Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Why do you guys think that she will release something at midnight? I'm kind of lost lol

Because of this tweet: https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/834964849264205825

On the second date she posted this right at midnight which indicated her collab w The Weeknd

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/845893135494369281

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Why do you guys think that she will release something at midnight? I'm kind of lost lol

not necesarily release anything, just tonights the next witch date so something (minor or major idk) will happen

Nothing happen. Well, that was disappointing.

She must be doing something else.

There are still 2 hours left

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I will ignore the critics entirely in this era. Everything, good or bad, was said before and there is nothing relevant that they can say anymore about her. Fantano hates her music or at least he needs to keep it that way for his audience. What you expect from a guy who thinks that the experimental noise of the Death Grips is great "music"?

One thing crossed my mind regarding her success this era. I have to say that before this era started, I expected a promotion strategy similar with the HM era with little radio play and no tv performances. I thought that she'll continue her strategy of eschewing the GP and that she will come out with music that will continue the alternative trend of UV and HM aimed at her loyal audience. Love had a brighter sound but wasn't top40 pop, and than, unexpectedly, she put out LFL which is an unabashed pop tune. I expected that her collaboration with Abel will be more in the Stargirl interlude mold, so I was really surprised. In my book, LFL is more top40 pop than anything she put out so far including BTD. My point is that with that kind of music maximum publicity (television, radio, Spotify payola) is a must. These type songs are meant to energize the public for brief period and than fade away. It's one thing to sing WC or SoC type of songs only at festivals but LFL is meant to be on the radio and generate as much hype as it possible to sell the album. What I sense from the information we have is that LFL (the album) is a mix between typical Lana alternative sound and top40 pop (she said that she has more songs like LFL). So far I don't see anything happening in promoting LFL (there is still time) and I fear that a HM promotion strategy combined with a lighter, pop album could really backfire critically and commercially. As a fan I can contribute to her success by buying her music or promoting her to my friends but the rest it is Lana's and her team's business and I hope that they have a sound strategy this time around.

guess she forgot

I'm probably being dumb but I thought my it'd be today's midnight as in the night OF the 24th not the midnight where it TURNS to the 24th?

Actually just thought about it and nahhhh lol