Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

does anybody have a theory about what Heroin is about

I think the central theme is chaos, and the yearning to escape from chaos?

The chorus mentions a loved one who's life got messed up because of drugs and they had to be sent away to hopefully get "okay", and the different/altered chorus is about Lana escaping the country and her relationship with her "old man" as well as using medications to escape her own thoughts.

The verses she mentions how the streets are full of "soft decay" and how life sometimes stops her from being able to dream.

And then of course are the Manson references, how he can still be felt in the air, and how Lana wants to escape but she can't, she knows she'll stay another year because she's lost and/or stuck in a rut? 

But then comes that "marzipan" chorus and she finally does leave, hoping when she returns she'll have really changed....

And there's more chaos in the bridge with it being hot even in winter, and how the weather "made these kids go crazy",  writing with blood on the walls etc

And her final line is "I'd be lyin if I said I wasn't sick of it"

So yeah, that's my personal interpretation, the song has lots of little narratives woven into it but overall I personally think it's about the desire to escape chaos...

Again, this is just MY personal interpretation, everyone is welcome to think otherwise of course, I'm not trying to say that this IS exactly what the song is about, just my thoughts!  :kiss:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

We're gonna get a professionally recorded summer bummer performance :krylie:

Guys wait what ignore they won't film it but rather record her spotify session?!

Does anyone know when it's supposed to start and if someone's gonna periscope it ?

i76mrxw.png 

The fact Get Free has an extended-Outro made of instrumental...

She won't even need to edit any song to have a long-ass outro for her tour lol perfect closer.

is the linkin park gonna block lana from number 1 ?

I think it's unlikely that they'll rocket-up to #1 again... but who knows

Oh god Chester Bennington died  :(

is the linkin park gonna block lana from number 1 ?

It's possible tbh. We all know how an artist's work becomes praised when he/she dies.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Question: Who sings the last word "BEAUTIFUL" in BPBP..?

i think it's Stevie lana Stevie?

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Oh god Chester Bennington died :(

It's possible tbh. We all know how an artist's work becomes praised when he/she dies.

Imagine her peaking at 4 or 5 bc she's getting blocked by other releases and some Linkin Park Album(s). :deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png 

with the most respect , the linkin park latest album really sucks let's hope that talent wins 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

ngl I am judging u all based on where Tomorrow Never Came features in your rankings lol fucking life changing song I love the beatles and I love crosby stills and nash (which it gives me vibes of ) and lana's voice ends my life so I am just In Heaven

My fave song by Crosby & Nash :flutter: what's yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXLYSy321Y

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven