approved world peace, went to college for me, cleared my pores & keeps Africa hydrated

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

For fans of LANA DEL REY you guys seem to be awfully impatient. I mean honestly this is the most present she has been in an era since 2012 and the era hasn't even properly started yet. Calm down and wait 

FzytWEW.png

Lana's fashion taste evolved so much within the last few years. She went from 2012 hollywood glamor to 2015 pilot attendant pants suit to 2017 sandals, jeans and a white t shirt.

Lana's fashion taste evolved so much within the last few years. She went from 2012 hollywood glamor to 2015 pilot attendant pants suit to 2017 sandals, jeans and a white t shirt.

True hollywood glamour

ferrarijacket.png

lana-del-rey-f1-jacket.jpg

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I'll always love her 2012 looks. And her 2014 Ultraviolence look, because of the contrast. 

Why does Lana refuse to make bops anymore? I miss songs like Lolita, Off to the Races, Cola, Behind Closed Doors, Dangerous Girl, Florida Kilos, Hundred Dollar Bill, National Anthem, You Can Be The Boss, etc. 

Everything is getting slower, which is fine. But I think there needs to be variety. I feel like LDR5 might turn into musical NyQuil like that other album  :pft:

Why does Lana refuse to make bops anymore? I miss songs like Lolita, Off to the Races, Cola, Behind Closed Doors, Dangerous Girl, Florida Kilos, Hundred Dollar Bill, National Anthem, You Can Be The Boss, etc. 

Everything is getting slower, which is fine. But I think there needs to be variety. I feel like LDR5 might turn into musical NyQuil like that other album  :pft:

bops are great, but it doesnt need to be upbeat or fast paced to be good... i mean born to die was good album, but it was super overproduced and a lot of the songs sounded too similar to each other, or had similar instrumentals, because the production style was so limited. i would rather have something slow and calmer like a honeymoon 2.0 if its overall more mature than a bunch of songs that are only good because i can dance to them

pNjWdpc.png

I feel ya. I have a feeling we will get at least one bop on this record, maybe the collaboration one. I remember hearing Florida Kilos for the first time and just smiling the whole time. It'd be cool to feel that again :bliss:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Honestly tho... i can't wait for the new lush looks and performances and album. i know the wait seems endless, and that lana/her team aren't promoting the single as much as it deserves, but idk....i'm still so happy and grateful that we get to listen to her music. she's a great artist.

and she is so much better than the crusty ass cunts who fucking take her property and leak it and cause her fucking livelihood to go totally off the rails... smh.  :whatever:

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

bops are great, but it doesnt need to be upbeat or fast paced to be good... i mean born to die was good album, but it was super overproduced and a lot of the songs sounded too similar to each other, or had similar instrumentals, because the production style was so limited. i would rather have something slow and calmer like a honeymoon 2.0 if its overall more mature than a bunch of songs that are only good because i can dance to them

For me, what matters is that there's emotional resonance and that the songs stick with you. I think bops or fast paced music can do that really easily, like when the beat drops or whatever or the lyrics can have more impact if they're catchy. But like I wouldn't mind a honeymoon 2.0 if I actually felt like it did that, even if slower. I think honeymoon didn't connect with me not because I didn't love the musicality of it (although it felt underproduced to me), but because there wasn't anything that particularly moved me. Like I get that from pawn shop blues, or from BAR (the prechorus) or TIWMUG ("lana how I hate those guys") video games, etc. I think it can be slow it just has to be something that grabs you, because that's how you can really make slow music work.

But how can you complain about BtD not having enough diversity in terms of production and sound and then say HM is better? Almost all HM songs have the same mininalistic production, the same kind of vocals and the same tempo. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, but the lack of diversity is it's biggest problem

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!