luckyonewithoutyou

Best American Record

SO I edited the song and never listened to the original again, made it better

http://picosong.com/7sLR

King of edits could you possibly edit out the first two choruses for me (but not the last one after the iconic glass smash lol)?? I know that sounds like a weird request I just hate the chorus so much and would love if the song, instead, just trailed off at the end of the "you did it alllll for faaaame" acoustic prechorus part and flowed into the next part

(so like: verse 1, pre chorus, verse 2, pre chorus, bridge, chorus)

x

I'll send you nudes :teehee: KIDDING HELL NO I WONT

they're liars it leaked in 128 and that's all we have sorry sis

Are you sure? 

I downloaded it in the hour it leaked, and the one I got was 97 kbps.

giphy.gif

ok. here's my theory abt this song

"My baby used to dance underneath my architecture"

Here, she's reflecting on past times of her man dancing to music under her house, which is probably big.

"To the 'Houses of the Holy' smoking on them cigarettes"

In this line she is saying that he really liked Led's album and that they used to smoke to it, foreshadowing of the dance lyric is also present considering there is a song called "Dancing Days" on HOFH and the album title itself considering her house would be the house of the holy. 

He was cool as heck, he was cool as heck
I think this may go both ways, either calling Led cool in the first line with a bit of energy and calling her man cool in the second one, symbolizing that him and Led were alike. 

But you were so obsessed with writing the next best American record
Now Lana is not reflecting on past times but more modern times, switching from indirective to directive, she may be saying that her man thought that HOTH was the best record, and now he wanted to make the best american record from the inspiration provided by HOTH. 

But there was nothing left by the time we got to bed, baby that’s a shame

I had a hard time deciphering this lyric, but I believe she is trying to state that her man may be constantly trying to make music with Led's album playing, and that the album is over (it's 40 minutes) or that he has lost the energy to make more. The bed may also symbolize both sex, emotion and connection between them, a theme in Your Girl. (Lay me in a bed of down...)

You did it all for fame, tell me how it treats you now, how does that taste coming now, baby, how's life treating you now it's over

In this line Lana goes HAM on her man for trying to make the best american record. As stated by evil, the "coming now" may be an innuendo for cumming, as the lyric "My pussy taste like pepsi cola" is on Paradise, an acclaimed American record. The "it's over" part may symbolize the end of their relation, which is all that had mattered. 

He was seventies in spirit; nineties in his frame of mind

Now, HOTH was released in the seventies and basically symbolized that her loved the music in that era, alongside saying "spirit" and "holy" making a juxtaposition. The 90's obviously had much iconic music, many being socially motivated, suggesting her man was also.

You know what I'm talking about

Although it may be an easter egg from BOY, in BOY Lana talks about being picked up by a wealthy man in a time of distress. Now, she is the woman picking up a man in a time of distress and she is reflecting on those time.

It's true, all the roads lead to you, everything I want and do, all the things that I say
This is a funny lyric because there is a song called ATRLTY by Steve Wariner, who would fit in the music persona. There's a song called It's True by the backstreet boys and a song called EIWAD by nickleback, but those songs are obviously way to modern to fit in the persona. But really I think she's trying to say she really loves him.

All the roads lead to you like the 405 I drive through every night and every day

In this lyric, she states that she goes through interstate 405 everyday. This may mean that she must work a lot to keep him afloat financially. 

I see you for who you really are like the thousands of girls love the way Bill plays guitar

Although this may go with the Bill persona in TM, this may refer to either Billy Ray Cyrus or Bill Frisell, both famous American guitarists, or another musician I don't know about. I think she is trying to say that her man wants to be the Bill to millions of people, especially women. look through this article if u want http://www.starpulse.com/best-singers-named-billy-1847907237.html

:P

This song would have fit perfectly with LFL sound ugh so pressed Roachella made the album, and BAR was not

I'll never get over its exclusion, as dumb as that sounds. Personally I also think it would have fit in exquisitely with the rest of the tracks, especially songs like White Mustang and Heroin. Like, I will take this bitterness to my grave haha. I normally don't get this riled up over Lana's decisions, but this song is just... so good!

Can I get everyone's opinions on this, it's the final edit I ever made of the song and it felt the most finished. I feel like this is what the final would've sounded like. This is a list of things I added/changed :

- Extended the fading in intro and added something over it as well.

- Added a faint siren sound to every other beat.

- Added many new sound fx to the chorus, very LFL inspired.

- Added the post chorus from the second chorus to the first, which originally had nothing.

- Extended the percussion through the second verse.

- Brought it to a faded halt and left a guitar moment at the phrase "we lost track of time"

- Resumed the pre-chorus with a bang

- Added faint bangs to the bridge

- Added faint screams to the bridge

- Added a bigger "fading sound" leading up to the glass smashing

- Put the chorus in a round sort of style in the very last one.

- Added the lines "you did it all for fame, you did it all for fame" to the "i told you" part.

- Remastered this song ;)

http://picosong.com/v3DC

ngi6RKI.jpg

Can I get everyone's opinions on this, it's the final edit I ever made of the song and it felt the most finished. I feel like this is what the final would've sounded like. This is a list of things I added/changed :

- Extended the fading in intro and added something over it as well.

- Added a faint siren sound to every other beat.

- Added many new sound fx to the chorus, very LFL inspired.

- Added the post chorus from the second chorus to the first, which originally had nothing.

- Extended the percussion through the second verse.

- Brought it to a faded halt and left a guitar moment at the phrase "we lost track of time"

- Resumed the pre-chorus with a bang

- Added faint bangs to the bridge

- Added faint screams to the bridge

- Added a bigger "fading sound" leading up to the glass smashing

- Put the chorus in a round sort of style in the very last one.

- Added the lines "you did it all for fame, you did it all for fame" to the "i told you" part.

- Remastered this song ;)

http://picosong.com/v3DC

I think there might be a bit too much going on in the last chorus, but besides that I love it, great job! Leak the 320 kbps version. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

ok y'all get ready for some dream tea

in my dream last night I saw the file name of the file it was something like Best_American_Record_MP3.  anyway the version I had some tumblr account posted in video format (not BAR mv) and then reposted it with some sort of stems on the chorus, similar to that of BV stems where theyre like "oooohhh" when she's singing. it was a pretty big fuss. so yeah