NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

23 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i am so excited to read red comet by heather clark, the new biography on sylvia plath :trisha: 

i didn’t love it and put it down after 100 pages but maybe I should try again…I just wanted it to be better. Also tbh don’t need the close readings of plath’s childhood poems. 

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

i didn’t love it and put it down after 100 pages but maybe I should try again…I just wanted it to be better. Also tbh don’t need the close readings of plath’s childhood poems. 

omg!!! i hate desperately wanting to love a book yet here i am

mUENGN9.png

After weeks of searching for an immersive high fantasy book, I caved and just started Priory of the Orange Tree

fingers crossed that I’ll like it!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i just finished A Ballad Of Songbirds and Snakes and now i’m in my feels

The Hunger Games (books and movies) played a MASSIVE role when i was a teenager, with the movies coming out when i was in high school. it’s a series i hold near and dear to my heart, and i’m so sad to see it finally over. 

negAbhB.png

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I just finished A Little Life, I am distraught :defeated:

Can you recommend it? I hate the cover so much that I never bothered to read the back cover :bebe:

Rn I‘m reading „Vanishing New York- How a great city lost its soul“. Basically a big warning against hyper-gentrification.

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

Can you recommend it? I hate the cover so much that I never bothered to read the back cover :bebe:

Rn I‘m reading „Vanishing New York- How a great city lost its soul“. Basically a big warning against hyper-gentrification.

Haha I know the cover threw me off for a while but I got over it eventually. I would recommended only to certain people. I thought it was incredible but it depends on what kind of books you tend to read, it is extremely upsetting and devastating. So if you read a lot and are fine with super heavy subject matter, then yes I definitely recommend but proceed with caution because it is definitely very sad and disturbing.

Vanishing New York looks interesting!

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Haha I know the cover threw me off for a while but I got over it eventually. I would recommended only to certain people. I thought it was incredible but it depends on what kind of books you tend to read, it is extremely upsetting and devastating. So if you read a lot and are fine with super heavy subject matter, then yes I definitely recommend but proceed with caution because it is definitely very sad and disturbing.

I will put it on my list! I read so many books last year that destroyed me. Song of Achilles. Flowers for Algernon. Alle, außer mir (I think this one hasn‘t been translated yet), The Story of the Lost Child. I think I can take one more :wowcry:

15 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

The only novel I've been reading for many years is The Count of Monte Cristo. I'm stuck somewhere in the middle and really only read when I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's or something.

Can you even remember the storyline every time you start reading again? :hide:

40 minutes ago, COCC said:

Can you even remember the storyline every time you start reading again? :hide:

my biggest problem is to remember the characters and what was in their mind in the last weeks or months :defeated: it's so demotivating, but I can't start reading another book before I've finished this 1500 page opus

I really wanna get more into mysteries/thrillers so I'm going to get the You books today and I wanna read through the Millinium series (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)

i've been really into fantasy lately and finished the first three Wheel of Time books and the first Outlander book but haven't dove back into those judy yet. i needed something different for a while so i've been taking a reading break. i tried to get into House of Earth & Blood by Sarah J Maas but couldn't get into it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole