NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

i just finished dear ijeawele by chimamanda ngozi adichie, i'm still reading two boys kissing, also yesterday it was my bday and i got battle royale by koushun takami and a darker shade of magic by v.e. schwab (these are both in their spanish versions)

giphy.gif

I just finished reading, and would recommend, the absolute downer that is "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" by Raymond Carver. Each story ends on a long sad exhale, carrying emotions that are brutally honest but somehow predictable and disappointing at the same time. It's several bleak short stories that really hit the mark on the shared experiences of ordinary, lonely people.

Love is wonderful, but these stories really reflect on how hard it sometimes can be to keep an optimistic outlook in what it takes to love somebody, unquestionably, every day. It came out in the 80s but blah blah snake person nihilism it still feels relevant etc etc.

Carver's poetry is just as depressing and amazing. Check out his poem - Wine - to get a feel of his writing. 

For three days Alexander mourned. Wept. Refused food.

"Refused to see to his bodily needs."

He even promised to give up wine forever.
(I've heard such promises and the lamentations that go with them.)

. . . 

And when the pyre was burning and the bowls of wine were
passed his way during the ceremony?

Of course, what do you think?

Alexander drank his fill and passed out. 

3lfQEhw.png

i basically gave up on two boys kissing so now i'm reading entre dos universos by andrea tomé and a darker shade of magic, also i'm reading the sabrina comics that i hadn't read yet

I'm really interested in Two Boys Kissing - how come you gave up on it? How was it, and how did you lose interest? 

3lfQEhw.png

I'm really interested in Two Boys Kissing - how come you gave up on it? How was it, and how did you lose interest? 

i didn't really click with it, i really like david levithan's books but this one.......maybe it's not the time but i read about 20 pages and it was taking me a lot of energy to pick my kindle and keep reading, maybe i'll try in another moment but for now i'd rather read other things

giphy.gif

The Margot Affair by Sanaë Lemoine. I’m only 1/3rd of the way thru and so far it’s beautifully written. Hope to finish it soon, but it’s midterm szn....

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift