Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

My quick review after two listen throughs: 

Love - 6.5/10 Lana brought something unexpected with this track which was happiness and that makes it nice to listen to, but I don't think I will be coming back to it much 

Lust for Life - 7/10 It's sincerely a cute track. Not much depth but it's not trying to be deep.

13 Beaches - 8/10 When those beats kick in! Godly! Strings at the beginning I am uncertain.

Cherry - 6.5/10 Perhaps just not my thing but I find it a little repetitive and there's a lot going on

White Mustang - 7.5/10 A really solid track, quintessentially Lana. Could've been a bit more fleshed out.

Summer Bummer - 8/10 I love A$AP and I love Lana and I love them singing together. A strong track, but I do wish there was either a rap or more singing on Lana's part - even speak-singing.

Groupie Love - 7.5/10 It is a great song and while I love A$AP I am still iffy about his verse - it seems a bit too generic, like anyone could've written it.

In My Feelings - 5/10 Not feeling it so much

Coachella - 6/10 Not a terrible song, works quite good as an interlude or a transition.

God Bless America - 8/10 Strong song, good message, and a nice beat.

WTWWAWWKD - 8.5/10 Very strong vocals and music

BPBP - 7.5/10 Their voices have a strange way of contrasting against each other starkly when singing separately but when singing together it is heavenly

Tomorrow Never Came - 9/10 It's made me cry last night it's made me cry this morning. Personal wishes, like wanting more tropical sounding Lana, push this one to the top for me. I just wish they had one more "Hey, Lady-lay" bit after the bridge and it would've been a 10.

Heroin - 7/10 I don't know how to feel about it quite yet, but I like the story inside it.

Change - 5/10 I know some critics were saying it's a strong song, but it was a little too stark and bare. I don't think I like Lana over a solo piano.

Get Free - 9/10 It sounds so Lana and yet like she has grown so much from the woman who released BTD 5 years ago. The direct reference to Ride especially pleases me as that is one of my top songs.

Individual songs averaged - 7.5/10

As an album I would give it an 8 or 8.5/10!

I have really mixed feelings about this record - At first I was thinking that Honeymoon was better than this record, but after re-listening Lust for Life, I actually start appreciating a bunch of the songs. I think I might have judged too early, Lust for Life is definitely growing on me and I feel bad that I put Lust for Life in this corner, because after re-listening, it feels like there's so much beautiful songs on this record. Heroin makes me low-key want to cry because it's so beautiful.

LFL is already available on Spotify UK, YAAAAAASSSSSSSS

Lana did that , she never disappoints, thank god i stan her

I cant get over how amazing this album is. I love it so muchhhh ❤

Heroin is THAT song. UV missed out on ha!

I can't believe it's finally here. :icant:

mbWIpuR.gif

loljk love you guys. 5 more hours for me :poordat:

Don't get ur hopes up for Germany. Hm barely reached the top 5 and fell eleven places by the second week. It charted 2 months despite having tv ads for a few months.

nnn 

update: according to their websites some german retailers won't get lfl till next firday (28.07.) and most don't have it listed at all so i guess her first week sales will be downloads only  :deadbanana:

i have never seen something like this happening with a major release.

i76mrxw.png 

My quick review after two listen throughs: 

Love - 6.5/10 Lana brought something unexpected with this track which was happiness and that makes it nice to listen to, but I don't think I will be coming back to it much 

Lust for Life - 7/10 It's sincerely a cute track. Not much depth but it's not trying to be deep.

13 Beaches - 8/10 When those beats kick in! Godly! Strings at the beginning I am uncertain.

Cherry - 6.5/10 Perhaps just not my thing but I find it a little repetitive and there's a lot going on

White Mustang - 7.5/10 A really solid track, quintessentially Lana. Could've been a bit more fleshed out.

Summer Bummer - 8/10 I love A$AP and I love Lana and I love them singing together. A strong track, but I do wish there was either a rap or more singing on Lana's part - even speak-singing.

Groupie Love - 7.5/10 It is a great song and while I love A$AP I am still iffy about his verse - it seems a bit too generic, like anyone could've written it.

In My Feelings - 5/10 Not feeling it so much

Coachella - 6/10 Not a terrible song, works quite good as an interlude or a transition.

God Bless America - 8/10 Strong song, good message, and a nice beat.

WTWWAWWKD - 8.5/10 Very strong vocals and music

BPBP - 7.5/10 They're voices have a strange way of contrasting against each other starkly when singing separately but when singing together it is heavenly

Tomorrow Never Came - 9/10 It's made me cry last night it's made me cry this morning. Personal wishes, like wanting more tropical sounding Lana, push this one to the top for me. I just wish they had one more "Hey, Lady-lay" bit after the bridge and it would've been a 10.

Heroin - 7/10 I don't know how to feel about it quite yet, but I like the story inside it.

Change - 5/10 I know some critics were saying it's a strong song, but it was a little too stark and bare. I don't think I like Lana over a solo piano.

Get Free - 9/10 It sounds so Lana and yet like she has grown so much from the woman who released BTD 5 years ago. The direct reference to Ride especially pleases me as that is one of my top songs.

Individual songs averaged - 7.5/10

As an album I would give it an 8 or 8.5/10!

tumblr_inline_otexirH5la1ufejgp_540.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm actually surprised that my most anticipated song in the record White Mustang is actually the only song I dislike

Coachella >>>>> White Mustang   :runs:

8nl2OpX.png

the ending get free screaming is annoying

ezgif-1-a02ee8ff29.gif

THIS, my only problem is the part when she says "It's crazy now I'm singing with Sean" outs me off, I wasn't excepting anything and they gave me so much :defeated:

The collabs in this album are actually incredible

8nl2OpX.png