NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

On 7/17/2022 at 3:41 PM, COCC said:

b2223d48910104e186757a58da07acf91223bdbe

Finished reading this book yesterday in the mountains. All in all interesting- especially the parallels from the past to today. But the book could be a bit more self-critical - and to say that capitalism has helped the minorities the most... well :awk:

anyone who says that is an idiot who has no idea what they're talking about.

Anyway I'm considering attempting to read Das Kapital again.

giphy.gif

On 7/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, COCC said:

b2223d48910104e186757a58da07acf91223bdbe

Finished reading this book yesterday in the mountains. All in all interesting- especially the parallels from the past to today. But the book could be a bit more self-critical - and to say that capitalism has helped the minorities the most... well :awk:

yeah, especially the minority of billionaires :mj2:

just finished a novella called the hole by hiroko oyamada.....fucking BIZARRE and a little creepy but it takes place during a heat wave which is perfect timing on my part

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

I started reading The Grapes of Wrath and the beginning is happening in Oklahoma ... - now if you've watched Interstellar they talk about the dust coming inside the house and sticking to every surface, on the food, in your eyes and your lungs - I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS REAL :toofunny: but the book mentions it too :defeated: The United States is a crazy country for real.

I’m rereading The Book Thief and it’s incredible. Maybe my favourite ever. I finished The Great Gatsby a month ago, and I’m hoping to read To Kill A Mockingbird after.

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

continuing my v.c andrews adventures 

i just finished reading dawn in just four days, i personally really liked this book & i was a little worried that i wouldn’t since this is the first series entirely written by the ghostwriter, but i thought it was really good, i’m excited to start secrets of the morning tomorrow & i’m determined to keep reading this series & to not fall out of interest & not read for a couple months :runs:

however, i think after this series, i’m gonna read something else before i start reading the ruby/landry series, just to give myself something different to read

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

On 8/11/2022 at 1:32 AM, kitsunegari101 said:

just finished a novella called the hole by hiroko oyamada.....fucking BIZARRE and a little creepy but it takes place during a heat wave which is perfect timing on my part

also read this but much preferred her other novella the factory- same hazy creepiness but imo more engaging narratively.

aOaIzH2.gif

6 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

also read this but much preferred her other novella the factory- same hazy creepiness but imo more engaging narratively.

royally pissed that none of my libraries have it, either physically or in ebook form!! tho tbh at this point i would read anything from her--i really loved her prose

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

Currently reading two books:

1. African Liberation Reader, vol. 1: The Anatomy of Colonialism compiled and edited by Aquino De Braganca and Immanuel Wallerstein 

2. A History of Africa 1918-1967

giphy.gif

I’m dying re-reading The Lovely Bones again, why do I do this to myself:trisha:if you haven’t read the book, idc if you’ve seen the movie it’s not the same at all, it just rips your heart out from page 1 and plays with it for a whole ass book

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, weinendersoldat said:

How is it? I thoroughly enjoyed my year of rest and relaxation

It's VERY different, but I Ottessa's writing style is definitely similar, so if you like that then you'll like it. Was a bit worried at first given the medieval setting, but it reads very similarly to my year of rest and relaxation. It took me a bit longer to get into this one, but once you're like 50 pages in and you realize where the plot is going, I think it picks up a lot!