Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

IMHO - In my hoe opinion? 

LMFAO I'm not a hoe I'm a whore. And I stand by what I said Carti is generic trash. I don't know why Lana couldn't get another rapper to hop on Groupie Love & Summer Bummer real quick. She could get 6lack or Logic or someone else to be on the record.

ruZKe8V.gif

IMHO - In my hoe opinion?

I live for this site

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Yes it was, those things you're thinking of on PPL are other attempts (but still that's not even confirmed if they really are). It's considered one take if the full entire thing is done without stopping. 

Also this is why this is the most pitch-corrected song on the album.

no?? the final was 1 take.

I was just listening to Video Games in my car on my way home and then I thought about how it contrasts so heavily next to Summer Bummer and other more hip-hop-influenced songs like OTTR, National Anthem, HBTB, Freak, etc. yet there is no doubt, when listening to each song, that it is a trademark Lana Del Rey song.

Lana is so admirable as an artist because she is truly so ethereal and signature. This is old news, of course but it really struck me today. It doesn't matter if Lana's making psychedelic rock music on Ultraviolence, futuristic jazz with Freak and Sad Girl, trip-hop with HBTB, hip-hop with Summer Bummer, classical cinematic with Young & Beautiful, Video Games, Swan Song, etc. It always has that Lana Del Rey signature, not simply because of her distinct voice, but because she somehow always manages to include some type of touch in the production and conviction of the instrumental to create a captivating atmosphere. Her music engulfs you regardless of the genre she's dabbling in. It demands full attention, limited distractions. It's not just music, but a full experience. Perhaps this is why Radio has never really welcomed Lana even with her more radio-friendly tracks. Her music is far too intelligent and artistic for the masses. Her music would drown out everything else on the radio. It would stick out like a beautifully manicured thumb among the rest of the generic shit you hear on Top 40.

And what's so great is that Lana's albums all feed off one another, not just thematically, but in terms of their soul and their richness. BTD was my favorite album of all time up until Ultraviolence fully grew on me. And once I fell in love with UV, I began to appreciate BTD even more (never thought that was possible) and when Honeymoon was released, albeit it to much less initial excitement, I eventually grew to love it so much (took me until this year tbh) and now when I listen to Honeymoon, I fall in love with UV and BTD even more. It's as if every addition to Lana's officially released music discography is so epic and it's all meant to end as one large opus, a novel.

Lust For Life will be so different from her past albums but I'm not worried at all about how it'll compare to the others because that's not the point. Every album is exactly what it is supposed to be and when bunched together with the rest of her albums, it'll sound even more beautiful. It's all meant to be as one. And let's be honest, it's Lana. Not matter what she does, she never pulls off being able to completely disappoint us. I thought she had done with with Honeymoon, but 2 years down the line and I can't imagine I was ever immature and selfish enough to consider that album anything less than genius. I can't wait for LFL because I know it'll make sense.

Sorry for this extensive post but I just love my girl so much and it really hit me today. I'm gonna go listen to UV in full now. :smokes:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

So just as a record recap tho, we've gotten loads of news about the new 2 tracks coming up on the 12th.

Love and LFL were already released. So was Coachella.

Yosemite is always talked about, but doesn't seem to be on the record, changed name hopefully

Change is mystifying. Cherry and White Mustang are pole dance-worthy.

Wonder how the rest of the album is going to actually sound. We've gotten descriptions of them, but of course more descriptions can paint a better soundscape and picture.

11 days til . . .  :cumming:  :runs:

UV/Honeymoon

So just as a record recap tho, we've gotten loads of news about the new 2 tracks coming up on the 12th.

Yosemite is always talked about, but doesn't seem to be on the record, changed name hopefully

Wonder how the rest of the album is going to actually sound. We've gotten descriptions of them, but of course more descriptions can paint a better soundscape and picture.

I'm almost sure Yosemite has to be there somehow... either it really is Get Free, Heroin or In My Feelings or the track is an exclusive of some sort (only for some countries, only for a certain platform or store), or maybe there really is a deluxe version with Architecture. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I'm almost sure Yosemite has to be there somehow... either it really is Get Free, Heroin or In My Feelings or the track is an exclusive of some sort (only for some countries, only for a certain platform or store), or maybe there really is a deluxe version with Architecture. 

The pain of not knowing is a bit of a tease, but a nice one imo.

- Deluxe?

- Target? 

- Stand alone track?

I do think it'd be beautiful if it were "In My Feelings", something so delicate as someone's emotions peaking as high like Yosemite, that's a connection I was thinking of. Heroin, it sounds fragile too, but I'm wondering how she'd play it out, comparing love to a drug, without having it sound like a cliche*

UV/Honeymoon

I can't believe it's basically only a few hours until we get an official tracklist. I wonder if there will be any changes from the one we have, considering the Yosemite deal.

Also, a funny lil fact. I follow a Disney Channel actress named Dove Cameron on insta, and almost every photo she posts has a Lana lyric as a caption. I suspect a famous stan

The pain of not knowing is a bit of a tease, but a nice one imo.

- Deluxe?

- Target? 

- Stand alone track?

I do think it'd be beautiful if it were "In My Feelings", something so delicate as someone's emotions peaking as high like Yosemite, that's a connection I was thinking of. Heroin, it sounds fragile too, but I'm wondering how she'd play it out, comparing love to a drug, without having it sound like a cliche*

It would be cool it it were In My Feelings but since it's between Groupie Love and Coachella it would be kinda anticlimactic, lol. Get Free seems to be talking about freedom and in Yosemite she uses "free" as not using money (I think), and Heroin is suspected to be the cover (but I don't think the sound or the lyrics fit tbh) So I don't know what to expect  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

It would be cool it it were In My Feelings but since it's between Groupie Love and Coachella it would be kinda anticlimactic, lol. Get Free seems to be talking about freedom and in Yosemite she uses "free" as not using money (I think), and Heroin is suspected to be the cover (but I don't think the sound or the lyrics fit tbh) So I don't know what to expect  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Oh that's true! 

That makes sense too, I could see that. Heroin as the cover tho? I thought it was a new track right? Or... same here tho ahahahahaha  :oic:

UV/Honeymoon

That speculation went out the door when we got the registrations. It's an original.

Oh that's true! 

That makes sense too, I could see that. Heroin as the cover tho? I thought it was a new track right? Or... same here tho ahahahahaha  :oic:

Yes, VU's song is like 7 minutes and Lana's is one minute shorter. So it's either a shorter cover or a new song. Like I said, the song wouldn't fit the album in any way so personally, I don't think it's a cover. Also maybe her label made her change the title to a more exciting one (Yosemite is cool though) like her old label made her change The Ocean to Kill Kill, idk.

Edit: forget about her label changing the titles, if that were the case, Coachella and GBA wouldn't have those titles  :lmao:

Lana loves Velvet Undergroud, Heroin is obviously the cover. It’s actually the track I’m looking most forward to

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Heroin is not a cover. Bookmark me. It is definitely an original.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

dont forget the new york sounding, anthemic and big sounds off GBA that the interviewer supposedly got said vibes from,

and how Lana n Stevie trade verses powerfully on BPBP

and i remember there being more descriptions about TNC but ill have to go check to see if i can find it :flutter:

Yes, VU's song is like 7 minutes and Lana's is one minute shorter. So it's either a shorter cover or a new song. Like I said, the song wouldn't fit the album in any way so personally, I don't think it's a cover. Also maybe her label made her change the title to a more exciting one (Yosemite is cool though) like her old label made her change The Ocean to Kill Kill, idk.

didnt she change the title bc the guy she was working with was being a prick? im probably way off and sucked into a myth but afaik i thought thats why; i doubt they would make her change it to kill kill

+ correct me if im wrong (highly likely here) but didnt someone say that the original song has a long ass outro? maybe she could've cut that out? I like her current formula for album creations from UV n HM to now ( a la entrance single, promo single, the third track is a long masterpiece, always a cover) 

so i kinda hope heroin is a cover? but its also really dark and idk (im racking my head for the track order) if it would be a good ender to cover a song that dark... 

however I still wish she would've covered Strawberry Fields Forever, with folky highish vocals from Groupie Love on a track like that to close off the album? id be in absolute fucking heavennnnnn