NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

twilight's child by v.c andrews... yes, i'm still trying to read through all of the v.c andrews books i have around... this is a process which is taking years because sometimes i'll go months without reading anything, i may want to find something different to read before i start the next series after this one (also, i'm aware these books aren't necessarily literary masterpieces but they sure are entertaining!)

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

On 3/28/2023 at 5:04 AM, legotrip said:

On topic, I'm currently reading F**ked My Way Up to the Top: The Complete Biography of Lana Del Rey Using Her Own Words. It's very thorough!! Over 400 pages of Lana lol.

:eartha2:

Capture.jpg

On 4/3/2023 at 3:12 AM, Surf Noir said:

twilight's child by v.c andrews... yes, i'm still trying to read through all of the v.c andrews books i have around... this is a process which is taking years because sometimes i'll go months without reading anything, i may want to find something different to read before i start the next series after this one (also, i'm aware these books aren't necessarily literary masterpieces but they sure are entertaining!)

Omg I remember starting to read her books at such a young age, which I’m discovering seems to be a bit of a common theme… :eek3:

Which are your faves?! x

4 minutes ago, Morning Belle said:

Omg I remember starting to read her books at such a young age, which I’m discovering seems to be a bit of a common theme… :eek3:

Which are your faves?! x

lol yeah it seems like a lot of people discover those books when they're quite young! i don't think i started reading her books until i was around 17, which is probably not the worst!

i would say that my favorites are petals on the wind, my sweet audrina, and web of dreams, i really like pretty much all of the ones i've read so far, but if i had to pick least-favorites, i'd go with if there be thorns (primarily because it's just from the point-of-view of the boys and i just prefer it being from the girl/main-protagonist of the story) and gates of paradise

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Over the weekend I read My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh. Not very deep, but quite a fun, quirky read. It definitely tries to be deeper than it really is, but if you ignore the pretension of its themes, it can be enjoyable.  

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lol yeah it seems like a lot of people discover those books when they're quite young! i don't think i started reading her books until i was around 17, which is probably not the worst!

i would say that my favorites are petals on the wind, my sweet audrina, and web of dreams, i really like pretty much all of the ones i've read so far, but if i had to pick least-favorites, i'd go with if there be thorns (primarily because it's just from the point-of-view of the boys and i just prefer it being from the girl/main-protagonist of the story) and gates of paradise

Ah that’s a sensible age, my older sisters handed the books down to me when I was about 12. Rite of passage or something.  

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Flowers in the Attic & Petals in the Wind are to this day my favorite books of all time. I read them when I was 12 and just became obsessed. I looooove me some Vc andrews🙌🏻

1 minute ago, Mer said:

Over the weekend I read My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh. Not very deep, but quite a fun, quirky read. It definitely tries to be deeper than it really is, but if you ignore the pretension of its themes, it can be enjoyable.  

Yeah I found it quite funny in parts, read it a few years ago and for some reason I’m having trouble remembering my reaction to it, maybe it deserves a reread… 

Nabokov- Invitation to a beheading

I am half way in and this book is truly intriguing. Has anyone else read it?

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

I'm currently reading Rouge by Mona Awad and I love it even more than Bunny! I can totally recommend it to all Lana fans because it has a very melancholic yet beautiful vibe. However there is an insane amount of Tom Cruise in this book for some reason... :wtf3:

the metamorphosis by kafka :crai: shit so real it brought me flashbacks and i read 70% in one day, the book was consuming me not otherwise :pray:

i also read it in polish which is my native language 

13 hours ago, filanity said:

I'm currently reading Rouge by Mona Awad and I love it even more than Bunny! I can totally recommend it to all Lana fans because it has a very melancholic yet beautiful vibe. However there is an insane amount of Tom Cruise in this book for some reason... :wtf3:

If there's even a smidge of Tom Cruise its probably not for me. Haha. :P

I am halfway through Jack The Ripper Unmasked by William Beadle. If you want to shit yourself because of gore and suspense, you might like it. It moves slower than other Jack the Ripper books so maybe a little less excitement, and less crap in your pants?

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

the sea the sea by iris murdoch! i started it years ago and it’s a little hard to read at times because it can be a little “boring” i suppose, not sure how else i’d describe it. but the writing in this book is so beautiful and descriptive

giphy.gif