Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

dont forget the new york sounding, anthemic and big sounds off GBA that the interviewer supposedly got said vibes from,

and how Lana n Stevie trade verses powerfully on BPBP

and i remember there being more descriptions about TNC but ill have to go check to see if i can find it :flutter:

didnt she change the title bc the guy she was working with was being a prick? im probably way off and sucked into a myth but afaik i thought thats why; i doubt they would make her change it to kill kill

"The lyrics of "Kill Kill" were written by Grant while the production was handled by David Kahne. The song speaks about a relationship where Del Rey is "in love with a dying man". The original titled for the song was "The Ocean", but the producer of the song, Kahne, found that titled boring and told Grant to change it. Grant, while angry crossed out the title with x's and wrote "kill kill". That title soon became the name of the song and later her debut EP." 

That's according to Lanapedia

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

dont forget the new york sounding, anthemic and big sounds off GBA that the interviewer supposedly got said vibes from,

and i remember there being more descriptions about TNC but ill have to go check to see if i can find it :flutter:

It was described as having a very lively, quirky production that features heavy instrumentation such as lap steel, vibraphone, harpsichord, mellatron strings, upright bass, and 12-string guitar. We've never heard Lana with lap steel or vibraphone. Those instruments are typically used in country/folk music. Still not so sure how I feel about Sean Lennon's voice. It's actually higher than Lana's.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

"The lyrics of "Kill Kill" were written by Grant while the production was handled by David Kahne. The song speaks about a relationship where Del Rey is "in love with a dying man". The original titled for the song was "The Ocean", but the producer of the song, Kahne, found that titled boring and told Grant to change it. Grant, while angry crossed out the title with x's and wrote "kill kill". That title soon became the name of the song and later her debut EP." 

That's according to Lanapedia

fuck yea go lana u did amazing sweetie

Yes, VU's song is like 7 minutes and Lana's is one minute shorter. So it's either a shorter cover or a new song. Like I said, the song wouldn't fit the album in any way so personally, I don't think it's a cover. Also maybe her label made her change the title to a more exciting one (Yosemite is cool though) like her old label made her change The Ocean to Kill Kill, idk.

Edit: forget about her label changing the titles, if that were the case, Coachella and GBA wouldn't have those titles  :lmao:

Probs new yeah, and Idk Yosemite sounds more timeless, but I can understand if her label wanted it changed, I mean, she collab'd with The Weeknd and others too this record, so it wouldn't sound as crazy if that did happen. 

Coachella sort of redeems itself in the chorus and that outroooo and GBA, let's hope it does too  :yesnod:

UV/Honeymoon

It was described as having a very lively, quirky production that features heavy instrumentation such as lap steel, vibraphone, harpsichord, mellatron strings, upright bass, and 12-string guitar. We've never heard Lana with lap steel or vibraphone. Those instruments are typically used in country/folk music. Still not so sure how I feel about Sean Lennon's voice. It's actually higher than Lana's.

my woefully instrumentally ignorant ass has 0 idea what the heck any of those are but im excited nonetheless :flutter:

YES. The more facts the better, slay me Salvo  :justride2: 

Sounds good  :dance:

UV/Honeymoon

Probs new yeah, and Idk Yosemite sounds more timeless, but I can understand if her label wanted it changed, I mean, she collab'd with The Weeknd and others too this record, so it wouldn't sound as crazy if that did happen. 

Coachella sort of redeems itself in the chorus and that outroooo and GBA, let's hope it does too  :yesnod:

GBA will be orgasmic, I can feel it  :defeated:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

ughhGHHHH its so PERFECT FOR HER

btw ik this isn't the most 'official' version, its two separate ones spliced and mixed to keep a consistent speed; but its my favorite version :flutter:

I believe the reason Lana lengthened GBA to "God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It" is likely because it would become confused with the timeless American classic/anthem "God Bless America" and it would actually diminish the chance of the song being listed above the latter when searched for. Not like any hoe is about to type out that long ass title. Just a presumption.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Iconic sad girl Lana songs: Cherry, White Mustang

Folksier/acoustic Lana: Tomorrow Never Came, Yosemite (Get Free?) and possibly the Stevie Nicks collab

Hip-hop Lana: Summer Bummer, Groupie Love

Political love witch Lana: Love, When The World Was At War..., God Bless America, Coachella

Truly an album for every fan  :oprah:

Iconic sad girl Lana songs: Cherry, White Mustang

Folksier/acoustic Lana: Tomorrow Never Came, Yosemite (Get Free?) and possibly the Stevie Nicks collab

Hip-hop Lana: Summer Bummer, Groupie Love

Political love witch Lana: Love, When The World Was At War..., God Bless America, Coachella

Truly an album for every fan  :oprah:

And don't forget pure pop goddess Lana: Lust for Life (feat. The Weeknd)

If Heroin was a cover it would not be registered like that. Covers get registered with the person covering the song being added to the list of performers on the original song's registration.

Not on PPL

dzsfw.png

pwvbz.png

chdls.png