NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis. (Autobio of the lead singer of The Red Hot Chili Peppers) So far it puts a lot of perspective on his state of mind when the early albums were created. I’ve been listening to the songs as they come up in the book. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Into The Wild

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

16 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Oh, I like Goethe. I haven't read anything in a long time, but my favorite book of his is "The Sorrows of Young Werther".

That's a classic :wub: I had to read it for uni and since I loved it so much I decided to branch out and delve some more into his works. I'm 70 pages into "Elective affinities" right now and so far I like it :)

On 1/30/2022 at 10:42 AM, rightofjupiter said:

To paradise by hanya yanighara and it’s so goooood

Omg I'm reading A Little Life right now :toofunny: I recently finished her first book The People In The Trees, I'm excited for To Paradise next!

On 2/2/2022 at 3:29 PM, Fart Deco said:

The Secret History by Donna Tartt (in my Dark Academia era)

You should read The Little Friend by her, it's incredible!

I'm rereading The Perks of Being a Wallflower for what feels like the thousandth time. I first found the book on my 13th birthday and ever since I finished it about a week later, I've held it so close to my heart. I had never really related to a character before I found Charlie and it's my go-to book whenever I just need something to read (and don't even get me started on how much I love the movie)

imageproxy.jpg

gates of paradise by v.c andrews (still reading all of her books :bebe:) i believe this is the first book which was completely written by the ghost-writer, i'm sure v.c andrews herself had ideas for this part of the casteel series & he wrote the book based off of them, but i can definitely tell a difference in the writing, it doesn't seem as enjoyable to read, but hopefully once the story progresses, i'll enjoy it more, but i know that since all of the books by v.c andrews were written by the ghost-writer from this point on, they're all going to seem different 

WGe8ynS.gif

38 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Omg I'm reading A Little Life right now :toofunny: I recently finished her first book The People In The Trees, I'm excited for To Paradise next!

omggg well enjoy the 1000 good cries the book will give you! i couldn't put it down when i read it. the people in the trees is terrific too, and to paradise is imo excellent (got mixed reviews but i loved it, esp after i read an interview where the author talked about shame as one of its central connecting themes).

aOaIzH2.gif

2 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

omggg well enjoy the 1000 good cries the book will give you! i couldn't put it down when i read it. the people in the trees is terrific too, and to paradise is imo excellent (got mixed reviews but i loved it, esp after i read an interview where the author talked about shame as one of its central connecting themes).

I'm only a third of the way through and it's already devastating :ohno: