NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

Currently reading the poetry collection Flowers of evil - Charles Baudelaire 

And a book I ordered called Female Masculinity just came in the mail. It's about the butch lesbian experience, or something like that, i don't really know the details but it looked interesting 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

3 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Currently reading the poetry collection Flowers of evil - Charles Baudelaire 

Ahhh Les Fleurs du mal :xgiggle:

currently reading and really liking the devil aspect by craig russell! it's a murder mystery set in 1930s prague and stars an up and coming psychiatrist so it's kinda got vibes similar to the alienist which i'm into

tho i'm also working on these violent delights by micah nemerever and.....struggling......but it's giving me kill your darlings vibes

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

1 hour ago, kitsunegari101 said:

currently reading and really liking the devil aspect by craig russell! it's a murder mystery set in 1930s prague and stars an up and coming psychiatrist so it's kinda got vibes similar to the alienist which i'm into

tho i'm also working on these violent delights by micah nemerever and.....struggling......but it's giving me kill your darlings vibes

I was obsessed with Kill Your Darlings when i was like 15. I got a copy of Ulyssus just cause it was mentioned in the movie as a censored book but i still haven't read it cause it's big af and im scared. Also got interested in the Tropic of Cancer cause of this scene which i will be reading soon 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

On 1/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, Mer said:

Has anyone read A Promised Land by Obama? I'm hesitant to start it because I heard a good 200/700 pages is about his life before the presidency and I'm not really interested in that...Maybe I'll just wait until he releases the memoirs of his second term...

I've read parts of it and it made me hate the man more.

giphy.gif

Finished rereading The Bell Jar and about to pick back up on The Song of Achilles—always open for new book suggestions if anyone has any!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

19 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Finished rereading The Bell Jar and about to pick back up on The Song of Achilles—always open for new book suggestions if anyone has any!

If you liked The Bell Jar you may like Kate Zambreno's novel Green Girl, a sort of abject update on gender, depression, & capitalism

aOaIzH2.gif

51 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

I was obsessed with Kill Your Darlings when i was like 15. I got a copy of Ulyssus just cause it was mentioned in the movie as a censored book but i still haven't read it cause it's big af and im scared. Also got interested in the Tropic of Cancer cause of this scene which i will be reading soon 

man good luck on tropic of cancer, i also picked it up because of this movie but i really couldn't get into it :/ didn't even try ulysses tho i was supposed to read it for honors english in high school

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

If you liked The Bell Jar you may like Kate Zambreno's novel Green Girl, a sort of abject update on gender, depression, & capitalism

I know what I’m reading next now—thank you!!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter

I read it years ago, but I can't remember anything. Just the wolf tales, but mainly because The Company of the Wolves is one of my favorite movies

Spoiler

The Company of the Wolves is the cinematographic version of Carter's wolf tales. Wolf Alice is definitely one of my favorite stories by her