NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

currently in the middle of silver in the wood, catherine house, burn our bodies down, my best friend's exorcism, teeth in the mist, and the historian! so far i'm vibing the best with the historian but the others are good as well

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

self care by leigh stein, a satire about the "girl bosses," capitalism's co-optation of the term self care, and start-up culture. also molly brodak's new collection of poems, the cipher (if you liked violet i think you'd like this book too).

aOaIzH2.gif

On 10/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, mrborntolose said:

listening to Clown in a Cornfield audio book. plays out like a teen slasher with a pretty wild twist!! very fun and perfect for Halloween season:hooker:

I read that! Was really enjoyable lol. Def good spooky season read.

Also recently read Final Girls by Riley Sager. It’s kind of slasher/psychological thriller. Worth a check out. 

Another spooky read I’d recommend if you’re into more classical/gothic literature is Mexican Gothic. Omgggggg so good. I’d consider it one of my top reads of the year. Mysterious, dark, sexy. Loved it. 

Currently reading/finishing The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. 

I just finished that book that Melania Trump's ex-friend/former advisor wrote and boy...is it JUICY. 

Spoiler

but tbh it kinda made me like Melania in a weird way. Like I kinda respect her more now cuz she's obviously smart to be that manipulative lol 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

i’m reading It by Stephen King still and i’m still trying to get through A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin a year later :toofloppy:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Oh something to know!! If some of you aren’t able to afford books, go to a library or want to save some money on college textbooks, check out Libgen. I’m not saying to never pay for books again.... lol (they have tons of stuff in multiple languages in ebook format... so just a heads up. Books can get expensive sooooo)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Oh something to know!! If some of you aren’t able to afford books, go to a library or want to save some money on college textbooks, check out Libgen. I’m not saying to never pay for books again.... lol (they have tons of stuff in multiple languages in ebook format... so just a heads up. Books can get expensive sooooo)

This reminds me, they used to have a secondhand library in my town, it was such a cute little spot, where you could get really neat finds! But they had to close. It sucks. :(

12 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

This reminds me, they used to have a secondhand library in my town, it was such a cute little spot, where you could get really neat finds! But they had to close. It sucks. :(

Aww that sucks. They’re closing a bookstore in my hometown that’s been open since like 1963 and its really sad. They’re only closing because the owners daughters ran it after their dad died in the 80s and now they’re ready to retire and move onto retirement life I guess. They said they won’t close until they’re all sold out of books so they’ll prolly be around a little while longer but I went with my bf the other day and it was packed, there were so many books and so many people there. We were uncomfortable and had to leave but I’d love to support them before they go

giphy.gif

I received Tori Amos’s new memoir for Christmas - I finished it in a day

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You