Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Regardless if real or fake. Yeah, it totally matters for the cover to reflect the music. And there IS too much noise for an album artwork. Her name barely shows. Sadly, this does look like something she woukd put out lately. Being she used that steelfish font for "Love" too.

Well, actually, considering love was basically the exact same composition but with just a little bit less, it's a plausible design.

The font isn't amazing but thinking it's worse aesthetically than honeymoon is wrong on a moral level. I just can't. The red and blue. I get shell shock.

I cried when that shit leaked. This is alright in my opinion. At least it's not got the most disgusting colour palette in the world.

TBH ngl I don't think this is an iggy pop reference? Has she even even brought him up as inspiration ever?

She's a big fan of Bowie and Lou and Iggy is like the third member of their trio, anyone who likes that 70s era of music and particularly those two artists is probably into or at least has an appreciation for Iggy, she definitely knows the album name is referencing Iggy Pop's album

giphy.gif

She's a big fan of Bowie and Lou and Iggy is like the third member of their trio, anyone who likes that 70s era of music and particularly those two artists is probably into or at least has an appreciation for Iggy, she definitely knows the album name is referencing Iggy Pop's album

I think she will obviously know iggy and potentially his album but I just don't think it's referencing that. It's just not up her street that much. I don't think she'd take the entire name of another artists album.

"Lust for Life" is a saying, anyway. If she called her next album "Like Clockwork" for example, would it be a QOTSA reference? Probably not, just another common saying used coincidentally.

She's never even brought him up once too. If she really liked iggy she probs would have referenced him before or spoke about him like Lou or David? If you google them the only thing that comes up is iggy's appreciation of Lana.

(Also I am low-key salty cause some twat on an NME article commented about how Lana was unoriginal for coping the album title so this is where my defense comes from, mostly cause I doubt it's a reference at that person shouldn't have been so up themselves lmao)

I think she will obviously know iggy and potentially his album but I just don't think it's referencing that. It's just not up her street that much. I don't think she'd take the entire name of another artists album.

"Lust for Life" is a saying, anyway. If she called her next album "Like Clockwork" for example, would it be a QOTSA reference? Probably not, just another common saying used coincidentally.

She's never even brought him up once too. If she really liked iggy she probs would have referenced him before or spoke about him like Lou or David? If you google them the only thing that comes up is iggy's appreciation of Lana.

(Also I am low-key salty cause some twat on an NME article commented about how Lana was unoriginal for coping the album title so this is where my defense comes from, mostly cause I doubt it's a reference at that person shouldn't have been so up themselves lmao)

I agree. Plus, Lust For Life has the same vibe as Born To Die. I think Lana is happier and focusing on the fans so it would make sense the title is all her own

found this on coverlandia. cute

Where did you get this?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Exactly it's just China palace bullshit.

Also can someone fill me in on the China palace long run? Everytime I think the fucker definitely isn't Lana he always leaks some bullshit that makes me think "oh fuck". Has China palace ever indefinitely been debunked?

Hope Lana makes another account for this album just to fuck China over. My god.

He's never leaked anything except for snippets of Love which many people already had. Everything he gets has already been posted on some more obscure account. A bullshit account, first he tried to be Lana, then he said he wasn't Lana, and now he said he sold the account to Lana and she runs it. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I agree. Plus, Lust For Life has the same vibe as Born To Die. I think Lana is happier and focusing on the fans so it would make sense the title is all her own

Where did you get this?

That was another thing too. A lot of people are saying lana's come full circle, you know? Kind of like in the sense she's pulled herself/her fans out of this depressive mindset.

Idk what if she's got like a five stages of grief thing going on?

That one was a long shot but still.

Denial - Born to Die/Paradise

Anger - Ultraviolence

Bargaining/Depression - Honeymoon

Acceptance - Lust for Life

It's a long shot and obviously Lana never planned it but hey, it's a cute concept that works out well so if y'all ever wanted an edit/photoshop/fan art theme there it is free of charge hahaha.

Yeah no I agree, I don't think she's referencing his album or even him as an artist (nor would it mean that with any other titles) it's also just a saying but just discussing that I'm pretty sure she does know there is a reference. But regardless even if she hasn't talked about him it doesn't mean she's not a fan

giphy.gif

Why do we have to bring Jorge into every fucking thread oh my god.. Shut up

Because there's always some random person that believes he's actually Lana and posts his shit as legit info which just confuses more people

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

He's never leaked anything except for snippets of Love which many people already had. Everything he gets has already been posted on some more obscure account. A bullshit account, first he tried to be Lana, then he said he wasn't Lana, and now he said he sold the account to Lana and she runs it.

Yeah that's clearly bullshit, thanks for the clairification - didn't know all the crap about him "selling the account". Ugh. What are the more obscure accounts then?

Where the hell do they get all this shit?

Is there like some kind of paedophile-ring-esque inner circle of Lana fans that exist to fuck everything up? :/

Why do we have to bring Jorge into every fucking thread oh my god.. Shut up

Soz for wanting to be educated Hun xxx not like you needed to respond or anything lmao

Omg I could listen to the album trailer for hours :flutter:

I'm getting Halloween vibes from it, but please let it be released in late spring/early summer! :defeated:

fA7WLoI.gif

Yeah no I agree, I don't think she's referencing his album or even him as an artist (nor would it mean that with any other titles) it's also just a saying but just discussing that I'm pretty sure she does know there is a reference. But regardless even if she hasn't talked about him it doesn't mean she's not a fan

But artists she LOVED she typically referenced all over the damn shop. Morrison, Monroe, LZ, etc. She just hasn't even mentioned him at all so that's what gives me reach vibes.