Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

I wouldn't really want Lana to re record any unreleased song tbh, I would prefer to get an album with all new songs. Not that I would hate it if she did re record some, it would be interesting to see what she would do with these songs now.

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54

every album cycle people bring up unreleased songs being re recorded i don't get it

I only brought it up because she said the album was for us, and I was thinking about how nice it would be if her to do that, it adds a more intimate twist in my eyes since her fans are obsessed with her unreleased songs. And it was a good conversation starter because no one else has really thought of it.

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

every album cycle people bring up unreleased songs being re recorded i don't get it 

bcuz some older unreleased songs are better than her newer songs and some older demos deserve to be fleshed out into final works. lana has also incorporated old songs in her newer releases: paradise's yayo, old money, and even high by the beach references PMIAM. so anything is possible.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Id be ok with Lana using an old song but turning into something completely new, sort of like when Lady Gaga made 'Fashion Of His Love' using 'Earthquake' which was a leaked song.

qsVmBMd.png

Why shouldn't we want re-recorded unreleased tracks? Her unreleased music is huge part of her musical personality and its not like they'd realistically snatch the spot from a newer song that she wanted to release. Different interpretations are always fun too.

If she does rerecord some old ones I hope they're bonus tracks. I know she's not a fan of deluxes, but they'd be fun additions, since they're old material it wouldn't really ruin the 'tone' of the album if I'm making sense

idg why people always get so upset when someone mentions wanting her to re release or rework old songs like??? whats so awful about that lmao i think its very cute and it could end up being very personal/intimate between her and us (stans) because causal fans wouldnt have that pre existing background and everything that comes with it. idk i think it makes it more special because she knows we share that with her ((????? bad at explaining, i hope this makes sense lmao) like i remember her saying in an interview that she likes to incorporate innuendos/easter eggs of quotes or lyrics of things she listens to on her own, so that when she listens back on it she can kind of smile to herself about it (almost like an inside joke but not literally a joke lol) 

plus:

bcuz some older unreleased songs are better than her newer songs and some older demos deserve to be fleshed out into final works. lana has also incorporated old songs in her newer releases: paradise's yayo, old money, and even high by the beach references PMIAM. so anything is possible.

UbsOye5.png

i want her to do a greatest hits type of thing and to include Serial Killer in it

i dont want her to rerecord songs. i want new material

One doesn't cancel the other out

I want her to re record serial killer, make the lyrics better, add trap beats, add a rap verse from a popular rapper like asap or Nicki, have a high budget mv and last but not least promote it and we'd have a top 20 hit. (I know something like this probably won't happen but a Stan w basic music tastes can dream)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

True, maybe she will have an ode to some older songs. But i kinda hope shell do what she did with Serial Kill and just sing it live to surprise everyone. it was so much more exciting that way

I dont want old tracks on albums but i really wish she would release some b-side compilation, evenif its just itunes only, for the fans, no promo, just something extra for fans to enjoy between an album release.

It would be nice to have You Can Be The Boss, Kinda Outta Luck, Serial Killer ect. in HQ.

Shes performed these on tours and the fans go nuts when she does.

I dont want old tracks on albums but i really wish she would release some b-side compilation, evenif its just itunes only, for the fans, no promo, just something extra for fans to enjoy between an album release.

It would be nice to have You Can Be The Boss, Kinda Outta Luck, Serial Killer ect. in HQ.

Shes performed these on tours and the fans go nuts when she does.

I'm not sure why she didn't do that already. Lana gets millions of views for unreleased tracks, she might as well sell it for the best quality. It would be the perfect thing to do in between albums. Hopefully she comes thru in the future :angie:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg