Sign in to follow this  
FLA to the Moon

Lust For Life Album Trailer!

I play a lot of Lana instrumentals while I work, and I just realised that the backing track on the trailer sounds kind of similar to Big Bad Wolf v2's instrumental.. I've always loved that instrumental & how haunting that track is. I'm so excited for more creepy tracks.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I have a feeling this was just meant as an album announcement, and we might get the sampler featuring snippets of new songs later

I'd like that idea so much. Imagine if she used Love outtakes/deleted scenes etc Kinda like what the UV sampler did     :smile2:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

the first thing i noticed, isn't this the same bow from early 2013? lanadelrey_february52013.jpg

THE TRAILER. SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. SHE'S ACTING WEIRD AND WITCHY. THE BACKING TRACK OHHHH MY GOD. HER LOVELY VOICE. & SHE'S WEARING THE SAME BOW AS SHE IS IN ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE CANDID LOOKS. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS HAUNTING ERA.

rity2.jpg

The video reminds me a lot of The Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror rides at Disney World. Also, my roommate watched the video and said "Awh. She is everybody's mom."  :lel:

:creep:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Ok, I'm ready to be obsessed with this era.

I'm so excited, this is pretty different from what she done before and I love it, the story on the teaser attracts me so much and I love the b&w look too, it reminds me of Ultraviolence, the Hollywood and galaxy/moon theme is so so amazing I can't even express how I feel ):

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

I swear the idea of someone living inside the Hollywood sign is lifted from somewhere, but I can't place it.  :ohno:

perhaps maybe subtle reference to Peg Entwistle who committed suicide by jumping off the the Hollywood sign H

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I play a lot of Lana instrumentals while I work, and I just realised that the backing track on the trailer sounds kind of similar to Big Bad Wolf v2's instrumental.. I've always loved that instrumental & how haunting that track is. I'm so excited for more creepy tracks.

Hey love, where did you get the instrumental for BBW from? i love that version 

Lana talked about this album being "political". But from this album trailer and the lyrics to "Love", I get that sense that while she might employ some political imagery (like Mt. Rushmore crumbling, Lady Liberty's flame snuffed out) in her videos, aside from a few vague platitudes (like "signals crossing can get confusing", "it's enough just to make you go crazy", "seen so much you could get the blues") her lyrics will be fundamentally escapist.

I sincerely hope not. When she manages to avoid cliche, like on QOTGS for instance, she can depict broken-down America very evocatively. She needn't pen an anthem like "For You" (her most political song), but I would love to see her get very political on this album, but through story-telling, painting a picture.

I'd also love to see it from a standpoint of personal and artistic growth. Despite whatever withering media criticism she may have endured, Lana has led a pretty privileged life and her music seems like escapist fantasy even when grounded in some reality. I would like to see some lyric-writing that is rooted in the real world even if spun from whole cloth.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

omg i'm so excited cause I know this is going to be her best album

this was their first & last & only ever comment

i wonder how they feel about the album now x