NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

I’m reading Shame by Jasvinder Sanghera, it’s her memoir and it’s a really heartbreaking read. I recommend it to anyone who comes from a culture that values a woman’s “honour” and a family’s reputation within their community i.e. South Asian communities, or anyone else even. It’s good to get some insight on how some people still have to live to this day :(

Imagine reading a book, realizing it’s boring as hell until close to the end, only to reach the end and find out it was never finished :rip:

I feel cheated. Don’t read The Process from Kafka y‘all, you‘ll hate yourself for ever picking it up. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Currently reading 'The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo' which seems to be about an old Hollywood movie star that is ready to spill her life story before she dies. Of course the 50s-60s old Hollywood vibes remind me of Lana right away, then it is mentioned that the other main character who is interviewing Evelyn Hugo goes by her middle name Monique, but her real name is Elizabeth Grant :ohmy: ..coincidence? 

Also finally bought and started reading the book 'Tragedy Queens: Stories Inspired by Lana Del Rey and Sylvia Plath' because I saw it in the background of the bookstore on LDR Village. All these years I've passed on getting it because I thought maybe Lana didn't like it since I don't think she ever mentioned or endorsed it 

I just picked up A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft. It's so interesting to have a feminist book from the 1700s, and I've been trying to push myself to read more nonfiction/philosophical books 

imageproxy.jpg

I'm currently reading Ottessa Moshfegh's short-story compilation "Homesick for Another World." Is anyone else reading her stuff?
I discovered her earlier this year when I read "Death in Her Hands", which is now one of my favourite books of all time. I've never read such a good character study/psychogram. I also really liked "My Year of Rest and Relaxation".
I read " "Eileen" a few weeks ago, and I have to admit that I was bit disappinted with it, because it built up such a nice atmosphere but then kind of went nowhere.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On 4/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, cheaptrailertrashglm said:

you love me by caroline kepnes

I loved the books (never seen the show tho, is it good?) but I refuse to read this book bc 

Spoiler

Love Quinn made the story for me. I don’t wanna read a 3rd instalment without her in it  

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

I'm interested in psychiatry so I'm reading:

1. American Psychosis: How the Federal Government Destroyed the Mental Illness Treatment System

2. DSM-III Casebook

3. DSM-III-R Casebook

4. DSM-IV Case Studies

5. DSM-5 Guidebook

6. DSM-5 Essentials

giphy.gif

On 4/29/2021 at 4:40 AM, Mer said:

I loved the books (never seen the show tho, is it good?) but I refuse to read this book bc 

Hide contents

Love Quinn made the story for me. I don’t wanna read a 3rd instalment without her in it  

the show is good!!! i def recommend. you probaby won't like Love in the show tho lol. she's awful in it.

~INSTA1.gif