Sign in to follow this  
Stargirl

Terrence Loves You-- Ambient Spaceship Remix

Heyoo, it's 1am, I have class in the morning, and I just made this. 

http://picosong.com/iBxi/

It's a version of Terrence Loves You that fits the imagery that I conjured up when I first heard it-- floating round in a tin can, longing for her beloved, all alone surrounded by darkness and stars. 

It's not amazing but... idk, there was a thread talking about what we imagine when we hear certain Lana videos, and this is my response. 

Enjoy! 

tumblr_olos2aTk8e1rlpotto1_500.gif

i love this!!! its so calming and sweet <3 u did a really good job!! i'm always skeptical when ppl do things w this song cause it's one of my favorites, but i love this so much omg. i really like the space-y affect, it sounds so lonely and isolated but not completely sad and without hope, like when ur awake in the middle of the night listening to ur fave music just lying there in the dark and even though you're half asleep there's some sort of groggy inner clarity that you know you'll never be able to find while you're fully awake, and like everything is calm even if ur life or environment is chaotic,. kind of like a liminal space but different? i'm awful at describing things lol but i really do love it

EDIT: i was trying to figure out what this reminded me of, and i think it's a mixture of different elements from bel air, blue velvet, and once upon a dream. they all have that hazy dreamlike quality (or at least to me they do lol)

UbsOye5.png

i love this!!! its so calming and sweet <3 u did a really good job!! i'm always skeptical when ppl do things w this song cause it's one of my favorites, but i love this so much omg. i really like the space-y affect, it sounds so lonely and isolated but not completely sad and without hope, like when ur awake in the middle of the night listening to ur fave music just lying there in the dark and even though you're half asleep there's some sort of groggy inner clarity that you know you'll never be able to find while you're fully awake, and like everything is calm even if ur life or environment is chaotic,. kind of like a liminal space but different? i'm awful at describing things lol but i really do love it

EDIT: i was trying to figure out what this reminded me of, and i think it's a mixture of different elements from bel air, blue velvet, and once upon a dream. they all have that hazy dreamlike quality (or at least to me they do lol)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH your description is so lovely!! Thanks so much for your comments. It's definitely that hazy, lonely feeling. It sort of conveys the mind if an astronaut alone on a voyage coming back home, but one that will take awhile longer. I wish I had better skills to filter some of the vocals. I'd love to do something similar with songs like Bel Air that possess the same dream qualities. Especially with the focus this era has on space. I'm glad you enjoyed it!