Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I swear Coachella on iTunes sounds more refined

I think it is. I got the Coachella download from the official store and I compared it to my Spotify version. It sounds more bassy and deep and it just sounds more pleasant to listen to.

sgopYhV.gif

LFL is ha ARTPOP

- Even messier management than ever before

- a leak starts the era

- the lead gets rush released

- The original concept changed

- fans do not like the music as much as before

- Summer Bummer is ha Jewels n Drugs

- Lana said the B-sides will find their place just like Gaga said she'll put out an Act 2

Edit:

since there are apparently some stupid people who don't get it, a lil disclaimer: its a joke.

image.png

This week is making me crazy, all that news... I'm mfin' HYPED.

I love Groupie Love more and more, what a grower.

Next week you will be dead because the album gets released.

Mfhp.gif

summer bummer's growing on me real fast and i loved groupie love since the snippets. i swear the prechorus is one of my favorite lana musical moments  :bodyisready:

Happy as the moonshine

I think it was crucial for me to accept that Lust for Life will definitly be Lanas weakest album compared to the rest of her official discography. I just had to get used to the fact that it generally will not have the same magic her prior records had and that there will be mediocre tracks or some that I actually really don't like. Songs like Cherry and White Mustang prove that there WILL be career-highlights but apart form those songs, everything else she released from L4L so far is artistic decay. But after I accepted that and stopped comparing it to BtD, Paradise, UV and HM, I could actually start to enjoy some tracks for what they are instead of being disappointed.

Summer Bummer is a fun song. It's messy and sounds stitched together - like some fanmade mashup - but it's still fun. The production is underwhelming - imagine how great the song would be if the beat would actually hit hard. But yeah, it's fun.

Groupie Love is cute, her vocals are nice. Nothing super exciting about this track but it's ok. Could have done without the rap-bridge but .. .yeah. It's nice.

I would have preferred getting the studio version of Cherry over both the tracks, but they are entertaining. So yeah, I'm not disappointed but it did not really suprise me in a way Cherry did.

I totally know where you're coming from and honestly it's how I've felt about everything she's released since BTD, but then everything grows on me and I fall in love with it. My initial reactions have been so put off for years but after multiple listens I adore everything she's put on the table. I say give it time and hopefully you'll end up loving what she's producing right now. I feel like it's very up in the air though, considering the number of features and how she's making an album "for the fans", but we'll see.

I actually think White Mustang will be a little on the weak side. Sounds a little boring a repetitive. I think the highlights are gonna be the ones towards the end of the album that we don't know that much about like BPBP, TNC, GBA, Get Free, and World at war. Or at least those are the ones I'm most excited for. The ones toward the beginning of the tracklist is obviously the pop side. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

imagine thinking lust for life is better than anything she's ever done

im optimistic and open minded. We havent even heard the full record (just 5 songs and 1 played live where we dont know how it sounds in the studio and 1 snippet out of the total 16 songs) and people are already saying it sucks

She released the worst singles for HM but the album turned out to be amazing. Idk why yall keep repeating history, its most likely gonna happen again

summer bummer is starting to grow on me a little bit

I think it's about getting in that kind of sexy/moody vibe to enjoy it like I am definitely more of a lush/love track like GL kinda gal but I was feeling summer bummer while I was getting ready earlier and now I'm a bit tipsy I can feel it more idk

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart: