NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

17 minutes ago, robertenglandgrant said:

It's VERY different, but I Ottessa's writing style is definitely similar, so if you like that then you'll like it. Was a bit worried at first given the medieval setting, but it reads very similarly to my year of rest and relaxation. It took me a bit longer to get into this one, but once you're like 50 pages in and you realize where the plot is going, I think it picks up a lot! 

Tyvm!

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

I just finished The Secret History by Donna Tartt and had the most amazing reading experience! It is such an immersive book! I can't stop thinking about it, and I will probably read it again soon.

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47t2zyf0txl4fevwois3d

Just do it, don't wait

last summer, i tried reading under the dome by stephen king and liked it, but couldn't find myself understanding some important beats about it. so i wanna go back and finish it, maybe if i kept reading i'd end up liking it better.

also, really wanna read dune messiah, i hated it when i first tried it but i've heard the third book is fantastic, but the second book sets it up so i should finish it soon.

and the last one i'm tackling right now don't judge me is the outlander series, i'm on the second book right now, about a third of the way through it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

I just finished “my year of rest and relaxation” by Ottessa Moshfegha cause all the tiktok girlies told me too. It was interesting, just not what I expected 

its my favorite book its so good

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

4 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Have you read any other works by her? I’m thinking about reading lapvona next. I looked up a summary on it and thought it sounded good

that and eileen are on my reading list. if you like ottessa's writing style, you would love 'the new me', by halle butler. its so good.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

I am reading a book called The Time Regulation Institute ; this thing is 450 pages long. I am at page 280 and dude is finally talking about what we are here for, after being irrelevant for so long. It' kinda like I decided to write a book about my job - home help for old people - but first i wrote about my father, then my two first years of studies aka the two best years of my life, then an analysis of all the house moves I have done in this life, then I talked about that one friend, to finally come about the job in question :omfg2: lmaooo why writing things that have nothing to do with anything ???

The style is immaculate tho :lanasrs2:

Other than that I have read Gatsby this year and wow :illumilana: I recommend. The anxiety this character is feeling. Awesome to read

n.k. jemisin's broken earth trilogy– on book #2 rn and it's so good!

On 2/7/2023 at 3:10 AM, TropicoKitten said:

Have you read any other works by her? I’m thinking about reading lapvona next. I looked up a summary on it and thought it sounded good

lapvona is my fav book of hers (love some of her others books, hate others), but fyi it is extremely brutal 

aOaIzH2.gif

On topic, I'm currently reading F**ked My Way Up to the Top: The Complete Biography of Lana Del Rey Using Her Own Words. It's very thorough!! Over 400 pages of Lana lol.

I just started a new translation of the odyssey. It’s supposed to be more positive regarding the way it translates elements about the women in it so I have high hopes 

Tampa- Alissa Nutting (not sure I'm enjoying it, but her writing style is good)

Love in Time of Cholera- Gabriel García Márquez (a classic I'm reading out of nostalgia, the language is beautiful tho)

Don't Cry- Mary Gaitskill (love Mary and her sour and bitter style, and her short stories are easy to read) 

6046dcc8167841b077f41fa5f70fcc2486c5b122