NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

Have you read any of Angela Davis' works? She was my introduction to Marxism. I highly suggest Are Prisons Obsolete, Women Class & Race, Freedom Is A Constant Struggle, and The Meaning Of Freedom & Other Difficult Dialogues.

I haven't gotten around to reading her yet! I'll start with Are Prisons Obsolete!

giphy.gif

Lately I’ve been going to the library every week because it forces me to read more like I used to. Right now I’m reading a book called “The Golden Girls of MGM” by Jane Ellen Wayne. It’s all about the classic starlets from the 30s and 40s. I always love stories of classic hollywood because everything was crazy af all the time, especially during pre-code. So far, this book has made me feel such a kindred connection to Norma Shearer, whom I knew almost nothing about beforehand. I definitely recommend this book for anyone really. I’ve only had it for a day and I can’t put it down.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

i finished cmbyn also i'm starting with Clementine by Clara Cortés and i'm probably re-reading little women and little men 'cause it's been so long since i did

i finished it a few days ago, i'm reading the house on mango street by sandra cisneros now, also still thinking about re-reading little women

update (02/02/2020, spain's time-zone): i just finished the house on mango street

Edited by callmedecember

giphy.gif

Just finished Atomic Habits which was honestly worth the hype. There were a bunch of books on this topic of habit formation and how to be more productive and I'm glad I picked this one. Definitely some concrete tips to help you build systems in your life to make time for what is important to you. 519CndhzviL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Now reading Slouching Towards Bethlehem. I haven't really dipped into fiction, I want to read something based in 50s-70s America next does anyone know anything good?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

just started reading the alienist by caleb carr and i'm only 50 pages in but honestly? dr kreizler could get it

kiiiiiinda tempted by the tv series but i know they're not gonna leave disability rep in (this is hollywood after all) so i'm a bit :/ over that

BopAxLE.png

sumer is icumen in, lhude sing cuccu

groweþ sed and bloweþ med and springþ þ wde nu

sing cuccu!

i read The Flower by Louise Erdrich and i read Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot this morning, i didn't like that much the first one (2 stars out of 5) but T.S. Eliot's one was kinda funny, i still wonder how they could make a musical and a movie out of it (and why)

giphy.gif

Anna Karenina- Tolstoy

AMAZING...! Still reading but I'm in love with the character Levin, like really really really in love lol. I wish I could marry a man like him, so perfect

Either/Or - Kierkegaard

I'd also like to marry a man like Kierkegaard...

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland- Lewis Carroll 

I hope when I'm in heaven I will have an experience like Alice does in wonderland

i finished this modern love today, now i'm starting cometierra by dolores reyes

i finished cometierra a few days ago, and yesterday i started a spanish poetry book called "la soledad de un cuerpo acostumbrado a la herida" by elvira sastre which i just finished

giphy.gif

UjQfxYO.jpg

Seen #showusyourshelves trending earlier people showing what books they have or read, embarrassigly I have a few books but out of all them i've only ever read 2 and 1 is not even an actual book its bout 80 pages and they are poems(The Tupac one) :flop: the other one was the first Hunger Games book which I read before watching the movie and then was going to read the other two but never and just watched the movies instead. :facepalm:

I bought probably half myself and others gifts or ones my dad gave me but I can never bring myself to start reading one even though I buy new ones and say I will definitely read it weeks pass, then months, then years. I am too easily distracted and never in the frame of mind to sit reading :crai:

I will hopefully start one tomorrow probably the Gucci Mane one which I bought thinking I need to get into reading more and need to read this  like 2 years ago.