NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

I ordered a book three years ago and it still hasn‘t arrived. It’s always out of stock :trisha:

Today I have ordered Stolen Focus, has anyone already read it?

The Collected Works of Jim Morrison: Poetry, Journals, Transcripts, and Lyrics

Spoiler

cwojm.jpg

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

(Ok I KNOW I should be doing my plant post but it is too much work, maybe another day :toofloppy:)

I have been reading Umberto Eco's the Name Of the Rose for a while now. It is (supposed to be) a mystery novel happening in the 14th century in an abbey, but it is actually super laborious, the 600 pages are filled with talks about all the different branches of Christianity, heresy and debates to know if Jesus was against private property or not :derpna: my 2 brain cells can't bear with it :awk:

What a library the man had though :oprah2:

32 minutes ago, less said:

Umberto Eco's the Name Of the Rose

Aaah one of my favourite authors! I had enormous respect for his immense intellect. This man was a true genius. His way of thinking and talking has left its mark on me. Damn, I wasn't ready to get this emotional- marry me @less, we can spend our evenings reading his books :trisha:

I enjoyed reading "The Name of the Rose" - I am somewhat surprised that such a complex and complicated work could become an international bestseller. I wonder if that would still be possible today. Probably not :eek: But perhaps I am doing an injustice to our society. 

„Foucault's Pendulum“ was even more complex and difficult to understand, did you read it?

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

I'm halfway through and it's already one of my favorites ever

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

19 minutes ago, COCC said:

Aaah one of my favourite authors! I had enormous respect for his immense intellect. This man was a true genius.

Omg you need to make a video to explain to me everything about Umberto Eco so I can finish my reading in good conditions :legend:then we can marry and read his books ever after. It is my first Umberto Eco book and I am happy to know now what it is about, as I have met people who told me it was a masterpiece. It also has a lot of good ratings on goodreads, so it seems like people still enjoy it :oopna:

33 minutes ago, less said:

Omg you need to make a video to explain to me everything about Umberto Eco

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

28 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

umberto eco nation arise

:trisha:

b2223d48910104e186757a58da07acf91223bdbe

Finished reading this book yesterday in the mountains. All in all interesting- especially the parallels from the past to today. But the book could be a bit more self-critical - and to say that capitalism has helped the minorities the most... well :awk:

just finished the hacienda by isabel canas and for the LIFE of me i don't understand why people hate the ending so much........like girls it's realistic and a damn good ending too!! sorry you don't have an imagination or any love for realistic endings i guess

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

On 2/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, Surf Noir said:

gates of paradise by v.c andrews (still reading all of her books :bebe:) i believe this is the first book which was completely written by the ghost-writer, i'm sure v.c andrews herself had ideas for this part of the casteel series & he wrote the book based off of them, but i can definitely tell a difference in the writing, it doesn't seem as enjoyable to read, but hopefully once the story progresses, i'll enjoy it more, but i know that since all of the books by v.c andrews were written by the ghost-writer from this point on, they're all going to seem different 

i am now currently reading the prequel of the casteel series, “web of dreams”, i’m half-way through it, as you can tell i’m quite the procrastinator with books & i often take long breaks when it comes to reading :bebe: i like this one! i think it’s very well-written & formatted compared to “gates of paradise”, i’m convinced that v.c andrews had more outlines for this book which would make more sense, since it’s the prequel & in a way, sets the stage for the first book (which she did write) i still have plenty of v.c andrews books available to read, but some other books i’d like to read are carrie, by stephen king, lolita (of course, being aware that it’s pretty much a psychological horror) as well as poetry books, such as sylvia plath, edgar allan poe, & jim morrison

WGe8ynS.gif