Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

you know you're a stan when you literally forget it's your own birthday because this album has you so shook  :heart:

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

This album is so addictive , the more i listen the more i like and the more i listen the more i wanna to listen 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

you know you're a stan when you literally forget it's your own birthday because this album has you so shook  :heart:

Happy birthday!

¿Qué? Quizá a las ocho o nueve de la noche te caiga. I'm about to listen to it

No puedo esperar tanto  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

the ending get free screaming is annoying

ban @@Elle. nah i think she represses her strong vocals a lot because she probably thinks their too loud and/or bad but i think it's beautiful since she hasn't added such strong vocals to songs in years. (see: Noir, true love on the side) and if you still don't like them then you have some hearing problems

giphy.gif

Does anyone know why it goes quiet in the prechorus of Get Free?

'I'm doing it for all of us/ Who never got the chance/ For ? and ?'

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Does anyone know why it goes quiet in the prechorus of Get Free?

'I'm doing it for all of us/ Who never got the chance/ For ? and ?'

The silence may allude to those who died/killed themselves because of very tragic circumstances.

This might explain her saying earlier “those who never got the chance.”

Happy birthday!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Happy birthday! :kiss:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

My quick review after two listen throughs: 

Love - 6.5/10 Lana brought something unexpected with this track which was happiness and that makes it nice to listen to, but I don't think I will be coming back to it much 

Lust for Life - 7/10 It's sincerely a cute track. Not much depth but it's not trying to be deep.

13 Beaches - 8/10 When those beats kick in! Godly! Strings at the beginning I am uncertain.

Cherry - 6.5/10 Perhaps just not my thing but I find it a little repetitive and there's a lot going on

White Mustang - 7.5/10 A really solid track, quintessentially Lana. Could've been a bit more fleshed out.

Summer Bummer - 8/10 I love A$AP and I love Lana and I love them singing together. A strong track, but I do wish there was either a rap or more singing on Lana's part - even speak-singing.

Groupie Love - 7.5/10 It is a great song and while I love A$AP I am still iffy about his verse - it seems a bit too generic, like anyone could've written it.

In My Feelings - 5/10 Not feeling it so much

Coachella - 6/10 Not a terrible song, works quite good as an interlude or a transition.

God Bless America - 8/10 Strong song, good message, and a nice beat.

WTWWAWWKD - 8.5/10 Very strong vocals and music

BPBP - 7.5/10 Their voices have a strange way of contrasting against each other starkly when singing separately but when singing together it is heavenly

Tomorrow Never Came - 9/10 It's made me cry last night it's made me cry this morning. Personal wishes, like wanting more tropical sounding Lana, push this one to the top for me. I just wish they had one more "Hey, Lady-lay" bit after the bridge and it would've been a 10.

Heroin - 7/10 I don't know how to feel about it quite yet, but I like the story inside it.

Change - 5/10 I know some critics were saying it's a strong song, but it was a little too stark and bare. I don't think I like Lana over a solo piano.

Get Free - 9/10 It sounds so Lana and yet like she has grown so much from the woman who released BTD 5 years ago. The direct reference to Ride especially pleases me as that is one of my top songs.

Individual songs averaged - 7.5/10

As an album I would give it an 8 or 8.5/10!

Wow I'm glad I don't hate myself to the point of preferring Coachella to Change

:illumilana2: :dmd: :justride: