Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

Hey, wouldn't it be great if the producers had taken note of all the BTD criticisms we virulently spouted on LDR.FM and made suitable changes for the re-release?

From what I understand, producers don't respond very well to constructive criticism from cranks on forums. :P

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

From what I understand, producers don't respond very well to constructive criticism from cranks on forums. :P

You are SO right about that! Almost forgot. :lol:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Okay, so these are the songs rumored to be on the re-release from many different sources. Can anyone validate which ones we can expect? I know we've all heard several song titles, but here's some I've heard will be on it:

1. Body Electric

2. Burning Desire

3. Blue Velvet

4. Because of You

5. In the Land of Gods and Monsters

6. Will You Still Love Me

7. ?

8. ?

What are the other two songs? I can't remember their names

When she said there were eight new songs does that mean there's only going to be eight songs? She rerecorded a few AKALG songs like Smarty/Smartie and Mermaid Motel/Hotel so maybe those might be on the rerelease as well since those songs aren't exactly 'new'.

She rerecorded a few AKALG songs like Smarty/Smartie and Mermaid Motel/Hotel so maybe those might be on the rerelease as well since those songs aren't exactly 'new'.

As in after the release of AKA? Where did you get this information from?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Wikipedia :ph34r:

Aren't "Burning Desire" and "Because of You" fake?

Okay, so these are the songs rumored to be on the re-release from many different sources. Can anyone validate which ones we can expect? I know we've all heard several song titles, but here's some I've heard will be on it:

1. Body Electric

2. Burning Desire

3. Blue Velvet

4. Because of You

5. In the Land of Gods and Monsters

6. Will You Still Love Me

7. ?

8. ?

What are the other two songs? I can't remember their names

Hollyood's Dead and Damn You.

Though most of the rumoured songs have been confirmed as fake, so...

When she said there were eight new songs does that mean there's only going to be eight songs?

It's only 8 new songs. It's an EP attached to the BTD re-release, so the tracklist won't exceed 8 songs.

ASCAP. She has definitely rerecorded them and licensed them. See here. (Search Writers -> LANA DEL REY) All of her original AKALG songs are there as well like 'Yayo' and 'Gramma' (because AKALG was an actual official release unlike Sirens) but you notice that there are doubles like 'Smarty' and 'Smartie', 'Put Me In A Movie' and 'Little Girls' (same song), 'Raise Me Up' and 'Raise Me Up (Mississippi South)', 'Mermaid Hotel' and 'Mermaid Motel'.

Aren't "Burning Desire" and "Because of You" fake?

If you look at the link above, Burning Desire is a real track. Because of You is not on the list but that doesn't mean that it's fake. Body Electric and Blue Velvet aren't on the list but we definitely know they're real. (Body Electric might not have even been recorded yet because it's always performed live).

Hollyood's Dead and Damn You.

Though most of the rumoured songs have been confirmed as fake, so...

It's only 8 new songs. It's an EP attached to the BTD re-release, so the tracklist won't exceed 8 songs.

Why are people always obsessed with these two songs. The two snippets are obviously something like 'iTunes previews' for the tracks because they are only around 30 seconds long which means that the two songs are meant to be part of a completely different album altogether.

Do people really think that 'Damn You' will fit in with 'Body Electric' and the whole of Born To Die's depressing classical instrumentation. And don't get me started with people who think that 'Serial Killer' etc are going to be on it because they are just stupid.

Also, about the 8 track thing, Lana herself said there were going to be 7 new tracks so news will keep changing so we shouldn't say that anything's definite yet.

Why are people always obsessed with these two songs. The two snippets are obviously something like 'iTunes previews' for the tracks because they are only around 30 seconds long which means that the two songs are meant to be part of a completely different album altogether.

Because I NEED "Hollywood's Dead" in my life! (And where better than on her Hollywood sadcore re-release?)

And don't get me started with people who think that 'Serial Killer' etc are going to be on it because they are just stupid.

HOPE. We HOPE it will be on it so we get a HQ copy. G9dVt.gif

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Don't get me wrong! I love the snippets to death.

But I just really hope they're not on Paradise Ed.

From what I've heard of the Paradise Ed, I don't think Hollywood and DY would really fit in - they're just not of the same dramatic ilk, but that doesn't mean they're not as equally good.

4r9w86.jpg

From what I've heard of the Paradise Ed, I don't think Hollywood and DY would really fit in - they're just not of the same dramatic ilk, but that doesn't mean they're not as equally good.

But you've only heard one song.

I think there's bound to be more than stuff like ISTBE. If it's a final statement on Born to Die, which includes upbeat songs like OTTR, NA, and DMD, then why shouldn't we expect something similar? Even "Will You Still Love Me..." seems more subdued than dramatic. I think ISTBE is a pretty dark song, but maybe it's to the Paradise Edition as Carmen is to Born to Die. Pretty dark, but not out of place.

I think those two sounds, thematically, fit in perfectly. However, I don't think they'll be on this release.

But you've only heard one song.

I think there's bound to be more than stuff like ISTBE. If it's a final statement on Born to Die, which includes upbeat songs like OTTR, NA, and DMD, then why shouldn't we expect something similar? Even "Will You Still Love Me..." seems more subdued than dramatic. I think ISTBE is a pretty dark song, but maybe it's to the Paradise Edition as Carmen is to Born to Die. Pretty dark, but not out of place.

I think those two sounds, thematically, fit in perfectly. However, I don't think they'll be on this release.

Agreed, BTD isn't JUST all slow depressing music, it has varied melodies and beats, those songs sound fine for a bTD re-release.

Both songs are heavily autotuned, that's one of at least 99 reasons why it won't fit with Paradise Ed!

Lana said that this re-release would be a period to the statement that she's trying to say. Pretty much all of her songs were about being in love/out of love/rich sugar daddies and living the life of a high class girl in New York. Sure we can try to make them fit thematically but (as lana says,) 'sonically' I don't think they fit very well at all.

How disappointed would every Lana fan be if every song on this release were already leaked songs? I would rather have two new songs than a full Hollywood's Dead or Damn You! Sorry, but that's just what I think. :( Just... if they were on this release then I'd be very disappointed.