James19709

Bel Air

This really about Axl Rose? I get all the references in the lyrics which makes me think it is, but I can't stand the fella!

Realising it could be has taken a slight shine off the song for me. :(

Guest Dot

I found this interpretation on this site called songmeanings.net, sounds quite plausible if you ask me!

Rife with subtle allusions to the band, Guns N' Roses, the song appears to be about Del Rey's brief romance with Axl Rose.

"Bel-Air" in the title and repeated throughout the refrain has a dual meaning. First, it is a location in Los Angeles, a city in which Axl Rose lives. Additionally, he is known for driving a restored Chevy Bel-Air automobile. So, when she says "Roses, Bel Air, take me there." She's talking both about going to Bel Air to meet her lover with flowers, and also about Axl Rose sporting her around in his sports car.

In the second verse, the lyric "sweet child of mine" directly alludes to the hit single by Guns N' Roses of the same name. Further, in the third verse, Del Rey sings "Idol of roses, iconic soul. I know your name" again refers to Axl Rose, indirectly describing him as a music icon known for "Roses" (or Guns N' Roses, as it were). Over all, the song has a mourning atmosphere; the romance between Rose and Del Rey was very secretive, and it appears that the "wall built by brilliant direction" implies that he wanted to keep the relationship out of the spotlight, she did not, and it eventually led to their break up.

My mind was making a connection today between Bel Air and Lalo Schifrin's main titles for the original Amityville Horror. And then i listened to the main titles today to check, and uh, never mind. Don't know why i was thinking that. BUT, DAMMIT, IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME SCORE, WHAT IS IT?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I love love love love love the idea of this being about Axl Rose. Considering her previous love of him (Axl Rose Husband, the Gramma video, GnR shirts, etc) it's just too fucking cute, her love of rockstars. But my question is, when she was seen with him, was she not supposed to be dating Barrie at the time?

Guest Dot

My mind was making a connection today between Bel Air and Lalo Schifrin's main titles for the original Amityville Horror. And then i listened to the main titles today to check, and uh, never mind. Don't know why i was thinking that. BUT, DAMMIT, IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME SCORE, WHAT IS IT?

I think Edward Scissorhands...

I don’t wanna be bad, I won’t cheat you no more

maybe this song is about cheating on reeve carney or jimmy gnecco and regretting it? I'm not even sure if she cheated on either of them but it could be. maybe, maybe not.

i'm not sure about reeve, but I'm pretty sure jim was kinda violent, which links to 'violentest kind of love'

but would lana really cheat on jim?

not sureeee

tumblr_mnotclIc9L1s7mwiio4_500.gif

Since the original page for the lyrics of Bel Air turned to a mess and was merged with something else (that I didn't care to read because it's always a mess), here's a new thread. Discuss a masterpiece! :

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate.
Trying to tell me to wait,
But I can’t wait to see you.
So I run like I'm mad to heaven's door.
I don't wanna be bad,
I won't cheat you no more.

Roses, Bel Air, take me there,
I've been waiting to meet you.
Palm trees in the light,
I can see late at night
Darling, I'm waiting to greet you,
Come to me, baby.

Spotlight, bad baby, you've got a flair
For the violentest kind of love anywhere out there

Mon amour, sweet child of mine,
You're divine.
Didn't anyone ever tell you
It's ok to shine?

Palm trees in the light,
I can see late at night.
Come to me, baby.

Don't be afraid of me, don't be ashamed.
Walk in the way of my soft resurrection
Idol of roses, iconic soul. I know your name.
Lead me to war with your brilliant direction.

Palm trees in the light,
I can see late at night.
Come to me, baby.

Grenadine, sunshine, can you fade inside of mine?
Come to me, baby.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

The best song from Paradise  :)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.